Kris Richard Named Defensive Coordinator (Among 4 Others)

Rat

Reaction score
v1rotv2":zp6rryf7 said:
Bobby Wagner reminds me of Lofa but with the size needed to be a great MLB.
Wagner is the same height and three pounds heavier than Lofa's playing weight.

Tatupu was on pace to be an all-time great, but was another victim of injury.

253hawk

Reaction score
endzorn":238mpghd said:
Of our former linebackers I really thought Aaron Curry would make a better coach than Lofa.

What's The Boz up to these days?

olyfan63

Reaction score
McGruff":wudg8x1e said:
Anyone who didn't think Lofa would be a coach wasn't watching. He was never the most physically gifted player, but he was successful for two reasons, both of which translate directly to coaching.

First, he worked harder than anyone.

And second, he had an uncanny football IQ. He diagnosed plays better than any MLB I've ever seen and knew what everyone else on the field was supposed to be doing.

Pandion Haliaetus":wudg8x1e said:
Evil_Shenanigans":wudg8x1e said:
Guess I never really thought of Lofa as a coach. Looking forward to having Richard as the DC though!

75% of Lofa game was instinct, mental and cerebral plus being an over achiever.

He had coach written all over him... Im surprised it took this long.

THIS ^^ and THIS ^^

It's so awesome that Tatupu is coming back to Seattle as a LB coach. I always felt he, and the rookie year he had, a difference-maker as a defensive-signal-calling MLB, was THE key addition that allowed Seattle to get to SBXL. The 2003/2004/2005 Seatte offense could, and did, move the ball on ANYBODY, but the D sucked in 03 and 04. Tatupu helped turn the 2005 unit from *awful* into an "average" NFL defense, and Lights-out-Offense + Average Defense = Super Bowl.

What Tatupu did as a rookie, too small, too slow, etc., etc., but all he did was make plays and make everyone around him better--that was awesome stuff. It really sucked that his body couldn't hold up to the NFL beating (shoulder I believe). One smart, heady player, and I expect him to be an awesome coach as well, not to mention his SC ties with Pete, knowing how Pete thinks and what he wants.

Is this an awesome FO or what??!!

McGruff

Reaction score
I would love to hear some interviews/press conferences with our new DC and staff members.

Anyone know when they might make Richard, Tatupu or Barrow available to the press?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody else hope we see more blitzing? We have a secondary that isn't easy to burn by stranding them on receivers, seems like it should be easier for us to blitz with little fear of getting burned compared to most other defenses, yet we are about the least-blitzing defense in the league the past couple of years.