Kris Richard Named Defensive Coordinator (Among 4 Others)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Here's an article by Doug Farrar written about 2 weeks ago about Richard and the LOB.

[urltargetblank]http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/25/seattle-seahawks-kris-richard-legion-of-boom[/urltargetblank]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":qu0bm7vo said:
So, for the record,

Is it pronounced "Richard", as in Richard Sherman, or "Rishard" like the Canadian way?

It's another RUSkull/RusKELL kinda thing, isn't it?

It's pronounced the French/Canadian way.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":rxkmktpv said:
Guess I never really thought of Lofa as a coach. Looking forward to having Richard as the DC though!

75% of Lofa game was instinct, mental and cerebral plus being an over achiever.

He had coach written all over him... Im surprised it took this long.

A

Anonymous

hawknation2015":qh36x5yz said:
HoustonHawk82":qh36x5yz said:
So, for the record,

Is it pronounced "Richard", as in Richard Sherman, or "Rishard" like the Canadian way?

It's another RUSkull/RusKELL kinda thing, isn't it?

It's pronounced the French/Canadian way.

Cool. Got that figured out.

I like the promote from within situation here.

One thing is for sure, we may see a new wrinkle or six, but the overall scheme won't change.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":qn2qi0on said:
Trenchbroom":qn2qi0on said:
Hasselbeck called it. I love this move!

He was damn close anyway. He called for him to replace Norton, and that was a bit of a stretch as he had no real coaching experience, but the Assistant position is a perfect fit, and probably as close as it could possibly get, so bonus points for that.

I did it half jokingly half hopeful too. Love the hire and the fact he's working alongside a guy like Barrow.

Good stuff!

stang233

Reaction score
I was hoping to see heath Farwell on the assistant LB spot.. maybe he is going to try and play. I thought it was career ending.

drdiags

Reaction score
stang233":3g1q2qlr said:
I was hoping to see heath Farwell on the assistant LB spot.. maybe he is going to try and play. I thought it was career ending.

Same here. I guess Heath may need some time before deciding to hang them up. Plus his year coaching up the special teams may have him wondering if he is really ready to coach full time?

Hyak

Reaction score
stang233":zdxye4mp said:

I could see him being a quality control assistant or perhaps also assisting with special teams if coaching is his desire.

Jville

Reaction score
From the 2004 Seahawik media guide ..... the last name of Kris Richard is pronounced .... Ri-SHARD

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
McGruff":3jtoxtuv said:
...And second, he had an uncanny football IQ. He diagnosed plays better than any MLB I've ever seen and knew what everyone else on the field was supposed to be doing.
Money post. I love this hire for this exact reason. And the connections both to Pete and the Hawks is just gravy. Norton will be missed (but deserves the opportunity he got, for dang sure) but this eases the sting of losing him just a bit.

Dude's got something in common with Norton's old man, anyway!

Tatupu-2005-Seahawks-vs.-Eagles.gif

sc85sis

Reaction score
Jville":33qn69u8 said:
My goodness, there are four coaches listed for the offensive line. Tom Cable and 3 assistants .... Pat Ruel, Chris Morgan and now Brennan Carroll.

I think Morgan went to the Falcons and Brennan takes his spot.

sc85sis

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":buyblwiq said:
McGruff":buyblwiq said:
...And second, he had an uncanny football IQ. He diagnosed plays better than any MLB I've ever seen and knew what everyone else on the field was supposed to be doing.
Money post. I love this hire for this exact reason. And the connections both to Pete and the Hawks is just gravy. Norton will be missed (but deserves the opportunity he got, for dang sure) but this eases the sting of losing him just a bit.

Dude's got something in common with Norton's old man, anyway!

Tatupu-2005-Seahawks-vs.-Eagles.gif
Yeah that was Lofa's tribute to Ken, Jr. who'd coached him at USC and used to do the same thing when he played (as a tribute to his dad). Pretty cool that Lofa carried on the tradition.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
kidhawk":b8u2uwvt said:
swagcity21":b8u2uwvt said:
Love these moves. And it shows that Pete and the FO are in tune with the history of our team. Bringing Lofa and Barrow In gives our LB's leadership and validity to the position as these guys have played the position. Lofa specifically has also played in the Super Bowl and brings that experience.

Good Hires all around. so who takes the DB coaching spot? Anyone want to throw a name out there that sounds realistic, maybe NW ties??? Trufant??

I don't see Lofa as being in tune with our history so much as a history with Pete. Pete coached him at SC so he's got his own history there. I think it's more about bringing in people who know his systems. It doesn't hurt that Lofa is an ex Seahawk, that's for sure.

Lofa, while not being the typical size for a MLB, was immediately successful as a rookie because he embraced Holmgren's system and that is what he will bring now. For me this is a great hiring. Bobby Wagner reminds me of Lofa but with the size needed to be a great MLB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jville":2413v62l said:
My goodness, there are four coaches listed for the offensive line. Tom Cable and 3 assistants .... Pat Ruel, Chris Morgan and now Brennan Carroll.

PFT reported after the Super Bowl that Chris Morgan was following Quinn to Atlanta, although I haven't seen anything else about that since. But there may be one less name on the list.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":b5xmaqvw said:
Jville":b5xmaqvw said:

PFT reported after the Super Bowl that Chris Morgan was following Quinn to Atlanta, although I haven't seen anything else about that since. But there may be one less name on the list.

Yes, Morgan did go to Atlanta.