LJ Collier

endzorn

Reaction score
LJ Collier reminds me of Lamar King. When Holmgren took King out of Saginaw Valley State the word was he used power and heavy hands to generate sacks. He sucked. He never turned into a serviceable player.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":srk91yp6 said:
Oh man, that rings a bell, Okung having those glass ankles and being out with injury so much those first few years.

I had no idea Collier played 37 snaps vs. Carolina. Don't recall hearing his name at all, and he had no stats.
If Pete found his play encouraging, I'll go with that. Sack Kyler Murray a couple times, LJ, and all is forgiven.

When was the last time the Seahawks drafted an impact DL who balled out his first season? Oh yeah, Green. Of course, Green. As in Jacob Green, #79, out of Texas A&M or someplace like that. Ring of Honor. Our DE of the 80's.

Besides that, I'm having a hard time thinking of one. I'm sure there's a couple I am just not thinking of. Meantime, Poona Ford had a solid rookie season last year.

Actually the last one was Tez.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tez, our beloved Cortez Kennedy, was the #3 overall pick. So aligning fine with the theory that in the top 10ish picks, even the Seahawks would have a hard time screwing it up. Earl, Tez, etc. are some of the best. Even Okung was decent when healthy.

Of course, prior Seahawks regimes picked Steve Niehaus, Rick Mirer, the LB bust dude that KJ sent to the bench as a rookie, oh yeah, Aaron Curry, Kelly Stouffer's frozen dinner, Dan McGwire. But those were before the PC/JS era.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2qpwsb0p said:
Unless you are a top 10 pick in the draft at DE, it's simply going to take time to develop. Take a look at Bennett, we let him go, he went to TB and "got it". Collier has hardly even played this year.

Take a look at Reed. He was panned early and often. By year three(?) he was putting up double digits sack as an interior lineman :shock: . Suddenly he was perceived as a necessary part of their DL, if they were gonna have success.

Latest posts