Left Tackle?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2lgdjp4a said:
Odhiambo will win the job. He's looked sound at LT every time he's played there. He's struggled a with the other positions but I think he will turn out fine.

Odhiambo was AWFUL in the second half against Minnesota at LT. He didn't look anywhere close to sound. Please let them come up with another option.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1vlnjl47 said:
chris98251":1vlnjl47 said:
Tyrus Thompson

So a player that has a questionable work eithic and desire but the tools.

Sounds like the latest Seahawks acquisition strategy.

What kind of player do you expect to get off the scrap heap halfway through training camp?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/899734505581273088[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/899734576947314688[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/899734737782099968[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/899737794959953920[/tweet]
What Condotta should have typed is that Glowinski will stay at RG.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":2kgy2s9k said:

I think twitter limitation led to the word "opposing" before team got cut out.........

Seymour

Reaction score

Gegen den wind pinkeln 1841455

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ly46gvf said:
The Ifedi comments are baffling.

What else is Pete suppose to say?

He has to show confidence in Ifedi at this point in the pre-season, even if he hasn't played very well so far at RT.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":7n4ombz3 said:
Was re-watching the Minn game and focused on Odiahmbo after Fant went down.. He looked decent when Joeckel and Britt were in, but when more of the 2's a rookies came in he had more trouble. Anyone else notice this? Or am I suffering from wishful thinking?

I noticed the same thing. Odhiambo looked fine until we got to the second half when all of the other backups went in. And yeah, he looked bad in the second half but so did Pocic, among others. He also looked okay in spot duty at LT last year. I'd give him all of the practice time at first team LT this week and see how things look on Friday.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1r69r713 said:
StoneCold":1r69r713 said:
Was re-watching the Minn game and focused on Odiahmbo after Fant went down.. He looked decent when Joeckel and Britt were in, but when more of the 2's a rookies came in he had more trouble. Anyone else notice this? Or am I suffering from wishful thinking?

I noticed the same thing. Odhiambo looked fine until we got to the second half when all of the other backups went in. And yeah, he looked bad in the second half but so did Pocic, among others. He also looked okay in spot duty at LT last year. I'd give him all of the practice time at first team LT this week and see how things look on Friday.

Now hearing similar analysis on the radio. Obviously they read .Net. :)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":qsucz3ds said:
Shadowhawk":qsucz3ds said:
StoneCold":qsucz3ds said:

Undoubtedly had more to do with Wilson leaving the game and Boykin entering than it did other OL.

QB quality improves OL play.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":36l5qv3x said:
StoneCold":36l5qv3x said:
Shadowhawk":36l5qv3x said:
StoneCold":36l5qv3x said:

Undoubtedly had more to do with Wilson leaving the game and Boykin entering than it did other OL.

Good point, though if he can still be adequate with the starters we should be ok.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Sheil Kapadia
ESPN Writer

Tom Cable made it sound like it'll be Rees Odhiambo or Matt Tobin starting at left tackle for the Seahawks. He said rookie Ethan Pocic is not an option. Cable raved about Luke Joeckel at guard and stressed that they do not want to move him over to tackle. At this point, it sounds like that would be only an emergency option.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/sea/

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2dqgv3xh said:
StoneCold":2dqgv3xh said:
Shadowhawk":2dqgv3xh said:
StoneCold":2dqgv3xh said:

PC mentioned specifically that Odh played better with Joeckel in there, because of him. That's why they popped for the veteran. That's good news obviously, as they should be the starters.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1gsrf6sw said:
Attyla the Hawk":1gsrf6sw said:
StoneCold":1gsrf6sw said:
Shadowhawk":1gsrf6sw said:

PC mentioned specifically that Odh played better with Joeckel in there, because of him. That's why they popped for the veteran. That's good news obviously, as they should be the starters.
Could it be that some of the improvement we saw in Fant before his injury had a lot more to do with Joeckel solidifying LG than we knew? In that case maybe Odhiambo can be just as good as Fant was looking with Joeckel playing beside him?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Re Joekel at guard and not wanting to move him, I read last year that unlike what normally happens with QBs where you want to protect against the outside pass rush more, the inside rush gives Wilson more problems. If Joekel is looking good at guard maybe we want to solidify that?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
DJrmb":3azszvd7 said:
Lords of Scythia":3azszvd7 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3azszvd7 said:
StoneCold":3azszvd7 said:

Could it be that some of the improvement we saw in Fant before his injury had a lot more to do with Joeckel solidifying LG than we knew? In that case maybe Odhiambo can be just as good as Fant was looking with Joeckel playing beside him?
Oh hell yes, absolutely! He can be better! Joeckel and our second-round (sorry, I just can't remember dude's name) OL pick are looking like great pick-ups right now.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1ur8ebl8 said:
DJrmb":1ur8ebl8 said:
Lords of Scythia":1ur8ebl8 said:
Attyla the Hawk":1ur8ebl8 said:

Oh hell yes, absolutely! He can be better! Joeckel and our second-round (sorry, I just can't remember dude's name) ol pick are looking like great pick-ups right now.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pocic?

RW92

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1pqeph74 said:
UK_Seahawk":1pqeph74 said:
Odhiambo will win the job. He's looked sound at LT every time he's played there. He's struggled a with the other positions but I think he will turn out fine.

Odhiambo was AWFUL in the second half against Minnesota at LT. He didn't look anywhere close to sound. Please let them come up with another option.

You speak the truth my friend. I saw the same thing. Odhiambo just isn't that good. Can't pass block at all. Not strong enough. Slow of foot. Gets beat all day long. Not the person you want holding up Russell's blind side. I predict he will be substituted for early in the game against the Chiefs, because Pete doesn't want to get Russell hurt in the last pre-season start. I say go with Pocic or Tobin; Odhiambo isn't the answer as everyone will see on Friday. If I'm wrong I'll stand and take my medicine, but I think the proof is in the pudding. Watch and see.

cymatica

Reaction score
Cable should take a page out of George Castanza's playbook and do the opposite of what his gut says