Kelvin Benjamin..could've been a Seahawk?

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":17jnc4zh said:
HawkWow":17jnc4zh said:
I don't think talk of Richardson here would be derailing. In my previous post I mentioned he looked a bit timid compared to his style of play at CU. I attributed that to NFL jitters. Thinking more about it, it's likely he was also intimidated by the presence of Harvin. Certainly Harvin knew why the closest player to him in the draft was drafted, and I have to think Richardson (and the team) knew this as well. Had to be pretty uncomfortable for the rook. With that, I so look forward to seeing Richardson bring the swag he was once noted for. The kid can play and may very well prove to be the better pick between he and Benjamin.

I 100% agree with this. Richardson is a little swagger away from making an impact. He's fast, duh, but everything he does looks crisp and easy. Dude produced when he was literally the only Pac12 caliber player on his offense. He was the only dude who merited consideration on the Buffs, and he still produced.

I want him to get a jet sweep a game too.

I really like our future at the position, Pe. I've stuck my neck way out with Norwood but it wouldn't surprise me if he proves to be slower developing than Rich, even though I've oft-times called him NFL ready now. I suppose saying that doesn't necessarily make it true (!) but reading SeanHawk's post below yours, it wouldn't stun me if *Harvin didn't stymie the growth of both.

* I'm sure I sound like I'm putting all of our problems on Harvin, I don't mean to and fully understand our problems run deeper than harvin. But in examples like this, now backed by Seanhawk's post, it's hard to think of him resembling anything close to positive. Percy messed with the vets, imagine how he was with the rooks, especially those positioned to take his spot.

Adios cockroach.

Smellyman

Reaction score
All the experts in the NFL draft forum didn't want him, he dropped too many passes.

SE174

Reaction score
Benjamin is the player I really thought Pete and John were going to get, and I was hoping we'd get late in the 1st. He is exactly the type of player Pete covets; one with extraordinary and unique skills and attributes. KB has the physicality, athleticism and range that can be so dominant in the NFL like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I wish the Hawks would utilize Willson better. As pointed out by Hawknation2014 in the Draft forum

Our Fifth Round TE Luke Willson is also much faster and provides a bigger target than Benjamin:

Willson's 40 time: 4.51
Benjamin's 40 time: 4.61

Willson's 10-yard split: 1.61
Benjamin's 10-yard split: 1.67

Willson's short shuttle: 4.29
Benjamin's short shuttle: 4.39

Willson's 3-cone: 7.08
Benjamin's 3-cone: 7.33

Willson's vertical: 38
Benjamin's vertical: 32.5

Willson's broad jump: 10.17
Benjamin's broad jump: 9.11

Willson's bench press: 23
Benjamin's bench press: 13

RiverDog

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qqsv0ut said:
I remember Pete saying they had their eyes on Dalton.

*shudders*

I can also remember all the hubbub about us taking Jake Locker. Thank God Tennessee relived us of that dilemma.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":1tklocnw said:
Scottemojo":1tklocnw said:
I remember Pete saying they had their eyes on Dalton.

*shudders*

Lets be fair, Prisco told me there's 20 GM's who think Dalton would've won a ring with the 2013 Seahawks as well. Makes sense, historically Dalton fares well under pressure and vs top 10 defenses. And, all things being equal, the Bengals & Seahawks OL and WR groups are equal.
Seriously Pe? Throwing three picks at home vs. San Diego in a blowout loss in the playoffs last year says otherwise.

pehawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":4uo30ker said:
I wish the Hawks would utilize Willson better. As pointed out by Hawknation2014 in the Draft forum

Our Fifth Round TE Luke Willson is also much faster and provides a bigger target than Benjamin:

Willson's 40 time: 4.51
Benjamin's 40 time: 4.61

Willson's 10-yard split: 1.61
Benjamin's 10-yard split: 1.67

Willson's short shuttle: 4.29
Benjamin's short shuttle: 4.39

Willson's 3-cone: 7.08
Benjamin's 3-cone: 7.33

Willson's vertical: 38
Benjamin's vertical: 32.5

Willson's broad jump: 10.17
Benjamin's broad jump: 9.11

Willson's bench press: 23
Benjamin's bench press: 13

Yup...having a TE who could run and line up wide was one of the many offensive ideas which the team never saw through. There's been quite a few of these examples.