Lets talk Atlanta...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":v8j66ztb said:
seahawkfreak":v8j66ztb said:
Falcan Moore":v8j66ztb said:
chris98251":v8j66ztb said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Yeahhh. Went to the SB in 2005 as well genius

I was talking about you saying 2015 there. I'm well aware of that 2005 SuperBowl that, honestly, you should have won. And I was rooting for the Seahawks to take it there, because screw the Steelers, frankly.

Everyone is so easily offended here. Eesh. Was expecting something more along the lines of a few years ago, but I guess people are caught up in...I dunno. Are people just afraid? Hardly any actual football talk.

Falcons are allowing 17.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, ie since the bye week, against the #2, #6, #13, #15, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #15 to #16 offense, so a just barely above average range of offenses, and good for showing their marked improvement.

Seahawks are allowing 19.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, against the #4, #6, #15, #18, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #17 offense, so just barely below average range of offenses.

Hmm. Curious, that. Especially since every single game you played was against a common opponent of ours...and the Falcons went 6-0 in those games, and the Seahawks went 3-3.

Even more interesting is that the Falcons averaged 36.67 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 28 and 33, against the Chiefs and Panthers defenses.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks averaged 22.5 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 5 and 10, against the Packers and Buccaneers defenses.

Odd that we would be confident outscoring our opponents 36.67 to 17.83 the last 6 games, while you outscored yours 22.5 to 19.83. Utterly baffling.

Fans that have experience watching playoff football realize that literally nothing you just posted is relevant. The playoffs are a whole new season and a whole different animal.

Be confident all you want. Wouldnt expect any less.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1l2653lc said:
Optimus25":1l2653lc said:
fuego":1l2653lc said:
Guys, Matt does have 4 playoff losses. But he does have one WIN. Now who was that against....I wonder?

You can't use the losing argument in the playoffs without talking about who we did beat the one time we won.

Isn't this the same logic falcons fans here are throwing out the window when they talk incessantly about how they've beat up all these non playoff teams, and then never mention the head to head???

I don't deny we lost in Seattle. But ya'll keep going on claiming you are gonna beat us in Atlanta... just like ya'll were saying in 2012.

I'd put a lot more stock into that prediction if the win had been in Atlanta...

Who? Who on this thread has said this? Don't come on here and talk garbage then present some strawman like you are the rational one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":19qjk2t1 said:
fuego":19qjk2t1 said:
Guys, Matt does have 4 playoff losses. But he does have one WIN. Now who was that against....I wonder?

You can't use the losing argument in the playoffs without talking about who we did beat the one time we won.

You mean the same game in which a Falcons team eeked out a win on a last second FG after having been staked to a 20 point lead ... in the friendly confines of the Georgia Dome ... only to watch a then ROOKIE Russell Wilson shred that Falcons defense in the 2nd half and nearly engineer one of the greatest comebacks in NFL Playoff history? You mean that game?

You mean the one where a Coach outsmarted himself and called that time out that nullified the good field goal that beat them.

cesame

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":xgvo2e5w said:
seahawkfreak":xgvo2e5w said:
Falcan Moore":xgvo2e5w said:
chris98251":xgvo2e5w said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

I was talking about you saying 2015 there. I'm well aware of that 2005 SuperBowl that, honestly, you should have won. And I was rooting for the Seahawks to take it there, because screw the Steelers, frankly.

Everyone is so easily offended here. Eesh. Was expecting something more along the lines of a few years ago, but I guess people are caught up in...I dunno. Are people just afraid? Hardly any actual football talk.

Falcons are allowing 17.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, ie since the bye week, against the #2, #6, #13, #15, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #15 to #16 offense, so a just barely above average range of offenses, and good for showing their marked improvement.

Seahawks are allowing 19.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, against the #4, #6, #15, #18, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #17 offense, so just barely below average range of offenses.

Hmm. Curious, that. Especially since every single game you played was against a common opponent of ours...and the Falcons went 6-0 in those games, and the Seahawks went 3-3.

