Key to this seasons turnaround: Trading Percy Harvin

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am glad Percy was hurt during our super bowl season as I am confident we do not win the championship with him in our on field chemistry mix.

Rat

Reaction score
The defense waking up was the catalyst. Regardless of our current record, giving Harvin to the Jets was a huge mistake.

Mick063

Reaction score
Didn't some of you folks grow weary of always defending that he wasn't injury prone?

Well you were wrong. He is nothing but a "game time decision" player.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Rat":2fp041k6 said:
The defense waking up was the catalyst. Regardless of our current record, giving Harvin to the Jets was a huge mistake.

resigning Avril and KJ could not have happened. There Cap number together is just slightly more than Harvins. If they intended to keep Harvin they don't get resigned

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
3-2 with Percy, and 9-2 since Percy was traded. Enough said.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I can't wait until people (hawks fans included) start using their brains and stop calling Harvin talented.
Remember when Jamarcus Russell was new and people said he was talented? We don't hear that anymore because people finally wizened up and realized he isnt.

Hopefully soon people will wake up and be like: "oh wait, he was fast but he couldn't run routes and struggled catching anything more than 5 yards past the LOS."

Harvin is fast, but that is all. Our very own Bryan Walters is a better WR in every other way but speed.

Harvin is as good a wr as Jamarcus Russell is a QB. He is as good a WR as Kelly Jennings is a CB.

Harvin has never been a good wr in the nfl and he never will be because he has never had the talent to be a successful WR.

Harvin was mediocre in Minnesota, he has one of the worst WRS in history as a Hawk, and he has been mediocre as a Jet.

He has never been a good wr, so why do people keep pretending he is? There's probably only 5 or 6 WRS in the nfl who are as bad as him.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Rat":2zfufnl0 said:
Huge mistake?

Harvin is LITERALLY one of the worst WRS in the nfl, and he is the most over - paid wr in NFL history, and he has been mediocre/bad for all 3 teams he's played for in the nfl.

Harvin makes the players around him worse. He makes the team he is on worse.

Getting Harvin was the biggest mistake in Hawks history. Getting rid of him was the easiest decision they've ever made.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ajo4a63p said:
Rat":ajo4a63p said:
Huge mistake?

Harvin is LITERALLY one of the worst WRS in the nfl, and he is the most over - paid wr in NFL history, and he has been mediocre/bad for all 3 teams he's played for in the nfl.

Getting Harvin was the biggest mistake in Hawks history. Getting rid of him was the easiest decision they've ever made.
Yeah we know you have an axe to grind with Percy. It's old and makes no sense anymore so why not move on? Because it's obvious the entirety of the above post is pure hyperbole at best. We took a risk on a plus type player and it didn't work out and we lost very little in the end, to me your anger is misplaced at best considering this.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think trading Percy was the sole catalyst, but it likely started the process. Add in how the team felt about the losses to Dallas, St. Louis and KC, Earl getting on guys during practice (the sunflower seeds incident), Pete calling the position leaders together, Kam talking to everyone, etc. and you get a team that rediscovers themselves as a cohesive unit instead of a bunch of talented individuals.

Rat

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1tyqtf7h said:
Harvin is LITERALLY one of the worst WRS in the nfl
I can understand why some won't agree with my take on Harvin, but this statement is ridiculous.

GFang

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2wwv08s3 said:
Rat":2wwv08s3 said:
Huge mistake?

Good post. Like many fans, I was in awe of Harvin's extraordinary athleticsm, big-play potential, and overall X-factor ability. But the facts are that during his tenure with the Hawks and Jets, his individual production and utility as a "decoy" combined fall well short of his salary. Defenses have caught up, and the issue is that Harvin hasn't elevated his game to stay ahead of them. Once Harvin himself doesn't produce, and the RBs, TEs, and WRs don't benefit from his "decoy" factor, your overall offense becomes worse than before. If using basketball terminology, Harvin would be listed as a minus in the "+/-" column. Additionally, his presence, for whatever reason, antagonizes his fellow WR corps and the starting QB. In the larger picture, he creates fissures between teammates, and between the players and coaches. You should be applauded for plainly stating the truth, bjorn.

mistaowen

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2jnsl7ev said:
I can't wait until people (hawks fans included) start using their brains and stop calling Harvin talented.
Remember when Jamarcus Russell was new and people said he was talented? We don't hear that anymore because people finally wizened up and realized he isnt.

Hopefully soon people will wake up and be like: "oh wait, he was fast but he couldn't run routes and struggled catching anything more than 5 yards past the LOS."

Harvin is fast, but that is all. Our very own Bryan Walters is a better WR in every other way but speed.

Harvin is as good a wr as Jamarcus Russell is a QB. He is as good a WR as Kelly Jennings is a CB.

Harvin has never been a good wr in the nfl and he never will be because he has never had the talent to be a successful WR.

Harvin was mediocre in Minnesota, he has one of the worst WRS in history as a Hawk, and he has been mediocre as a Jet.

He has never been a good wr, so why do people keep pretending he is? There's probably only 5 or 6 WRS in the nfl who are as bad as him.

This post is hysterical. I'm excited for when you post the picture of Harvin pissing all over your couch, explaining why you hate him. I'm also gonna get your quote on Bryan Walters being a better WR than him tattooed on my arm.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
All I know is that we got better as a team after he left. In hind site I would have given the jets a fourth rounder just to take him off our hands. He did manage to score one TD for the jets before getting injured so maybe that's enough for them to keep him on the roster long enough to turn our 6th round pick into a 4th?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Northhawk":1smiyu5b said:
seabowl":1smiyu5b said:
3-2 with Percy, and 9-2 since Percy was traded. Enough said.

Angry Doug agrees:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... turnaround

Thanks for the props and for spotting this article. Again when the trade happened I was dissapoinment especially in how much we gave up to get Percy. However, it's proven to be the catalyst for the turnaround. I like how Dous speaks his mind and is not worried about telling the truth.

I think it's funny how it was mentioned how upset Marshawn was with the trade knowing now that he has probably benefited the most from it.

Rat

Reaction score
Correlation doesn't equal causation. There's zero chance we'd be like 7-9 with Harvin. The improvement in the defense had a lot more to do with the later season success.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Dumping Percy helped improve the attitude of the entire team not just the offense. So an argument can be made that getting rid of him improved our defense as well. As far as Lynch's opinion goes well reasoning isn't his strong point. Playing football is and thanks to Percy's departure Lynch once again became the focus of our offense and the wY he responded just might earn him a contract extension so I am betting he is over losing his buddy. You can also bet that Percy is still pulling for the Hawks though since he would share in any post season bonuses earned.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look up the stats. Has Lynch even gotten all that many more touches since Percy left?

I don't think the team getting better proves anything about Harvin. I'm confident the team was going to get better anyway. Great on them for improving, but I don't like that we have one less great weapon. I hope it doesn't bite the team in the rear in the playoffs.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rat":2rtzfpf8 said:
I'm too lazy to look up the stats. Has Lynch even gotten all that many more touches since Percy left?

I don't think the team getting better proves anything about Harvin. I'm confident the team was going to get better anyway. Great on them for improving, but I don't like that we have one less great weapon. I hope it doesn't bite the team in the rear in the playoffs.

Not a hard stat to look up. ML averaged just 15.8 carries in the five games with Harvin on the roster.

He is averaging 18.3 carries in the 11 games since Harvin was traded.

http://www.nfl.com/player/marshawnlynch ... 3/gamelogs

Latest posts