Key Difference (Seahawks vs 49ers)

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I remember yelling at the TV several times you need to throw it now, 22 is open, why in the hell are we not running any screens or abusing the short flat with our RB or FB, quick hitches, slants, bouble screens, anyone? The other thing I was wondering if it was me or were we in zone a ton and if so why in the hell would we do that? practice?, then you look at all the stats with little to no pressure on Cam our D was still top notch and So I say to myself "STFU we won".. I am not so worried about the 49ers O. No way in hell our secondary plays like a high school B team D against Skyline. It almost seems to me that the Hawks played a vanilla strange D, with nearly no pressure packages, and still played lights out. our O seemed to be playing a preset game plan with no adjustments. Not trying to discredit Carolina which played there hearts out but it seemed blasé, at the most we played a game plan that did not reveal our strengths, or maybe the lack of run production was the issue. I can't wait for Kearly and the boys explain it to me, or confirm my metal wonderings. They always have a way of explaining stuff so I can understand.

justafan

Reaction score
There is no comparing how these two lines looked today.SF is head and shoulders above ours in talent and coaching IMO.

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
justafan":1nvavdin said:
There is no comparing how these two lines looked today.SF is head and shoulders above ours in talent and coaching IMO.

And you would be mistaken...

drrew

Reaction score
49ers give up 385 yards against only 20 minutes of possession yet somehow they dominated with their defensive line?

This board needs to start instituting some sort of football 101 quiz before it allows people to post, this thread is ridiculous.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drrew":2tefm3k6 said:
49ers give up 385 yards against only 20 minutes of possession yet somehow they dominated with their defensive line?

This board needs to start instituting some sort of football 101 quiz before it allows people to post, this thread is ridiculous.
Word! :th2thumbs:

hoxrox

Reaction score
kearly":1x0wercs said:
Wilson LOVED holding the ball in this game. I wonder what his average hold time was? It had to have been at least 5 seconds.

Wilson doesn't play small ball much, even though guys were open in the flat. Always seems like he's going for the big plays.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
justafan":11uczeib said:

Next Sunday, the situation will be much different. Let's see which Frisco team shows up...shall we?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
A lot of love for the 49ers in this thread...

Green Bay has an average defense playing in hostile territory. SF is a better team than GB, in fact, I'd say they are a lot better. This was not a great win for SF, this was flop-sweat inducing.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":35oamega said:

Green Bay has an average defense playing in hostile territory. SF is a better team than GB, in fact, I'd say they are a lot better. This was not a great win for SF, this was flop-sweat inducing.

Green Bay last year was 11th in total yards per game and in points allowed per game.

That is an above average defense.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":2yhktzao said:
SonicHawk":2yhktzao said:

Green Bay last year was 11th in total yards per game and in points allowed per game.

That is an above average defense.

Pretty sure they just gave up 500 yards to SF and 34 points. That defense is not above average.

justafan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":9b54ihfn said:
justafan":9b54ihfn said:

Next Sunday, the situation will be much different. Let's see which Frisco team shows up...shall we?

I expect our oline to play much better next week.But they arent above being criticized for a bad performance.
The whole oline including Okung and Unger had some trouble today.It wouldnt surprise me if this ends up being there worse game of the year.

Dismas

Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to say we stuck with a vanilla game plan against Carolina, but it did seem very evident to me that we did not, by any means, pull out all the bells and whistles.

My feeling during the game was that Pete was trying to maximize what we did show, while keeping a bunch of stuff off tape to make it harder for SF to prepare. I hope that, anyhow.

Bubble screens to Tate were a real good constraint play for us last year, but this game, the only wr screen I recall was to Baldwin. I imagine the short game will be more evident next week, as well as a little more use of creative wr formations to force favorable coverages.

On D, my inexpert eye did not spot much of anything to make an O line have to plan very hard, so hopefully we see a few new wrinkles there as well.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I think Bevell/Pete may have been guilty of going for the glory/big time plays (requiring Wilson to wait longer for them to develop) too much against Carolina, and underestimating them. Hopefully they bin that stuff against SF.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks, at home, in the opener, vs. the hated Niners. No way in hell they don't come out and play their butts off on Sunday. This one is gonna' be EPIC.
Hawks 24-20

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
JSeahawks":220v3jan said:
I expect a fairly convincing win.

Something like 34-24.

After Sunday's game and then back home with 9'rs?...I predict a(nother) serious 9'r beat-down. It's going to be nuts there.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Aros":3kb9p93y said:
Yeah as far as our game with them next week goes, we shut down Boldin and Davis and the game is already over. In our house? Yeah, I like our chances.

Except for our lack of protection. Alden Smith had a nice game against the Packers

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":325ggupi said:
Aros":325ggupi said:
Yeah as far as our game with them next week goes, we shut down Boldin and Davis and the game is already over. In our house? Yeah, I like our chances.

Except for our lack of protection. Alden Smith had a nice game against the Packers

Green Bay has the worst o-line in the league, bar-none. The fact that Rodgers still had 300 yards and 3 TDs tells me this:

The difference between our teams is that we still have an elite defense. Combine that with Kaepernick's doe eyes in the face of the deafening 12th man, and I bet the two teams look a lot different come Sunday night. I would be willing to bet money that Kaepernick uses 2 timeouts in the first quarter.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Packers defense is better than it was last year, but hardly anything close to elite Seahawks secondary.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lv3b70l said:
kearly":1lv3b70l said:
49ers pass pro = Seahawks pass pro, roughly speaking. The difference is that Kaepernick fires the ball in 4 seconds or less pretty consistently. Wilson LOVED holding the ball in this game. I wonder what his average hold time was? It had to have been at least 5 seconds.

Agree'd. I think at times Wilson makes our pass protection look worse then it really is. If that's Peyton Manning back there the ball is getting released in 2 seconds and nobody here is complaining about anything. But, that's not Wilsons game (and to be honest I think it has to do with his height). He's better when he's moving around within the pocket creating angles then just getting the snap and trying to release the ball on perfect rhythm.

I don't know... Watching McQuistan get run over by a linebacker (05:26 left in first quarter) who was lined up on the line of scrimmage (no running start) didn't make me think, "wow, Russell is making our line look bad".

Bipolar

Reaction score
also keep in mind that the Packers O-line is garbage after they lost Bulaga for the season. it is an equivalent of Okung breaking an arm.

Latest posts