Even more interesting is that the Falcons averaged 36.67 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 28 and 33, against the Chiefs and Panthers defenses.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks averaged 22.5 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 5 and 10, against the Packers and Buccaneers defenses.

Odd that we would be confident outscoring our opponents 36.67 to 17.83 the last 6 games, while you outscored yours 22.5 to 19.83. Utterly baffling.

Seahawks outscored the Falcons

Oh, forgot head-to-head means nothing

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":35vb704v said:
seahawkfreak":35vb704v said:
Falcan Moore":35vb704v said:
chris98251":35vb704v said:

We still have rational discussions on here. Just don't come here and talk s***.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":v5kiz30n said:
seahawkfreak":v5kiz30n said:
FalconsFanNW":v5kiz30n said:
cesame":v5kiz30n said:
Matt Ryan with 9 TD and 7 INT in his playoff career.

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

One of them was on 1 yard line.

You really didn't go there did you? Pot meet kettle.

Tell me again what Atlanta has accomplished in the NFL?

1 less Super Bowl than the Jets, Chiefs, Bucs, Saints...and Seahawks?

Keep milkin' it bro...

So none, got it

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3kd1qc5z said:
Fans that have experience watching playoff football realize that literally nothing you just posted is relevant. The playoffs are a whole new season and a whole different animal.

They are a whole different beast, but if the only argument I'm going to find here is that you all have a SuperBowl, playoffs are different, Matt Ryan sux etc, I think I'll head out. No point posting your "good riddance" messages, I understand that none of you care to hear football talk pertinent to this season. Good luck in our playoff game Saturday.

cesame

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":3knkb3yn said:
Hawkpower":3knkb3yn said:

They are a whole different beast, but if the only argument I'm going to find here is that you all have a SuperBowl, playoffs are different, Matt Ryan sux etc, I think I'll head out. No point posting your "good riddance" messages, I understand that none of you care to hear football talk pertinent to this season. Good luck in our playoff game Saturday.

"I understand that none of you care to hear football talk pertinent to this season"

Yet you continue to dismiss the head-to-head matchup this season

Maybe you should go

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Lol. These falcons guys are funny. The only reason they are here is because they are scared shitless and trying to convince themselves.

Didn't we already beat these guys?

Let's all talk about something realistic like whether you think we play dallas, the pack or the giants after we break these guys lil hearts.

Maybe next year falcons.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1lgo46mg said:
If you are going to keep getting offended by the Matty Ryan talk like you have all week, it might just be best to stay off the boards for a bit.

As a side note, Seattle has overall been the best team in the NFC over the last 5 years. A little better than milking 2013.

You can continue to be cocky, or you can understand you have a tall order ahead of you if you are to win this weekend. Seattle has earned their swagger. Atlanta has a lot to prove.

I'm not offended... I've just defended my QB from all the hate.

He's MVP this year. Seattle may very well have been the best team in the NFC the last 5 years. I actually agree with you on that.

This is 2016 though and they aren't at the top this season. They have been wildly inconsistent all year. Your own fans admit that.

The road to the Super Bowl goes thru Atlanta next weekend.

Come beat us. If you do I'll congratulate you on these forums.

Make sense?

chris98251

Reaction score
You can throw out statistics and they have a certain level of merit, but they don't take into account who was injured and who was playing. It's about the match ups, I think player to player we match up better against the Falcons, the one huge advantage that the Falcons have is the knowledge of our schemes and calls due to your Coach since he was so recently a Member of our Seahawks. That and being at home helps a lot in the playoffs, players get better rest.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":1shrs7nl said:
Hawkpower":1shrs7nl said:

Oh GTFO then. You have not added one cent wisdom to this thread except how good your team is. We are not going to bow to your supposed excellence or put up with any nonsense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":nleksm3r said:
Hawkpower":nleksm3r said:
If you are going to keep getting offended by the Matty Ryan talk like you have all week, it might just be best to stay off the boards for a bit.

