Long, Winded Post: My Thoughts On Offense

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The OP covered it all. For me, I see a coaching staff that calls it for the best chance of winning. This team has demonstrated many times the ability to win every kind of game they can.

I also see a Niners defense that has learned to rotate their players more and that it has helped them, but that they still don't have the rotation of the Hawks and that in the secondary they are vulnerable with their one's and far more with their two's. That the Niner defense will wear down as a result of the combination of the long road traveled, the types of games they have played and the nature of the game they will play on Sunday. Lynch might not have a huge game, his per carry average might be lower, but he will have his moments.

This is the game that RW thrives in, he is the coolest customer on the field. I do not think that CK will have that same composure come Sunday.
This is the house of pain for Kaeperstank. He knows it and I promise he has not experienced the noise he will Sunday.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3rh5w9it said:
The OP covered it all. For me, I see a coaching staff that calls it for the best chance of winning. This team has demonstrated many times the ability to win every kind of game they can.

I also see a Niners defense that has learned to rotate their players more and that it has helped them, but that they still don't have the rotation of the Hawks and that in the secondary they are vulnerable with their one's and far more with their two's. That the Niner defense will wear down as a result of the combination of the long road traveled, the types of games they have played and the nature of the game they will play on Sunday. Lynch might not have a huge game, his per carry average might be lower, but he will have his moments.

This is the game that RW thrives in, he is the coolest customer on the field. I do not think that CK will have that same composure come Sunday.
This is the house of pain for Kaeperstank. He knows it and I promise he has not experienced the noise he will Sunday.

AMEN Bro. as many of us see it, Krap-Kakes will show his weakness:

[quote from Star Wars — edited :roll: ]
"If the Seahawks have obtained a complete technical readout of the 40—whinerz it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness, and exploit it."
"The plans you refer to will soon be back in their hands and the 40—whinerz will be destroyed."
hcoq.jpg
CHOMPIN' AT THE BIT — GO HAWKS

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
PH great post.

I was just talking with a buddy about Wilson's game Saturday. I have just got done re-watching the game and he played much better than what I first thought. The emotions of the live game can sometime cloud what really is happening. With the game getting close and he missed a couple of throws it seems to magnify the situation.

I feel that the Hawks will be fine this weekend and can not wait. It always a bit nervous because we are in the one and done territory.

The four best teams are left in the playoff and anyone of them can win on any given day. If we play well and fairly mistake free we will win.

Thanks for the weite up keep them coming.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Heisenberg":3hzr2oox said:
Seattle's lynch pin is defense. It all starts and ends with their defense. If you can build a quick lead on seattle and soften up the defense a little, they are in big trouble. Especially with playoff ball vs a team defense like the 49ers, you have to 'bring it'. I dont think there will be many points scored come sunday. This would normally be a detriment to the 49ers as the seattle D keeps them in check at home but i have a feeling the 49ers will be able to hold seattle's offense in check his time around. Nobody's going to be too worried about Wilson's 142 last time they played in seattle, so it's on Lynch to have a good game to help open up the pass game. It can go either way but this will be a hard fought smash mouth defensive game.

Think you're way wrong about our O this game. The weather will be ho-hum this Sunday and I feel our O does get it's overdue game. Russell plays his strengths after a brief shaky start and uses his wheels when necessary...then mixes with the key throws. Marshawn will also wear down their D breaking runs in late 2nd qrtr on out.
D gets their picks for a great turnover day.

9'rs should be very afraid.

Tical21

Reaction score
You can rationalize it all any way that makes you feel good.

But there is no way you could have watched that game, and several lately, and come away thinking anything besides that our passing offense was completely inept. We scored enough points to win last week. But the odds are, we're going to have to put some yards and points up through the air at some point in the next two games in order to win. Are we going to be able to do it?

plyka

Reaction score
To the OP is this brock huard? Because your entire post consists of what he does that makes me pull my hair out every day. So I apologize in advance for ranting at you...unless of course you are huard in which case you deserve it 100%!

An average is a mathematical formula. There are certain rules that you have to follow. Otherwise it's no longer an average. I heard him just today say: if you take away Wilson INT in this game and give him a TD in this game and don't count that flag which eliminated a TD in this game then he would have a good QB rating (an average specially calculated). Well of course if you takeaway bad play which happened then credit non existent good plays that never happened of course the "average" will look a lot better. It'll look a lot better because you just fabricated the entire thing. As long as we are counting TDs that never happene why not count 30 more TDs and make Wilson break manning s TD record for a season? Why not give him 5,000 TDs and give him the all time record that No one will ever break? Unless of course brock comes around and makes up 6,000 TDs for the next guy.

