Lets talk Atlanta...

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
sdog1981":1breyp3b said:
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

Here we go again.

2008 rookie season 30-24 loss on road.
2010 48-21 loss to GB who never punted.
2011 24-2 loss to NYG 0 picks. Same D that beat Pats.
2012 28-24 loss to SF. D blew 17-0 lead. 400 yards pass with 3 TD and 1 pick.

But yeah.... he finds a way to lose. Mike Smith was an idiot for letting him play defense those games.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Sealake80":243uikd7 said:
Atlanta will suck it just like Detroit. This Defense will show up to play.

I have a fun feeling for next week. RW gonna go off.

If you could not compare our easily #1 offense to the Lions borderline bottom 10 offense (which they are, by most metrics - #21 in yards, #20 in points, and that's with TRYING to come back and passing constantly), that'd be great.

Much more comparable is the game you had earlier this year against the Packers. Being realistic.

And you can talk about how the 24-26 game we had earlier this year was only close because of blown coverages, but by the same token, the Saints game y'all are trying to use against us was only close because of two quarters of prevent D. Literally two quarters. Even then, we were up 38-13 going into the 4th. Big whoop.

If you play this way, in our house, it really isn't going to be close. I think it'll be a much better showing for the Seahawks though, just because both teams are going to be gunning full throttle. Our guys are pissed because of earlier this year, and your guys are pissed (at least some) because of the 2012 playoff loss.

But like...seeing this atrocious Detroit offense where Stafford missed wide open throws and receivers constantly dropped balls and saying it'll be similar for Atlanta when Earl Thomas near singlehandedly won the last game for you, with Julio tipping a pass into an INT, and the infamous PI...and that was in YOUR house...can you really blame us for being confident?

Here's to no big time injuries for either team.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Aircrew":8fkwyq3a said:
I really hate to be a debbie-downer, but we're going to get smoked by 20+. I hope I'm wrong, but we have too many weaknesses to go into ATL and honestly expect to win.

You're buying into the false hype. They are 2-2 against playoff teams this year, and could only beat green bay, who was playing without Montgomery and cobb, by 1 via a very, very late 2 minute drill TD.

They're the gold medalists of beating up the weak, but they are not nearly as good as other #2 seeds of the past. In fact of the remaining nfc teams entirely, this is the easiest path imo. The team we are certainly not ready for is the cowboys, followed by the packers. I say the cowboys because they are too good at ball control, and if we can't keep this offense rolling it would be a veritable nightmare of TOP. i say packers because they have a stout run defense imo. If we fall behind at all it would turn into a Wilson vs Rodgers shoot out, which I'd rather not entertain.

I just don't understand the narrative of us suddenly being the massive underdog. And Vegas agrees... The opening line is only giving us 3.5.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":37n9zdlf said:
sdog1981":37n9zdlf said:

Here we go again.

But yeah.... he finds a way to lose. Mike Smith was an idiot for letting him play defense those games.
Hmmmmm, only thing I see is,,,, you lost. You can asterisk all you want. You lost. Your team has one of the worst histories in the NFL. They overall suck. Suck!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Aircrew":2z8afjrx said:
I really hate to be a debbie-downer, but we're going to get smoked by 20+. I hope I'm wrong, but we have too many weaknesses to go into ATL and honestly expect to win.

Go Falcons!

Smellyman

Reaction score
Matt Ryan will throw for 800 yards. Julio will probably get about 760 of that.

They are unstoppable Seattle will be lucky to be within 7 scores. Quite possibly the best team of all time.

cesame

Reaction score
Btw the no call on the PI was clearly a better call then actually calling it

Julio shoved Sherman in the face at the start of the play to gain separation. If the refs aren't going to call that then there's no reason them to call the other one.

Atlanta can cry all they want about the call but they're lucky a penalty wasn't called on Julio.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Falcons team/org is straight poop. Good at filling stat sheet, bad at winning. Consistently a non factor in the playoffs. Fact.

cesame

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":35nunocr said:
Sealake80":35nunocr said:
Atlanta will suck it just like Detroit. This Defense will show up to play.

I have a fun feeling for next week. RW gonna go off.

If you could not compare our easily #1 offense to the Lions borderline bottom 10 offense (which they are, by most metrics - #21 in yards, #20 in points, and that's with TRYING to come back and passing constantly), that'd be great.

