Subzero717

Reaction score
A London Hawk":1sz2nbdq said:
CALIHAWK1":1sz2nbdq said:
-The Glove-":1sz2nbdq said:
CALIHAWK1":1sz2nbdq said:
-The Glove- said:
What is swag?

Why do you hate that word? Is it because middle aged white, white collar types drop it? I feel the same about fist bumping.
I don't know...it just always annoyed me. I hated it when it was used as a shorter version of swagger. Now you have KOMO News using it in headlines like "Couple gets art and other swag stolen"

So its my fist bump. Yeah, the news shouldnt be using it. Ever.

It's been used as a term for stolen goods for a loooong time.

In the US? Never heard that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Swag bag, AKA a goodie bag, was the first use of it I can recall. It's gotten shortened to swag, or sometimes schwag, by a fair number of people.

Both swag and schwag have been given other meanings as well.

Veilside

Reaction score
First fist bump I encountered was when I lived in Cali for a year. You did it to everyone in the room when you got there and when you left (bounced). Being from WA it was quite a change.

Phteven

Reaction score
sc85sis":4nurawlc said:
Swag bag, AKA a goodie bag, was the first use of it I can recall. It's gotten shortened to swag, or sometimes schwag, by a fair number of people.

Both swag and schwag have been given other meanings as well.
I think swag "stuff we all get" started with the academy awards... Bags of stuff that they gave to the presenters. Then caught on at conventions and in corporate America for the logo crap given away at vendor booths, like mouse pads and lanyards.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Veilside":371if0tw said:
First fist bump I encountered was when I lived in Cali for a year. You did it to everyone in the room when you got there and when you left (bounced). Being from WA it was quite a change.

Did you sideways hand slap first?

OP
OP
Hawaiian Hawk

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
TOOL is the best band ever for the name alone. So fitting. See it. think about it. Live it.....Ah you know that part. Silly sheep. Now pray.

Veilside

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2g1x8191 said:
Veilside":2g1x8191 said:

It's been awhile (1999-2001) but yeah I vaguely remember doing that. It was kinda of a half slap/half shake kinda deal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Veilside":3ryhi27m said:
CALIHAWK1":3ryhi27m said:
Veilside":3ryhi27m said:

It's been awhile (1999-2001) but yeah I vaguely remember doing that. It was kinda of a half slap/half shake kinda deal.

Its still being used. At least in the central valley.

Latest posts