Lane Failed Physical, More Draft Picks for Duane Brown now!

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":1lsnbjrz said:
Seymour":1lsnbjrz said:
CalgaryHawk":1lsnbjrz said:
kidhawk":1lsnbjrz said:
It's highly unlikely he leaves us after next season. Schneider said he'd like to see him retire here. That sounds like 3 years minimum. It just takes time to work out the details of a contract like that.

They need to get at least 4 solid seasons out of him to make this trade worth the cost. Or one SuperBowl title.

It's super bowl or bust with this move. :2thumbs:
And I agree that would be worth it. I'm thinking they see 2 years min. 3-4 if their lucky.

And he is 32 BTW not 33. Adding a year to make the point is suspicious.

LOL SB or Bust yeah sorry don't agree here there are other outcomes that make this worthwhile

What other outcome would the team be shooting for and satisfied with?

Russell for MVP? :roll:

scrummymustard

Reaction score
I would be highly surprised if they cut Lane with his salary guarantee. Battle would make sense as a cut as he has no salary guarantee and has been inactive every game.

massari

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Lane's failed physical is a blessing and plays as well as he did for that half of a season a couple years ago! ;)

12thbrah

Reaction score
For those hating on the draft picks we gave up remember our Super Bowl window is open right now. I doubt there is a 2nd rounder or even a 3rd rounder in the next 2 years that could help our chances to win a title as much as Duane Brown can this season or next. Title or bust baby!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seymour":69sd7cim said:
XxXdragonXxX":69sd7cim said:
Seymour":69sd7cim said:
Sports Hernia":69sd7cim said:
He is like a bad penny. Wonder what the added pick(s) are?

From a 5th to a 3rd. 2nd in 2019 stays the same.

They will need to dig up more $$ to keep Lane as Houston would have paid the remainder of this season. I wonder where that $$ would come from?

We also get their 5th in 2018.

Duane Brown + 2018 5th

For

2019 2nd + 2018 3rd

Think about it, that was our 5th!
They only swapped the 5th for a 3rd. You are over thinking this.

Incorrect. Our 5th was changed in to a 3rd, and we got their 5th round pick in return.

So, we get Duane Brown and Houston's 5th round pick.

Houston get's our 2018 3rd round pick, and our 2019 2nd round pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jeremy Lane Fails Texans Physical
October 31st, 2017 at 6:02pm CST by Dallas Robinson

Cornerback Jeremy Lane — who was one piece of the Texans’ return for offensive tackle Duane Brown — has failed his physical with Houston, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link). As such, the 2018 fifth-round pick that was originally sent from the Seahawks to the Texans will become a 2018 third-rounder, while Seattle will also acquire a 2018 fifth-round pick, per McClain.

In sum, the trade now breaks down as follows:

Seahawks acquire:

T Duane Brown
2018 fifth-round pick

Texans acquire:

2018 third-round pick
2019 second-round pick

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/ ... de-altered

LolaRox

Reaction score
Seymour":1nz2b6uq said:
XxXdragonXxX":1nz2b6uq said:
Seymour":1nz2b6uq said:
Sports Hernia":1nz2b6uq said:
He is like a bad penny. Wonder what the added pick(s) are?

They will need to dig up more $$ to keep Lane as Houston would have paid the remainder of this season. I wonder where that $$ would come from?

Duane Brown + 2018 5th

For

2019 2nd + 2018 3rd

Are you sure? Everywhere I've seen says HOU is giving the Hawks their 2018 5th pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925498199099486209[/tweet]

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Ugh that’s a lot to give up, however like someone else said or super bowl window is NOW, we need the fix that’s OL now. It is what it is, JS will work some magic and get some picks back . As far as Jermey lane is concerned he can have a seat and watch the team work.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I did a comparison of years and games between Duane and Walter. No need to say "Duane's no Walter Jones!" This is just food for thought.

Walter Jones played for 12 years and 180 games. Duane Brown has played for 9 years and 133 games. So if Duane has a similar career, we might get 3 years out of him.

If that happens, I would say that this trade was an absolute steal.

And the best part? No more picking high round Tackles that suck. It's my belief that George Fant, who is an elite physical specimen, can be a franchise left tackle should he be given 2 or 3 years to learn the position.

Seymour

Reaction score
LolaRox":2blwygt6 said:
Seymour":2blwygt6 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2blwygt6 said:
Seymour":2blwygt6 said:

Duane Brown + 2018 5th

For

2019 2nd + 2018 3rd

Are you sure? Everywhere I've seen says HOU is giving the Hawks their 2018 5th pick.

Actually now no I'm not. I heard this as that was our 5th from the original deal. But it could be just a 5th they threw in with no reference to the original trade. That would be even better for us if true so I hope that is the case.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seymour":ivfj31ou said:
LolaRox":ivfj31ou said:
Seymour":ivfj31ou said:
XxXdragonXxX":ivfj31ou said:

Duane Brown + 2018 5th

For

2019 2nd + 2018 3rd

Actually now no I'm not. I heard this as that was our 5th from the original deal. But it could be just a 5th they threw in with no reference to the original trade. That would be even better for us if true so I hope that is the case.

Yeah that original trade never happened so theres no giving back our 5th. The terms were ammended to change the 5th to a 3rd and add their 5th to the deal.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Since Lane has become the new Kearse or Lockett, this is kind of funny in that people thought he was out but he's still here. Even though it kind of sucks.

Seymour

Reaction score
bmorepunk":387ycgd5 said:
Since Lane has become the new Kearse or Lockett, this is kind of funny in that people thought he was out but he's still here. Even though it kind of sucks.

What does Lockett have to do with this?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I can't see them keeping him active, we seen how this works, plus he has become less then stellar compared to what we have, he may just ride inactive the rest of the season or get IR'd, with Shead coming back as well we have no real place for him. The chemistry experiment has been completed and we have great complimentary guys now. We have ate salary before TJ, Harvin to name a couple.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Somebody check the doctors bank accounts. Houston didn't want Lane, they wanted picks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The old bait and switch. I’m still glad Russ got his body guard though.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks gave up a lot to get some relief on the O line, and the results of the trade can only be told by how long DB plays at a high level. The only bitch I have about the deal is why couldn't it have been done earlier? Lane failing the physical sucks, but he is a nice insurance policy for DB injuries in the reaming games. Funny how the script flipped on Lane because of an injuries and a cheaper salary / play of the rookie. Lane is solid and has proved himself on this team and I hope he gets right and is a productive member of the LOB for the rest of the year. He has the skill set and potential to do so.

Stop trashing Lane, he will come around and produce for this team. The new starting LT is the unproven guy on the team, but he should be an immediate upgrade.

Latest posts