Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/646718721923289088[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/adbrandt/status/646687042026520576[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
How long will the win streak be? 6 games? 9 games? :)

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/646722340621914113[/tweet]

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2snqtk9t said:
I think many or overestimating the player reactions. This is a business. Their emotional ties to it come and go. They will welcome him back just fine I'd imagine. May not be automatic, but one team meeting and professionals will be back to work.

Its the fans that are emotional.

I don't think every player on the team acts like a "professional." I love Lynch as a player, but his antics towards management would get him fired in just about any other professional business environment. But I agree with your general premise that guys like Sherman and Thomas are professionals who will put any bad feelings quickly behind them.

seahawks08

Reaction score
bmorepunk":15d8dlil said:
The number of people who seem to think that it is certain that the last two games would have been wins (or even just one) with Chancellor is disturbing. This team is obviously better with the guy, but come on.

Here is what I feel would have made a difference in the first two games having Kam on
1. Emotional Leadership
2. Hitting hard and instilling fear in opponents
3. Everyone in the team starts playing with a mission. Marshawn would have been hitting people, Earl would not have to cover towards the rookies and be out of place, it brings the best out of everyday.

If a receiver is scared of the defense, it messes up their rhythm, we could have won both games just by installing fear on our opponents. That is an asset that can never be replicated without Kam.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39s7wuir said:
bmorepunk":39s7wuir said:
The number of people who seem to think that it is certain that the last two games would have been wins (or even just one) with Chancellor is disturbing. This team is obviously better with the guy, but come on.

I've already said I think they are 0-2 either way. Maybe they get by St. Louis, but I doubt it.. after all they had Kam at top health for that one last year and still lost.

But if you don't think some of the players probably don't feel that way, I'd say you are naive. Earl Thomas sounded fed up about the whole thing.

Just wanted to point out, Kam was playing through a hip injury in the Dallas and Rams games in Weeks 6 and 7 last year. He was not at 100%. I seem to recall some talk about hip surgery.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawks08":3cdbql2d said:
3. Everyone in the team starts playing with a mission. Marshawn would have been hitting people, Earl would not have to cover towards the rookies and be out of place, it brings the best out of everyday.

Take the fall down play for example, Earl didn't cheat that side and was extremely late getting there. I think it's obvious that Earl needs to be lead. He had Milloy first and then Chancellor, Milloy's understudy, right there after.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4vhj3sem said:
Uncle Si":4vhj3sem said:
Hasselbeck":4vhj3sem said:
bmorepunk":4vhj3sem said:

I've already said I think they are 0-2 either way. Maybe they get by St. Louis, but I doubt it.. after all they had Kam at top health for that one last year and still lost.

But if you don't think some of the players probably don't feel that way, I'd say you are naive. Earl Thomas sounded fed up about the whole thing.

He sounded fed up talking about it. Naive would be inferring more than that.

But to each his own.. Opinions will be just that. Only fact here is that Kam is now back with the Seahawks.

Bottom line, winning cures all this crap. There were problems in the locker room last year too, then they rattled off 9 wins in 10 weeks.

Beat the Bears and this starts to fade.

agreed...

jblaze

Reaction score
bmorepunk":36vpe16p said:

I disagree. It's quite possible we would have won one or both but we'll never know.

The Bailey touchdown in the Rams game would have never happened. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have scored but who knows. Also the defense just looks and acts differently when he's no in there. All that underneath stuff has been affected by Kam's absence.

The GB game was close right down to the end and again, all that underneath stuff in the 4th quarter might have a different outcome if Kam was patrolling.

Mostly the defense just hasn't looked like themselves much in the way they didn't when Wagner was out last year for an extended amount of time.

I think we're 1-1 if Kam would have been in there. He changes everything for our defense and we looked a bit lost without our defensive leader.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
soxhawk":16iw6hoj said:
Hope he stays healthy. Rarely happens after holdouts. Don't think Kam will be a hawk next season... Too many burned bridges.

I agree there's a 50% change he gets traded in the offseason when the Hawks can get better value for him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My thoughts (as just Tweeted to Kam--he can block me if he wants):

@Kam_Chancellor Glad you're back but still upset you violated rule 1. Go out there and ball out and it'll work itself out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":36l67hzj said:

I wouldn't say disturbing is the word, but the number of people who think we don't beat the Rams with Kam is certainly surprising. We had some big gaffes on D that game that I don't think happens with Kam there. We'd have won that game, and maybe handily.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
jblaze":2t5nlfsj said:
bmorepunk":2t5nlfsj said:

I disagree. It's quite possible we would have won one or both but we'll never know.

The Bailey touchdown in the Rams game would have never happened. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have scored but who knows. Also the defense just looks and acts differently when he's no in there. All that underneath stuff has been affected by Kam's absence.

The GB game was close right down to the end and again, all that underneath stuff in the 4th quarter might have a different outcome if Kam was patrolling.

Mostly the defense just hasn't looked like themselves much in the way they didn't when Wagner was out last year for an extended amount of time.

I think we're 1-1 if Kam would have been in there. He changes everything for our defense and we looked a bit lost without our defensive leader.

I didn't say I didn't think it was a reasonable question. I do think the absolute certainty line some people are taking is unreasonable. People have literally blamed Chancellor for one or both losses in this thread and other threads. The idea that he would have helped is reasonable. The idea that the losses are squarely on him is not.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
jblaze":1mws29c1 said:
bmorepunk":1mws29c1 said:

Generally speaking, a lot of Seahawks fans are just too used to winning and have a little bit of a silver spoon effect on their views. A lot like 9er fans were. The sheer number of "next man up" comments were a key indicator in that, which is ridiculous in an of itself, but it shows how most don't understand how the Seahawks got to where they are in the first place. There's a lot more "believing" in football, from a fan point of view, than actual understanding and comprehension.

Obviously I'm a jerk, but believing you could "next man up" Kam is beyond stupid.