Much more comparable is the game you had earlier this year against the Packers. Being realistic.

And you can talk about how the 24-26 game we had earlier this year was only close because of blown coverages, but by the same token, the Saints game y'all are trying to use against us was only close because of two quarters of prevent D. Literally two quarters. Even then, we were up 38-13 going into the 4th. Big whoop.

If you play this way, in our house, it really isn't going to be close. I think it'll be a much better showing for the Seahawks though, just because both teams are going to be gunning full throttle. Our guys are pissed because of earlier this year, and your guys are pissed (at least some) because of the 2012 playoff loss.

But like...seeing this atrocious Detroit offense where Stafford missed wide open throws and receivers constantly dropped balls and saying it'll be similar for Atlanta when Earl Thomas near singlehandedly won the last game for you, with Julio tipping a pass into an INT, and the infamous PI...and that was in YOUR house...can you really blame us for being confident?

Here's to no big time injuries for either team.

Sure

The Falcons have 3 losses at home this season, and Seattle has already beat Atlanta this season with a hobbled Wilson and no Thomas Rawls.

Be confident all you want, but Seattle fans have many reasons to be confident as well, 1 big reason Atlanta's defense is terrible.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3h6u41nc said:
FalconsFanNW":3h6u41nc said:
sdog1981":3h6u41nc said:

Here we go again.

Hmmmmm, only thing I see is,,,, you lost. You can asterisk all you want. You lost. Your team has one of the worst histories in the NFL. They overall suck. Suck!

I never said we didn't lose. My point was Ryan doesn't play defense.

Rest assured though he will hand it off to Freeman on the 1 in the Super Bowl... and don't talk to me about history. Outside of this 5 year run Seattle has done exactly what Atlanta has done. A Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

Keep milking 2013 though. Jets fans still milk 1969 I think.

cesame

Reaction score
Matt Ryan with 9 TD and 7 INT in his playoff career.

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2m2r94tp said:
seahawkfreak":2m2r94tp said:
FalconsFanNW":2m2r94tp said:
sdog1981":2m2r94tp said:

Here we go again.

Rest assured though he will hand it off to Freeman on the 1 in the Super Bowl... and don't talk to me about history. Outside of this 5 year run Seattle has done exactly what Atlanta has done. A Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aircrew":1f0e6tce said:

Really? I just love these posts that claim to be "realistic". I wish just one of you guys would friggin enlighten me on how predicting the future is "realistic". Saying you think we might lose by 20 because of xy and z is different than these crap absolute statements. You have absolutely no idea what hell is going to happen next week.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2kw4pb8q said:
seahawkfreak":2kw4pb8q said:
FalconsFanNW":2kw4pb8q said:
sdog1981":2kw4pb8q said:

Here we go again.

And yet we still have those 5 years, don't we?

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
chris98251":3dwx4wy0 said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Foghawk

Reaction score
cesame":3m7d7xs4 said:
Seattle has beaten the 49ers like 8x in a row now. No one cares about beating the 49ers.

Greatest post in this thread right here.

:lol:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1u910zrx said:
seahawkfreak":1u910zrx said:
FalconsFanNW":1u910zrx said:
sdog1981":1u910zrx said:

Here we go again.

If you are going to keep getting offended by the Matty Ryan talk like you have all week, it might just be best to stay off the boards for a bit.

As a side note, Seattle has overall been the best team in the NFC over the last 5 years. A little better than milking 2013.

You can continue to be cocky, or you can understand you have a tall order ahead of you if you are to win this weekend. Seattle has earned their swagger. Atlanta has a lot to prove.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":4hmt6zcs said:
chris98251":4hmt6zcs said:

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Yeahhh. Went to the SB in 2005 as well genius

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
Lots of homerism on both sides of the fence on this thread. As usual the truth lies in between the 2 extremes and I expect the game to go much like the matchup from earlier this year. A hard fought game decided by 3pts or less good luck to the hawks I hope my dirty birds pull off the win though.

fuego

Reaction score
Guys, Matt does have 4 playoff losses. But he does have one WIN. Now who was that against....I wonder?

You can't use the losing argument in the playoffs without talking about who we did beat the one time we won.