Key to this seasons turnaround: Trading Percy Harvin

Rat

Reaction score
I did preface that I'm lazy :p

Is 2.5 more carries per game significant? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just curious how different it has really been. With how lights-out the D has been lately, I'd think his carries would have gone up anyway. I'm not sure we've been all that more Lynch-centered.

I can respect the opinion that bad attitudes have no place on the team. I feel like the leadership on this team is strong enough to neutralize any problems Harvin may have caused, and we have so few great options in the passing game. If we win the SB, it won't matter, but I still don't like that he was traded for basically nothing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rat":vzeqhmqz said:
The defense waking up was the catalyst. Regardless of our current record, giving Harvin to the Jets was a huge mistake.
You make a reasonable argument for your opinion about trading Harvin, but you simply can't quantify his negative affect on the locker room. When a guy refuses to enter battle with his teammates as he did vs. Dullass, that IMO is an irreparable breach of what a winning team is at its core.

Chris98251, myself and several other posters were speculating that the Hawks had a 'tell' when they were going to throw a bubble screen when Harvin was still on the team because the effectiveness of those plays and been reduced to zero. In retrospect, I am utterly convinced that the other guys didn't want to block for the guy because since then the play has become decently effective again (usually going for 5-7 yards). I have zero proof of this, just a hunch.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Rat":2cab9j31 said:
I did preface that I'm lazy :p

Is 2.5 more carries per game significant? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just curious how different it has really been. With how lights-out the D has been lately, I'd think his carries would have gone up anyway. I'm not sure we've been all that more Lynch-centered.

I can respect the opinion that bad attitudes have no place on the team. I feel like the leadership on this team is strong enough to neutralize any problems Harvin may have caused, and we have so few great options in the passing game. If we win the SB, it won't matter, but I still don't like that he was traded for basically nothing.

I understand where you're coming from, but the fact that he was traded for basically nothing is pretty telling. They wanted him out of here badly.