Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2yf8zei0 said:
The number of people who seem to think that it is certain that the last two games would have been wins (or even just one) with Chancellor is disturbing. This team is obviously better with the guy, but come on.
I honestly think that losing Quinn, Norton and NOT losing Bevell have more to do with losing the last two games myself. But that's just me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlvinKeels/status/646714942943531009[/tweet]

Kam's agent made him $0 (we don't know yet how much he lost in fines and game checks), led to an 0-2 start for his team, and created perhaps irreparable damage to Kam's previously positive reputation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1kvrrbvh said:

Kam's agent made him $0 (we don't know yet how much he lost in fines and game checks), led to an 0-2 start for his team, and created perhaps irreparable damage to Kam's previously positive reputation.
For who? Than fans? His teammates? Other teams around the league?

This is self projection. Best believe that if the Seahawks don't anti up and some point, another team will be paying him over 10 mil a season.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Having read all of the very intelligent and well considered posts on this thread,i do have to say, Eye izz hapy tuu.

Msfann

Reaction score
Welcome back Kam! I was never mad at the guy but I was disappointed he didn't show up until now. screw holding a grudge lets just get back to the super bowl.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Take those feelings and throw them in the trash where they belong, people. This is extremely high stakes bidniss. It is what it is.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ecdnh40 said:

Yup, I'm sure it was all the agent, and Saint Chancellor had nothing to do with any of it. It's not like Kam is the client with the ultimate decision-making authority or anything...oh wait.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":8sehb1yk said:
hawknation2015":8sehb1yk said:

For who? Than fans? His teammates? Other teams around the league?

This is self projection. Best believe that if the Seahawks don't anti up and some point, another team will be paying him over 10 mil a season.

The general perception of Kam from people who know about him -- Seahawk fans, media, fans of the game -- has gone from extremely positive to mostly negative for his decision to abandon his teammates during training camp, the preseason, and through the first two games.

I am very happy he is back to playing under the contract he agreed to, but in hindsight, it was a terrible decision by him that cost him way more than it gained, which is NOTHING. This is why he is the only player since the CBA to intentionally miss games during the season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1jzgx072 said:

Sure, when he is a free agent after 2017.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":32bmhpp9 said:
hawknation2015":32bmhpp9 said:

Yup, I'm sure it was all the agent, and Saint Chancellor had nothing to do with any of it. It's not like Kam is the client with the ultimate decision-making authority or anything...oh wait.

Of course Kam bears ultimate responsibility for his poor decision, as I referred to above. I just find it hilarious that his agent continues to refer to this as a "business decision" when he made negative money for his client. :34853_doh:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Perhaps Kam was heavily invested in Volkswagon. :) :stirthepot:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
As one of the most respected -- and feared -- players in the game, it was getting to the point where Kam would be ripe for major endorsements. More and more people were buying his jersey. I think now companies will think twice about making him the next Troy Polamalu, because of the negative attention he has attracted. It's unfortunate, all-around.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3jqx68f1 said:
JAGHAWK":3jqx68f1 said:
FlyHawksFly":3jqx68f1 said:
JAGHAWK":3jqx68f1 said:
Get over yourself. :177692:

This is not specifically aimed at you, but same could be said to a lot of the fans in this case. Kam is back, that is good news for our football team. Everything else is nonsense, and doesn't concern 99% of us.

The kicker to all of this... is that the deal that was on the table is gone and they may still require fines to be paid. So he did all of this to basically PAY money. I guess I just feel like he was selfish. Sure, I wanted Kam back so we could win games, that was my own selfish reason. But I was more concerned about the guys losing their leader. I feel like he has damaged some of the morale. I guess we'll see what happens now.
Here's what happens now:

- Kam and his agent were gambling that the Seahawks would lose these first two games without him, particularly since it was obvious from the schedule release that this was possibly our toughest two game stretch of the season ...

- During the holdout it comes out that Kam plays a much greater role in the overall structure and implementation of the defense than was previously thought. Earl was though to be the catalyst but even he admitted during the holdout that it was Kam that got him line up pre-snap.

- Now, after losing the first two games and having very pedestrian defensive rankings Kam will come back and against the next few opponents we'll look like the Legion of old again and his bargaining position is much improved.

- He's coming back with no concessions from the team right now, and having lost possibly more than a million in fines and lost wages, so the Team can claim a win here but the they are already saying they will look at restructuring his deal next year, and he will more than make up that difference on the new deal

It pisses me off that he cost us two games to set himself up for next years bargaining, but I couldn't be happier he's back and have to tip my hat to his agent after all. Shrewd Move Kam.

Just another thought: it also might make it more difficult for the Seahawks to move Kam or cut him before his contract is up without alienating other important teammates. While not all his teammates have out right supported his holdout, it sounds like all of them legitimately understand the business side of things, especially since Kam's message has been all about guaranteed money and having security in his contract, and less so about getting heaps of more money. If the team were to get rid of him before his contract is up, after his holdout showed his worth in that defense while he was gone, I think players would be more wary of the front office - and may take that as more a breach of rule #1 than they did with Kams holdout.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24kq5mqt said:
Apparently Ray Lewis had a lot to do with this as well per 710. Stephen A is on with Brock/Salk now and said the two have been talking a lot lately and that his words resonated with him.

I didn't think it would be Ray Lewis of all people, but I've thought for a while that Kam wouldn't end his holdout until someone he could look up to put his arm around Kam's shoulder and spoke common sense in his ear. I've always really liked Ray Lewis, so I hope this story is true.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":4p0inwi0 said:
Hasselbeck":4p0inwi0 said:
Apparently Ray Lewis had a lot to do with this as well per 710. Stephen A is on with Brock/Salk now and said the two have been talking a lot lately and that his words resonated with him.

I didn't think it would be Ray Lewis of all people, but I've thought for a while that Kam wouldn't end his holdout until someone he could look up to put his arm around Kam's shoulder and spoke common sense in his ear. I've always really liked Ray Lewis, so I hope this story is true.

Yeah, Davis Hsu has been saying for a while that he wonders if Kam's lack of a father played into this (Kam has only met his dad once, and otherwise hasn't had him in his life). That maybe he just needed a father figure to come beside him and tell him what he needed to hear. Good to see that some other men have been reaching out to him.

Exittium

Reaction score
Still don't like the dude, lost respect for him. As for those saying they'll boo him, he'll for sure get a few boos, and they'll be deserved for putting himself before the "brothers" he loves. Just because he's here doesn't mean its over either. We could see the same thing next year, OR until his contract is over. I honestly think he should sit on that bench and be made to EARN his spot back though of course that shouldn't be to hard.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":2b9rk5qv said:
Hasselbeck":2b9rk5qv said:

So do I. Kam's actions have so many reverberations....not only here in the Hawks organization, but through out the NFL.