Kearse's TD

HawkWow

Reaction score
Living in a melting pot (majority 9er fans but many others as well), I've had to argue this all year. Even my closest friends that would never bad mouth the Hawks timidly say "well, if Wilson had better receivers...." and I am ready to go out of my mind. I'm like what's a great receiver? The guy that runs the fly routes and runs untouched into the endzone? That's a fast receiver, not necessarily a great receiver (ala Wallace). We have great receivers and our QB is learning the game on the fly. RW will learn to understand he's not always going to have a 5 yd cushion between WR and DB. And he is doing that.

Look how our guys FIGHT for the ball. They have bailed RW out countless times and that is no knock on RW. Great receivers are supposed to allow their QB to make a throw and attack the ball...or defender. Our guys do that. I love these guys and have for the past 2 years. Most under rated set of WRs in the league today. Maybe yesterday too.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I thought the most impressive thing about the whole play was the great hands catch Jermaine made. Sure the run after was great, but it was added by some bad tackling by the Broncos.

TJH

Reaction score
HawkWow":25d5vett said:
TJH":25d5vett said:
Great play, but that effort by 32 right before he crosses the goalline was the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen.

I encourage you to watch it again. Nothing embarrassing about it. Wasn't like Kearse was a stationary target. Had that happened to our defenders (the best), I wouldn't have even been upset, let alone embarrassed.. It was just a great play by Kearse. You a Duck by chance? J/K. ; )

I've watched the game no less than 10 times. I'm not talking about the moves Kearse put on the guys, that was legit. I am talking about the half assed swat attempt instead of going for any tackle as 32 is coming up behind Kearse as he gets to about the ~2. I don't mean this as any dig towards Kearse, but as an affront to 32's effort. Not a duck, in fact both of my parents are proud Huskies.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
I thought this play was the play of the game for me, to say the tackling was abysmal is a discredit to one of our WR's that we complain about not getting enough credit! I thought the only poor effort on Denvers part was the guy trailing him at the 2 but by then Kearse wasn't stopping (it's like the 9'er who lagged off Lynch on his TD run, Lynch didn't score just 'cause of that DB). Just heard a sound bite with Kearse & Harvin where Harvin said "I don't even know how you did that!" coming from him I think that says a lot about the effort from Kearse.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Kearse really had a great game, the TD was the icing on the cake.

Definitely looks like a Madden cheat code though, haha.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Someone asked Pete on Twitter what his favorite play in the Super Bowl was.

He said the Kearse TD.

It was an amazing play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Our borderline good and replaceable pedestrian, appetizer, too expensive to keep WR's that many want to dump and roll dice on striking gold again showed up big, both of those would have been forever highlights in a game that needed a few points to win.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
One of the announcers said he looked like a broken washing machine. Or a washing machine gone wild. Something to that effect. :lol: Was still pretty cool to watch.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3jvt7hwy said:
Someone asked Pete on Twitter what his favorite play in the Super Bowl was.

He said the Kearse TD.

It was an amazing play.

Sounds like Pete values offense more than I thought then. I thought the play was great in that he stayed on his feet and never gave up. Kinda like what we've become accustomed to with Tate.

And y'all stop "killing my vibe" with the " yeah, but poor tackling" Debby Downer ish. (^_^)

BASF

Reaction score
Pure desire by Kearse to make that play and get in the end zone. The thing that got me laughing about it was that Danny Trevathan (the first guy there who missed the tackle) had told one of the reporters that after the Super Bowl everyone would know his name and there he was getting posterized by Jermaine Kearse. If I could get a Fat Head made of any part of the Super Bowl it would be that play as Trevathan is sliding off of Kearse.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
This whole drive is underrated. This was the drive and play that broke the Broncos. Their offense had finally scored and even converted the extra point. They were feeling a little hope. This drive ending with that amazing play ended all hope. You could see it in their faces.

HawkGA

Reaction score
To put in movie terms, Kearse's touchdown was the great summer popcorn movie. Baldwin's TD was a bit more of the refined movie that is the "better" movie. Baldwin would win the Academy Awards and Kearse would gross the bigger box office. I'm just glad both are on the Hawks so we don't really have to choose.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The slow mo replay of Baldwin's td was spectacular. gave me chills with the music going. pretty epic td. both Baldwin and kearse's td won't get the credit they deserve, because they didn't affect the outcome of the game -since the outcome was never in doubt.

Smellyman":32z3ibwy said:
I almost thought Baldwins td catch was better......two of the quckest moves I have ever seen to get in the endzone.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
brimsalabim":13z6hrn6 said:
This whole drive is underrated. This was the drive and play that broke the Broncos. Their offense had finally scored and even converted the extra point. They were feeling a little hope. This drive ending with that amazing play ended all hope. You could see it in their faces.

Actually that was Baldwin's td drive, which started after a botched onsides kick, then Wilson hit kearse on the seam and finished with ADB epic td catch.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yep I made a mistake. I just watched it again on sound effects. Awesome.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Every great individual play has "bad tackling". Unbelievable individual effort