Lions got robbed

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kmyrpya said:
Go to the Shack if you all want to take runs at each other.

I know right... I respond to a post saying my team won a game on a bad call... when they clearly won the game on the correct call and it turns into this hatefest.

Kudos to the guy who took the time to dig up the post from 8 months ago too...

Seanhawk":3kmyrpya said:
Then he said this:

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. Screw this team. LOL. Later guys.

I posted that like 5 mins after the Super Bowl and I know what I said... when you experience a crushing defeat in the Super Bowl any fan would be upset.

You guys know what that feels like... and it doesn't matter if you blow a 25 pt lead or lose it on the 1 yard line... it still stings the same. I could dig up all the threads posted right after 49... but I don't care enough to bother.

Time heals all wounds though, and it's over and done with. Screw the haters is pretty much all I have to say to those who bring up 28-3.

Good luck this season... looking forward to MNF on 11/20... I'll be at CenturyLink. We should grab a beer.

:)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, not only did the Lions get Robbed, the 39ers did as well. Once again, the Refs have a huge impact on games. Should never happen.

253hawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":113yklwi said:
Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.

It happened in the Bucs/Rams games a few years ago, but in that situation Mike Evans got hurt and couldn't get off the field, and they had no timeouts left.

On one hand I kind of feel bad for the Lions, but on the other hand they were at the Falcons' 45 yard line with 1:48 left, and ATL even helped them out with 2 timeouts. 8 of their last 10 plays were passes for incompletions, including 5/6 in the red zone and 2 out of the last 3 from the 1 yard line. And they only got that far because of a boneheaded DPI on Trufant. If that offense was any more inept, they'd be Seattle.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
253hawk":1olarj67 said:
West TX Hawk":1olarj67 said:
Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.

It happened in the Bucs/Rams games a few years ago, but in that situation Mike Evans got hurt and couldn't get off the field, and they had no timeouts left.

On one hand I kind of feel bad for the Lions, but on the other hand they were at the Falcons' 45 yard line with 1:48 left, and ATL even helped them out with 2 timeouts. 8 of their last 10 plays were passes for incompletions, including 5/6 in the red zone and 2 out of the last 3 from the 1 yard line. And they only got that far because of a boneheaded DPI on Trufant. If that offense was any more inept, they'd be Seattle.

That's a bit different though - while serious injuries can happen under two minutes, guys are aware beforehand that them staying down can cost their team the game. And if that rule wasn't in place, guys could fake being injured to stop the game.

The Rams also won a game against the Cardinals years ago on a false start that turned into a run off - penalties are also made by the players though.

This - I mean....I take pride in knowing almost every rule for the NFL....I wasn't even aware of a 10 second run off because of a review. It makes absolutely zero sense to penalize Detroit for that.

I would make more sense to make the Lions players stand some distance away from the LOS (10 yards or so) and not let them pass until the time starts running, that way they can't get lined up because of the review.

253hawk

Reaction score
i'm aware of that, I'm just saying it's very rare for a game to end on a run-off, unless it's an offensive penalty of some sort. This instance had nothing to do with the offense, it was basically an official's time out and then "Well, we were wrong on the TD call, but because it caused us to stop and look at it, we're burning up the clock and this game is over. Maybe you should have made it easier by either for us by getting in standing up or just staying on the ground short of the goal line so you could run another play...assuming we could move our decrepit butts fast enough to set the ball."

The whole thing is ridiculous. Why can't they just set the ball and run the clock? So they got a bit of a free timeout while the refs were hemming and hawing at the review screen, so what? It's not like that kind of play happens very often or that any team would be able to deliberately put themselves in that position.