Kam wants a new deal, don't say Seahawks set a precedent

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2r8vs6dt said:
Did you not read the OP or just chose to ignore it?

I'm one of the last people around here that will argue with anybody but I will explain my comment.

IMO if a player threatens to not show up when he's expected too, or in fact doesn't show up in an attempt to get the FO to make changes in how he's paid and concessions are made, in this instance they gave into his requests/ demands.
This may or may not have been precedent, I don't know for sure.
I do believe that other players saw how that was handled and most likely feel they can do similar things. That's why I think that it can/ will make things tougher in the future.
Do those other players know that Lynch was only given what was already offered ? I don't know that either.
My comment was based on the fact that I think what took place with Lynch last year or what was perceived to have taken place, is playing a role in what we are seeing now.
Precedent or not precedent, I think the handling of Lynch last year, is having an effect.

seedhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":iad5544a said:
HawKnPeppa":iad5544a said:

I'm one of the last people around here that will argue with anybody but I will explain my comment.

IMO if a player threatens to not show up when he's expected too, or in fact doesn't show up in an attempt to get the FO to make changes in how he's paid and concessions are made, in this instance they gave into his requests/ demands.
I do believe that other players saw how that was handled and most likely feel they can do similar things. That's why I think that it can/ will make things tougher in the future.
Do those other players know that Lynch was only given what was already offered ? I don't know that either.
My comment was based on the fact that I think what took place with Lynch last year or what was perceived to have taken place, is playing a role in what we are seeing now.
Precedent or not precedent, I think the handling of Lynch last year, is having an effect.

Precedent! Obama is president. :p
BTW, I'm a 9ers fan :{)

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":3os2cqcm said:
pmedic920":3os2cqcm said:
HawKnPeppa":3os2cqcm said:

This may or may not have been precedent,I don't know for sure.

I think Stache, at the end of his post, was talking about Lynch setting a precedent when he didnt go see the President.

I am too :{)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
At first, I thought this was a ploy by the front office to get Wilson to sign faster once he realizes that the captain of the #1 defense in the NFL for the last 3 years is only making about $5 Mil. Yet Wilson is holding out hoping to get $25 mil.

I think Kam deserves more $, maybe we can guarantee him more or get him more up front and not affect the cap.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
seedhawk":2dgvokmu said:
pmedic920":2dgvokmu said:
HawKnPeppa":2dgvokmu said:

BTW, I'm a 9ers fan :{)
Paid, not payed.

Hey, seedhawk started it!

And I love the 49ers as well :{)

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawk45":3j537ilc said:
How Bennett and Kam view the Lynch thing doesn't concern me much because they don't have the leverage.
<snip>
Bennett is even less of a concern to me. It's not like being the QB where you need as much time as possible to sync up with receivers and get your head in the multidimensional chess match that is playing the QB position. Further, I trust JS to go out and get another Bennett if it comes to that.

They already have another Bennett in camp, named Frank Clark, only faster.

Bennett has been a BEAST for us. Much love for the guy. Plus he's hella funny. He signed a contract to play in Seattle, now it's time to shut up and put up. However much Bennett does or doesn't run his mouth, he is an awesome player, a core player, at this time. We need him to play his best.

MB12

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this, but does anyone think part of the reason for Kam holding out is to get his bro Lambert more snaps?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MB12":1y7imkik said:
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this, but does anyone think part of the reason for Kam holding out is to get his bro Lambert more snaps?

Haha . . . yeah, I thought of that. Not sure it has worked with Shead playing SS. Plus, it's not worth creating the drama and uncertainty unless you really want more money.

MB12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3giu1ium said:
MB12":3giu1ium said:

Haha . . . yeah, I thought of that. Not sure it has worked with Shead playing SS. Plus, it's not worth creating the drama and uncertainty unless you really want more money.
Yeh logic defeats it, I'm just searching for why Kam is feeling the need to do this with very little leverage and 3 years left. He will probably come in tomorrow now Bobby is done

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MB12":ob95fn6o said:
hawknation2015":ob95fn6o said:
MB12":ob95fn6o said:

Yeh logic defeats it, I'm just searching for why Kam is feeling the need to do this with very little leverage and 3 years left. He will probably come in tomorrow now Bobby is done

It's the one thing that needs to happen before we can really exhale.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":268fchab said:
MB12":268fchab said:
hawknation2015":268fchab said:
MB12":268fchab said:

There's zero reason to worry about Kam's hold out. He has no leverage. The team will hand wave his fines and he will be in the lineup for a preseason game and Week 1.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27b94ym1 said:
hawknation2015":27b94ym1 said:

There's zero reason to worry about Kam's hold out. He has no leverage. The team will hand wave his fines and he will be in the lineup for a preseason game and Week 1.

I wish we had him out there, as a team leader, teaching the younger guys how to be a Seahawk.

I think we can definitely expect some defensive mishaps early in the season. I thought the defense started a little slow last year with double digit missed tackles in the first few games. Now with Thomas sidelined, Chancellor not even showing up, and two new starters at CB, you have to expect some growing pains.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8h3jgvrz said:
Hasselbeck":8h3jgvrz said:
hawknation2015":8h3jgvrz said:

I wish we had him out there, as a team leader, teaching the younger guys how to be a Seahawk.

I think we can definitely expect some defensive mishaps early in the season. I thought the defense started a little slow last year with double digit missed tackles in the first few games. Now with Thomas sidelined, Chancellor not even showing up, and two new starters at CB, you have to expect some growing pains.

All good points.

After seeing our F.O. handle this weekend, I have no doubt they will take care of Kam.

The new CBs need some time to grow together. After seeing us get torn up in the SB, it won't hurt.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'll be disappointed if they change Kams contract in any way

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
I’m having a hard time seeing what Kam’s beef is...

He’s the 8th highest paid safety in the league, highest paid SS, and the highest paid #2 safety.
The Seahawks allot more money to the safety position than anyone else in the league, by over 2mil.
All but 100k of this year’s salary is guaranteed and at the end of the year all but 325k of his 17 mil guarantee monies will have been paid him.

So, unless this is a preemptive strike for years 2016 and ‘17 he not only doesn’t have much leverage, he doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on…

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I love how Kam plays the game and I believe he is as important a cog to our defense that he merits being paid at the top of his possition group...which as stated above he already is. I have no idea how they find away to make him happy but I sure hope they do.
So far he has lived up to his contract and because of that I don't begrudge him for asking for a little more guarenteed money.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Kam's been playing even when he's hurt, I think he's thinking about his future as well. I thought his guaranteed money was only $7 million according to Sportrac? Earl is getting 3.5 times more guaranteed money than Kam. You might be right that he's thinking about his last 2 years. Especially when players know that the salary cap is going up $10 million per year, everyone wants a piece of it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":220itb9a said:
I’m having a hard time seeing what Kam’s beef is...

He’s the 8th highest paid safety in the league, highest paid SS, and the highest paid #2 safety.
The Seahawks allot more money to the safety position than anyone else in the league, by over 2mil.
All but 100k of this year’s salary is guaranteed and at the end of the year all but 325k of his 17 mil guarantee monies will have been paid him.

So, unless this is a preemptive strike for years 2016 and ‘17 he not only doesn’t have much leverage, he doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on…

He's not the highest paid SS. Reshad Jones and Eric Berry both play SS.

He is the 3rd highest paid SS and 8th highest paid safety overall.

I'm not sure what you mean by "#2 safety." Both Thomas and Chancellor are All Pros on a HoF trajectory.

What I gathered from Carroll's comments is that they hope they can get something done for Chancellor, perhaps moving incentive money into guaranteed like they did for Marshawn.