As a side note, Seattle has overall been the best team in the NFC over the last 5 years. A little better than milking 2013.

You can continue to be cocky, or you can understand you have a tall order ahead of you if you are to win this weekend. Seattle has earned their swagger. Atlanta has a lot to prove.

He's MVP this year. Seattle may very well have been the best team in the NFC the last 5 years. I actually agree with you on that.

This is 2016 though and they aren't at the top this season. They have been wildly inconsistent all year. Your own fans admit that.

Make sense?

Seattle is the best team in the NFL when they play their A game. Ask New England.

Every team in the NFL has ups and downs. Atlanta lost 5 times this year just like Seattle did.

We plan on beating you. Of the remaining teams, Atlanta is the team I would want to play.

Defense wins in the playoffs. Yours isnt very good.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":4ii8ttx3 said:
Hawkpower":4ii8ttx3 said:

Your idea of football talk is centered around your team's dominance of non playoff teams and our teams non dominance in those same contests, which if I've learned anything from watching nfl football is an exercise in futility. Especially considering your loss in the head to head, and our rosters far superior playoff experience.

Talk match ups, talk coaching, talk anything but the same stuff all you falcons guys are here telling us of your exotic victorious battles against the rams and niners, and then maybe you'll get the vaunted '' football talk'' you so desperately desire.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
johnnyfever":36oe0amm said:
Lol. These falcons guys are funny. The only reason they are here is because they are scared shitless and trying to convince themselves.

Let's all talk about something realistic like whether you think we play dallas, the pack or the giants after we break these guys lil hearts.

Maybe next year falcons.

I've been here all week.

Our easiest road to Super Bowl is Seattle and the Dallas/NYG GB winner.

Much better than a NYG/GB winner then Dallas.

Nothing to be scared of... especially without Earl Thomas playing QB for your defense.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
And we see our easiest road through you, so it worked out for both of us then.

Good luck saturday.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3k3h4wt5 said:
Hawkpower":3k3h4wt5 said:

Make sense?

Again with bullcrap. Like all you did was just stroll in here to defend Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is excellent,,,ok? He is an absolute beast of a QB. Most teams in the NFL would kill to have him. It is the truth.

Great moving on. And don't you dare come on here and congratulate us for kicking your ass. I will personally call you a p****.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":j1bgw3ph said:
johnnyfever":j1bgw3ph said:

Maybe next year falcons.

I've been here all week.

Our easiest road to Super Bowl is Seattle and the Dallas/NYG GB winner.

Much better than a NYG/GB winner then Dallas.

Nothing to be scared of... especially without Earl Thomas playing QB for your defense.

You keep holding on the Earl nugget as your bastion of hope, conveniently ignoring the fact that we were without 3 other starters when you had your troubles in Seattle months ago.

By the way, have you watched any playoff football over the last few years? How many teams with great offenses and crap defenses have been successful??

Your arrogance is misguided and a bit foolish.

fuego

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ooqact9 said:
FalconsFanNW":3ooqact9 said:
Hawkpower":3ooqact9 said:

Make sense?

Seattle is the best team in the NFL when they play their A game. Ask New England.

Every team in the NFL has ups and downs. Atlanta lost 5 times this year just like Seattle did.

We plan on beating you. Of the remaining teams, Atlanta is the team I would want to play.

Defense wins in the playoffs. Yours isnt very good.

As Falcan Moore said:

Our D and O both have been playing better than yours at the end of the season when it counts.

Not to mention it's been a long time since you played your A game which you're not capable of with your best defensive player out.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2inufcqc said:
Again with bullcrap. Like all you did was just stroll in here to defend Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan is excellent,,,ok? He is an absolute beast of a QB. Most teams in the NFL would kill to have him. It is the truth.

Great moving on. And don't you dare come on here and congratulate us for kicking your ass. I will personally call you a p****.

Moving on is probably a good idea. I just don't care to stay involved in these epeen flexing pissing contests.

Rather just talk football.

Latest posts