I get the feeling you're doing the same thing. If you count events which did not happen, your analysis is totally corrupt and worthless in my opinion.

plyka

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qto4vy2 said:
I never get worried by the stats, it's the little stuff I worry about.

- too many three and outs
- having a 4-15 day on 3rd down conversions
- Russell being inaccurate on simple slants

If we win 23-18 and Russell only has 150 yards, but his completion percentage is 65% and we converted on 8-12 first downs? I'm cool with that, because it means we sustained drives. But that's not what's been going on, so that's why I'm a little nervous about our passing game right now.

Games over. World is done. Seahawks should pack it up and not play. World is over. Seahawks should move to Cleveland.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Tical21":tm7rja5q said:
You can rationalize it all any way that makes you feel good.

But there is no way you could have watched that game, and several lately, and come away thinking anything besides that our passing offense was completely inept. We scored enough points to win last week. But the odds are, we're going to have to put some yards and points up through the air at some point in the next two games in order to win. Are we going to be able to do it?

Inept? I disagree totally. I saw a game plan that adjusted for the elements and risk. There just wasn't a need for it. If the Hawks were down 17 and Wilson threw less than 20 times with half of them being caught I would agree. That wind was BAD. I watched Brees throw footballs that were picked off twice and dropped because two players were in position to make the play. No way I give NOLA that kind of life or momentum. It must have KILLED Payton to see those balls almost get picked only to get lucky.

There is no doubt in my mind that Wilson would have thrown a lot more and completed them if they needed it. But throwing under 20 times can look bad if there is just a couple drops.

Wilson had one bad game against AZ. In SF, in NYG and at home against the Rams he had solid numbers that supported the situation. Even in the Rams game, the Hawks ran the ball and had a big lead in a must win. Why bother giving the other team a chance at all or time on the clock? Just get the win baby.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
themunn":14uduinl said:
Heisenberg":14uduinl said:
Seattle's lynch pin is defense. It all starts and ends with their defense. If you can build a quick lead on seattle and soften up the defense a little, they are in big trouble.

Well, given that happened once all season (Tampa Bay) and the defense then shut up shop and the Seahawks won the game, this is wishful thinking.
Unless you're thinking of the Washington and Atlanta games last year which Seattle won and had the lead with 20 seconds to go respectively last year?
Or the New England game which is the only other game in the last 2 years we've been behind by 13 points or more, which we also won?

If anyone can do it, the 49ers can. They are the one team with the talent and depth to make something like that happen. The playoffs are a whole other animal. For example in the first two playoff games this year the 49ers beat two teams completely differently than how the games were played against either team during the regular season. DOnt be surprised to see things that didnt happen in the first two games.

Anyway Even a hawks fan has to admit that the 49ers offer the most matchup issues position by position than anyone else. It goes both ways though.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":16mg0l5x said:
Heisenberg":16mg0l5x said:
Seattle's lynch pin is defense. It all starts and ends with their defense. If you can build a quick lead on seattle and soften up the defense a little, they are in big trouble. Especially with playoff ball vs a team defense like the 49ers, you have to 'bring it'. I dont think there will be many points scored come sunday. This would normally be a detriment to the 49ers as the seattle D keeps them in check at home but i have a feeling the 49ers will be able to hold seattle's offense in check his time around. Nobody's going to be too worried about Wilson's 142 last time they played in seattle, so it's on Lynch to have a good game to help open up the pass game. It can go either way but this will be a hard fought smash mouth defensive game.

Hawks haven't allowed a point in the first quarter all season. Only the Niners have more shutout quarters than the Hawks. 35 for them and 30 for the Hawks. The reality is that we don't let teams score and we rarely get behind. As the game goes on, we score a bunch in the 2nd and 3rd and close out the game with a heavy run game. I would love to see one of those high scoring games that forces Wilson and Kaep to play comeback against these awesome D's. It's just not going to happen though. I predict a winning score of 20-16, game goes to whoever has more rushing yards as the team who rushes more is 8-0 in this series going back to 2010.

Yes, i am fully aware of what kind of team the hawks are- 49ers are almost mirror copies. This is why I understand a key to beating them is making them play from behind. Thats exactly how you beat the 49ers, and half of their losses this year went that way. Moreso with the hawks because though Kap cant pass on them, Wilson has issues passing on the 49ers too. Less than 150 yards in week 2. Considering the 49ers defensive strength is against the run, its all on Lynch to make it happen. I dont disagree with you though, if its a close game, then the team who runs better will likely win. If that's the case i think that gives the 49ers a slight advantage. 49ers havent allowed a single 100 yard rusher all year.