Left Tackle?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Keep Pocic as swingman and in competition for RT.
Keep Luke at LG.
Keep Odhiambo at LT.

Ride it out.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Rees at LT and Ifedi at RT, means Running back and Rees at LT and Ifedi and Graham at RT. We have yo solidify one of the 2 spots.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Who ever starts next game will likely be the week one starter . I think there leaning towards Joeckel . I'm skeptical Joeckel will be good there however I guess we'll just have to see how things evolve.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":11pmvlbg said:
What's your plan going forward? If it's me I'm giving Branden Alberts a call this morning or at least the veteran free agent they covet the most. After that I'm sliding Joeckel out there and having Glow move back to left guard. After last nights performance Rees is my 3rd and final option.

Odhiambo looked fine until they took out the first unit then the entire line looked bad so I have to disagree with that. I'd like to see more of Rees playing wit the first unit. Joeckel is not a good solution at LT either, however if that's what they roll with i'll support it until there's evidence it's not working.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think they try Odhiambo at LG. He looked a bit over matched at LT when he went in, but I attribute that to him not getting the reps there and preparing more at LG.

Personally, I think they slide Joekel outside and move Odhiambo into LG. I know Joekel isn't a world beater, but we honestly just need league average there and we're going to be golden. Joekel has the experience we need there.

I like our versatility. Hunt looked ok at Center which means we can slide Pocic around a bit. Ifedi is a work in progress at pass pro on the outside, but he looked damn good in run blocking from the RT position. He had several perfect seal blocks on the outside on stretch runs, which is hard to do for big men.

Davidess

Reaction score
If were going to seriously consider Odhiambo at LT I really hope we just give him all the reps. He got worked on numerous occasions against the Vikings backups in pass protection.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would be all for Albert, but we all know that ultimately they are not gonna do that. They are gonna go with Rees and hopefully it pays off.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Even if we don't bring in someone like Albert to band-aid LT we still need depth on the left side. We really need to sign someone. John said last year they made a mistake by releasing Jahri Evans and relying on too much youth. I hope they really did learn that lesson and look for a veteran to at least backup on the left side...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Joeckel probably gets at least a look at LT, but Pete and John said they hired him more for his work at LG, so I don't know.

Pocic makes the most sense at LT. His performance there vs LSU was underrated.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AgentDib":2lvuipm2 said:
Part of the issue is we don't know how much Joeckel's recent improvement stems from shifting inside to guard and how much is simply that he's 25 now with some experience under his belt. I suspect they are going to slide him out and we'll see firsthand, while Aboushi gets RG and Roos gets LG.

Slightly off-topic/...it's good to see you posting again, Dib.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/899364082805067777[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/899364476478038016[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Tyrus Thompson

Weaknesses Reacher-and-grabber in run game. Doesn't consistently bring feet with him to bury defenders. Not a finisher. Plays with poor technique. Inconsistent anchor and plays with poor leverage. His effort level is at bare minimum when asked to block away from the play. Finesse player. Has thin legs. Lacks the nasty his teammate Daryl Williams has. Considered lazy and maddening to scouts, who question how much he loves the game.

Strengths Has NFL talent and athleticism. Is able to climb up to the second level and engage assignments. Effective wall-off blocker. Can change direction in pass protection and is able to adjust in space to get to moving targets. Light on his feet for a big guy. Has the feet and length to be a starting left tackle in the league. Has athleticism to recover when beaten in pass protection. Can move laterally and make tough blocks when needed.

So a player that has a questionable work eithic and desire but the tools.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
chris98251":bpk9vw7s said:
Tyrus Thompson

Sounds like the latest Seahawks acquisition strategy.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2v9mn8ou said:
chris98251":2v9mn8ou said:
Tyrus Thompson

Sounds like the latest Seahawks acquisition strategy.

Can't wait to hear that first conversation with Cable when he dogs it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
THis could work out okay with PC the supermotivator player's coach playing bad cop/good cop with Cable the ass-ripper. Somebody else said he's a depth signing--maybe he can keep the shuffle to a minimum, being already a tackle.

RW92

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1a0jmwcm said:
Joeckel probably gets at least a look at LT, but Pete and John said they hired him more for his work at LG, so I don't know.

Pocic makes the most sense at LT. His performance there vs LSU was underrated.

I have to agree with you. Give Pocic a chance to play LT and possibly Joeckel at LG. We need the left side to be strong. Must protect Russell's blind side. We'll all know soon as the pre-season progresses and we march on to opening day.

But I do have to stress that Odhiambo is not the answer. He is a back up not a starter and shouldn't play the LT position. Not strong enough in the upper body and doesn't position his feet well to gain leverage. And when he gets beat he has poor recovering speed and technique.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Odiahmbo (spd?). He played Left Tackle at Boise and knows the position.

Joekel is coming off a knee injury, and there's a reason the Jags moved him to guard. I'm sure be can be a decent LT if necessary,but IIRC, Boertels got hurt playing with Luke at LT.

The only downside I've read about Rees is his "shortish" arms 33..25" and injuries.
"

So where would that leave Joeckel, if in his worst case scenario Beachum is signed and beats him out? He's still on the team, but he's likely not starting.

. Many have floated the idea and/or asked about Joeckel kicking inside to guard. The common theory, which also pushes people to erroneously say drafting offensive lineman high is safe, is because if you can play left tackle you can kick inside to play guard. That's usually the case, but as it is with Joeckel, it's not always the case.

. Joeckel is a fine run blocker, but he struggles with power rushing moves and when he gets beat with one early, it's in his head.

He'll spend the rest of the game trying to over-correct the power that beat him and start whiffing on speed moves. He's a finesse player, which is fine, but it's also what's likely going to prevent him from playing in a phone booth. It would exacerbate all his short comings.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/3/14 ... ke-joeckel

StoneCold

Reaction score
Was re-watching the Minn game and focused on Odiahmbo after Fant went down.. He looked decent when Joeckel and Britt were in, but when more of the 2's a rookies came in he had more trouble. Anyone else notice this? Or am I suffering from wishful thinking?

chris98251

Reaction score
StoneCold":1pvtqux2 said:
Was re-watching the Minn game and focused on Odiahmbo after Fant went down.. He looked decent when Joeckel and Britt were in, but when more of the 2's a rookies came in he had more trouble. Anyone else notice this? Or am I suffering from wishful thinking?

Well line calls and hand offs may not be called the same or missed with the 2nd tier guys in, they do have to work as a unit and a missed call and or assignment or missing what look a defense gives you and making the wrong call can make them all look like shit.

Latest posts