Key Difference (Seahawks vs 49ers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching the game against the Packers today, one thing becomes highly evident:

The 49ers pass pro is heads and shoulders above ours. The main reason Colin looks as good as he does much the time is due to a nice, spacious pocket with all the time in the world to pick his targets. A luxury, we currently do not have at OL. We finally get an elite/franchise QB and we put him behind an offensive line that struggles to pass pro to be kind.

While pass rush is another valid concern with the Seahawks, to me, it's pass pro that will be the difference this year between 12, 13, 14 wins or seeing Jackson this year. Cable, for as great as he is as a coach, needs this to be priority ONE as in yesterday.

Aside, GREAT win today! GO HAWKS! KEEP WILSON HEALTHY BOYS!

hawk45

Reaction score
They're so much better than we are in the trenches, on both sides of the ball.

Since our secondary has proven they can limit scoring (dominate) despite limitations on the DL, I find myself in agreement that keeping RW upright would be nice and maybe we should draft some OL talent instead of trying to be cute reaching on guys or converting guys.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I was going to start a thread on this....Having stated what you have above I have something to add about the 49ers

While their pass protection has looked ok, their running game is being completely dismantled and shut down by the Packers...They have 12 carries for 29 yards...that is...not good.

And as far as their passing game goes it looks like its ALL Boldin and then some Davis in the endzone. Both of them have combined for about 190 yards of receiving.

Also even though the packers have no threat of a running game he is tearing this SF D up... 245 yards and 3 TD

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah as far as our game with them next week goes, we shut down Boldin and Davis and the game is already over. In our house? Yeah, I like our chances.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
49ers OL + Harbaugh's offensive mind = scary. Kaepernick is legitimately a one read QB and has all day to sit there. He's extremely talented, but wow has Harbaugh made his life simple. I've never seen so many first reads being that wide open. I know this seems like a shot at CK, and I really don't mean it that way. He's extremely physically talented, but theres a reason Harbaugh has never had a QB struggle under his coaching (dating back to college).

To switch gears, I think Carolinas front 7 is definitely near elite. They have some serious talent there. Next week should be fun.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Patrick Willis. He is a unique talent and can be a game changer. Overall we are still the better team.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hold on a sec..... except for Clay Matthews, please tell me where the Packers great pass rushers are? ?? ???

You can't because there are none.

Yes, the SF O-line is pretty good. But come on.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aros":1aybbcbi said:
Watching the game against the Packers today, one thing becomes highly evident:

The 49ers pass pro is heads and shoulders above ours. The main reason Colin looks as good as he does much the time is due to a nice, spacious pocket with all the time in the world to pick his targets. A luxury, we currently do not have at OL. We finally get an elite/franchise QB and we put him behind an offensive line that struggles to pass pro to be kind.

While pass rush is another valid concern with the Seahawks, to me, it's pass pro that will be the difference this year between 12, 13, 14 wins or seeing Jackson this year. Cable, for as great as he is as a coach, needs this to be priority ONE as in yesterday.

Aside, GREAT win today! GO HAWKS! KEEP WILSON HEALTHY BOYS!

Great observation. We can win with Wilson, even without a stellar run game, if we can buy him necessary time. Without adequate pass protection, we will be on the outside looking in....or up, in the case of the NFCW.

We got away with an excellent win that will likely serve us better than had we blown them out. With a team as young as ours...better they remain humble.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Matthews has gotten in there several times....other than that they have literally NOBODY for pass rushers on green bay. Im actually shocked the packers have held the 49ers to 40 rushing yards and the Packers actually have more rushing yards (42) than the 49ers. Seems like both teams have just decided to air it out and both QBs are tearing the secondary up

The Radish

Reaction score
I watched it all through the first quarter and then was away awhile. 24-21 right now ninnirs but GB about to score, 1st & goal at the 2.

What I've seen in this game compared to us at Carolina either of these teams would be running us out of the stadium. BTW Kaep throws darts , has a better arm than Trent Dilfer who also had a cannon.

Packers running game is a thing to see in the 4th here. now 28-24

Hawks46

Reaction score
We knew our pass pro was barely average going into the year.

Carolina has a very good DL, and they made us look even worse.

Our best pass protection is running the football. When we get our PA rolling, it's good, but if we have to line up and sling it a lot, it's going to suck for Wilson.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im not worried at all. Green Bay has been terrible at run D and have completely shut down the 49ers and they have been able to throw at will against the 49er secondary.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You guys should all know that next week playing at home in prime time we will see a team that doesn't even resemble the team we were today playing on the east coast at 10 am. Meanwhile watching the 49ers they look good but have the advantage of playing at home, and have still given up 28 points (so far).

Kaeperneck was only sacked one time less then Russell Wilson.

And no way do our DB's allow Boldin to put up these type numbers.

I expect a fairly convincing win.

Something like 34-24.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The big difference is that SF has better lines, on both sides of the ball. They also have a better LB group.

We have a much better secondary and we have a better (deeper) WR group.

But if you watched both the Seahawks and the 49ers objectively, it is clear the better team is the 49ers.

We have an advantage because we are home but that is it.

This is the first game, they are not firing on all cylinders and they look like the SB favorite by far. Wilson looked better than Kap by leagues last year, if you compare this game he is matching Rogers on every shot. That disadvantage is gone.

Also, Boldin is paying huge dividends for them. Boldin might actually be the difference between a win and loss in Seattle for them.

SF is playing a much higher quality opponent, but they are playing at home. Still, if this Seattle team had showed up in SF today they would have been run out of the stadium - at least a 17 point loss.

The Seahawks have their work cut out for them.

The Radish

Reaction score
Looks like the ninnirs have gotten tired of screwing around and have marched down the field at will for the lead. Held GB to 3 and out, and now marching down the field with the ball and the lead again.

hawk45

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1yywei3n said:
You guys should all know that next week playing at home in prime time we will see a team that doesn't even resemble the team we were today playing on the east coast at 10 am. Meanwhile watching the 49ers they look good but have the advantage of playing at home, and have still given up 28 points (so far).

Kaeperneck was only sacked one time less then Russell Wilson.

And no way do our DB's allow Boldin to put up these type numbers.

I expect a fairly convincing win.

A nitpick: Kaepernick being sacked 1 time less than RW doesn't tell the story. RW was running for his life most of the game, Kaepernick has had all day in the pocket. I expect RW to see some pressure next week, and...well I guess we'll see what happens with respect to pressuring them since we're getting some help back on the DL next week.

The rest I agree with, the Niners D has looked mortal, our secondary is much better than theirs (or Green Bay's), and we're at home so that'll affect Kaepernick's comfort level negatively and RW's level positively.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Anyone see that pushoff by Boldin...lol..how is that not called

NFkB

Reaction score
You're ignoring the fact that the 49ers are playing at home, and the Seahawks were on the road. O-line play is affected a lot by noise.

Latest posts