Let's talk Nowak

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":1umecby7 said:
I ended up getting curious and watched his entire game. He got absolutely blown up 3-5 plays, but basically did just fine all the rest. The question is, how much of a game changer are those 3-5 plays? Almost all of them resulted in negative plays. Raji was highly motivated at times and just blew him up. Would he have done that to other centers as well on those plays?

I don't know many guys in this league that don't lose 3-5 matchups, out of what, 60 + snaps ? in a game.

If you have a player that literally dominates his opponent every single snap, he's likely to be the highest paid player in the league at that position.

A good example is Sherman. He got so dominant that you see opposing fans and even media saying he got "roasted" or "burned" when he gives up 2 or 3 receptions.

I trust your tape observations Tical. If Nowak got truly blown up 3-5 times, that's really pretty good for a first year guy going against a savvy veteran like Raji. Raji might be losing his physicality, but he's still capable of dominating most opponents for short stretches.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":13jumvad said:
He was completely outclassed in the GB game, and if the biggest reason the run game has been atrocious so far. I saw a few shots in the all 11 where a play was looking great but didn't get out of the back field cause Nowak got blown up.

Now i'm not hating on him or even really blaming him, he's a converted D player who has started 2 NFL games.

My real question is will it get better>? Those that are smarter then me, what exactly did he show in preseason that made the FO cut LJP a serviceable if not spectacular dude?

How long is the rope? If we struggle again Sunday cause he can't hold up do we look at Lewis? Do we look at signing LJP off the streets?

Cause it's all fine and dandy to get Kam back, he has no influence at all on our biggest weak link on the field and thats C.
I would actually argue that "Those That Are Smarter Than Me" is Tom Cable and the Seahawks Coaching Staff, and nowhere here on .NET.
I do understand your confusion, as I'm also perplexed with their shuffling strategies.
I am sure that Cable has a pretty good handle on who has the best chances of picking it up as the Season moves along...Crossing fingers :180670:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":27mftc75 said:
Tical21":27mftc75 said:
I ended up getting curious and watched his entire game. He got absolutely blown up 3-5 plays, but basically did just fine all the rest. The question is, how much of a game changer are those 3-5 plays? Almost all of them resulted in negative plays. Raji was highly motivated at times and just blew him up. Would he have done that to other centers as well on those plays?

I don't know many guys in this league that don't lose 3-5 matchups, out of what, 60 + snaps ? in a game.

If you have a player that literally dominates his opponent every single snap, he's likely to be the highest paid player in the league at that position.

A good example is Sherman. He got so dominant that you see opposing fans and even media saying he got "roasted" or "burned" when he gives up 2 or 3 receptions.

I trust your tape observations Tical. If Nowak got truly blown up 3-5 times, that's really pretty good for a first year guy going against a savvy veteran like Raji. Raji might be losing his physicality, but he's still capable of dominating most opponents for short stretches.

It wasn't even that many . . . one pressure, where he actually stayed with the defender and blocked him out of the pocket, and a couple bad blocks in the run game in the first half.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If a first year guy in his second game only gets humiliated on 3-5 plays by a veteran NT who has made a pro bowl appearance and was picked in the top 10 in his class -- then I'm pretty satisfied with that result.

This is an OL that will be better by year's end. Just have to weather the growing pains. I see this as a trend in the next couple years as well.