KC and Colts

mistaowen

Reaction score
Colts are gonna lose. Just too conservative, KC gonna march down for a TD.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Smellyman":1iq8u0r5 said:
dominating running up the middle. Try a flip to the outside.

so dumb
Looked vaguely familiar.

renofox

Reaction score
Refs trying to make up to Indy? Or just plain incompetence?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Collinsworth is about to jazz himself defending Mahomes struggles tonight.

mistaowen

Reaction score
mistaowen":2r5mf5uu said:

Doesnt say a word on the fourth and 1 stop.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
mistaowen":qun2sf6w said:
mistaowen":qun2sf6w said:

Doesnt say a word on the fourth and 1 stop.

And only a receiver would have believed that near bailout was pass interference. Yeesh. Calling something that ticky tack on 3rd and 28?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":1d3b6je2 said:
renofox":1d3b6je2 said:
UK_Seahawk":1d3b6je2 said:
That pi call was horrific.

The refs have been giving KC the calls all game. The PI was even worse than the INT overturn (with no 'indisputable' evidence whatsoever).

Call stands, lol.

Refs have been shit everywhere today.

Refs been terrible since week 1, missing legit calls and calling shit that isn't there.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
But, but...Mahomes is the MVP over Wilson because he's undefeated this season! Oh, and he's faced more top 10 defenses... :?

Threedee

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2flvu1q9 said:
People sound jealous of luck and mahomes because of the media. They both good and im glad russ is our qb.

Luck got screwed by the morons on the Heisman Committee in 2011, and then he went to work for Ryan Grigson and Idiot Irsay for the next seven years. You have to have a little sympathy for him. Hopefully the Panthers will take care of fellow Cardinal alum McCaffrey, who was also screwed by the morons on the Heisman Committee.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":22p0jk0w said:
Andrew Luck is really showing us how valuable he is in this game. They wouldn't even be in the game at all without him, let alone leading after halftime against such a talented KC team.
ESPN crowned him a first-ballot Hall of Famer a year before he even got drafted; can't back out of that narrative they've convinced the world of now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
TreeRon":12l4hoyv said:
"blessed with the physical intangibles that Russ doesn't have,"
Other than height, I'm curious what those intangibles are?
Mahomes has a stronger arm and height. That's about it. He is, however, a bit better at reading defenses than Wilson was AT THIS STAGE in his career. But Wilson has reached the graduate level on that count.

A more relevant question is this: why isn't that Andy Reid can't run the ball?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
ivotuk":1vjxa8xo said:
Mahomes looked downright pedestrian.
Most QBs do when the leading running back has 26 yards on 2.6 yards per carry. The hilarious chip on your shoulder about Wilson you Seahawks fans have is hilarious. The second leading running back had 2 yards, and the third -6. When is the last time Wilson had that kind of running game production to help him?

EDIT- If I recall correctly, the Seahawks had two consecutive games to start the season last year with a bad rushing attack (not quite as bad as the Chiefs yesterday), when Wilson threw three INTs and they lost both games, so yeah, having a decent running game helps.

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":b07zal6u said:
TreeRon":b07zal6u said:
Mahomes has a stronger arm and height. That's about it. He is, however, a bit better at reading defenses than Wilson was AT THIS STAGE in his career. But Wilson has reached the graduate level on that count.

To hear WHINEster tell it, Wilson still can't read a defense, and GQ's an all-pro at it.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":1bgwng2d said:
5_Golden_Rings":1bgwng2d said:
TreeRon":1bgwng2d said:

To hear WHINEster tell it, Wilson still can't read a defense, and GQ's an all-pro at it.
I was comparing Mahomes third year to Wilson's third year. Are you illiterate? In that very post I said that Wilson has reached "graduate level" with respect to reading defenses.

Seriously, the chip you guys have on your shoulders with respect to Wilson is hysterical. That or this entire forum is filled with illiterates, which I find hard to believe. If it isn't Rodgers, it's Luck, if it isn't Luck It's Mahomes or Brady. It's so funny.

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1r9u7brf said:
Maulbert":1r9u7brf said:
5_Golden_Rings":1r9u7brf said:
TreeRon":1r9u7brf said:

I was comparing Mahomes third year to Wilson's third year. Are you illiterate? In that very post I said that Wilson has reached "graduate level" with respect to reading defenses.

Seriously, the chip you guys have on your shoulders with respect to Wilson is hysterical. That or this entire forum is filled with illiterates, which I find hard to believe. If it isn't Rodgers, it's Luck, if it isn't Luck It's Mahomes or Brady. It's so funny.

I wasn't accusing you. I actually agree with what you said. My comment was in reference to this, in the 49ers are the real threat thread:

NINEster":1r9u7brf said:
Sure Jimmy is benefiting from a great coach, just like Drew Brees. Alex Smith benefited from having Andy Reid over Harbaugh.

But can't read defenses on his own? GTFOH. You don't earn a big contract if you can't do that. The Jimmy G highlights from 2017 in particular are the opposite of Wilson's.......few deep balls, mostly surgical strikes, and extended plays that weren't particularly broken (i.e. 15 seconds of running around so Lockett or Baldwin can be wide open). Jimmy "created" plenty that year, mostly out of necessity with not knowing the playbook.

Wilson is still not a great reader of defenses either/progression QB. For his vast experience in the league, he's still pretty much relying on the deep ball and extended plays. He gets the job done, but let's not act he's Brady level in the pocket manipulating safeties with his eyes and getting to the 4th option while still in the tackle box.

If he really was that special, he would be throwing over 50 TDs a year every year and the Seahawks would go 15-1.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't know that Mahomes has a stronger arm than RW..If he does it sure is less accurate and maybe a few yards
more at best..The Colts D blitzed exactly how they needed to and seeing Mahomes handle it told me all I needed.
He would not fit in our offense but RW would fit in easily in KC..
Good defenses are figuring out how to force Mahomes off his comfort zone..HOF?Ha Ha

Latest posts