Looking at Hawk Draft...Maybe sleeper picks (Later rounds)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
naholmes":2tr4m2go said:
The Hawks need a big target to replace Jimmy Graham if he leaves im free agency. Jaleel Scott is my favorite receiver that is projected to last until round three or later. He could be this year’s Kenny Golladay.

Why don’t my YouTube links work?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/UIgOpdgIHNw[/youtube]

You have to take this out.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A couple more sleepers...
WR-Tre'Quan Smith, UCF, 6-1/205, speed, great blocker. RD-7/UDFA=? (looks a lot like Kearse with better hands IMO)
2017: 59/1171, 19.85-avg, 13-TD's, 79-long, 43/1-st downs, 30/15+, 17/25+
Career: 168/2748/16.4/22-TD's. Smith was UCF's best receiver for the last 3-years. --------Ideal Rd-7 pick=?--------

FS-Jeremy Reaves, So. Alabama, 5-10/204, ranked 9999-overall, proj. UDFA --------ET 2.0 =????--------
Looks a lot like ET with better tackling, Reaves has ET like attitude and body language as well. Plays Deep safety very well, with + ball skills, can come up in box & plays the run & pass well + he has CB experience. A "thumper" for his size. Sun Belt 1-st team & Sun Belt DPOY -2017. **This kid could be a must-get with a late round pick, for development at FS.

2017: 12-games, 104-tkls, 70-solo, 7.0-TFL, 1.5-sacks, 3-INT, 8-PD, 2-FR, 3-FF
Career: 45-games, 301-tkls, 208-solo, 20.5-TFL, 1.5-sacks, 8-INT, 22-PD, 2-FR, 8-FF.

TAPE: -- (1) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=je ... &FORM=VIRE
TAPE: -- (2) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=je ... &FORM=VIRE
--Scouting report: http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-dr ... h-alabama/
+ Some other nice sleepers are discussed here: http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-draft-sleepers/
:smilingalien:

OP
OP
Seahawkville

Seahawkville

Reaction score
Thanks for these. Yeah that Durham game tape was ass. But I can't find other games with him where he shined. I still think he would fit in here well.

original poster

Reaction score
pugs1":2jgarqsw said:
https://youtu.be/kKSJjLqWLuA

Here is another sleeper from USM RB Ito Smith

I've seen him mocked to Seattle a couple times already :2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ito Smith looks elusive but do you really think he can play a full season in this league at his size? He is listed 5’9” 180.

original poster

Reaction score
brimsalabim":gnpcsl97 said:
Ito Smith looks elusive but do you really think he can play a full season in this league at his size? He is listed 5’9” 180.

Didn't know he was that short.

Maybe he can backup Wilson :roll:

original poster

Reaction score
Another runner I like -

Darrel Williams. Projected to go in the 6th round.

[youtube]zhs1V5xvZdU[/youtube]

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Bo Scarbrough, the guy is a hammer

[youtube]6XqkYjdxXP4[/youtube]

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A few more.......

RD-7/UDFA? -OLB-Jonathan Petersen, U. San Diego (FCS), 6-005/240 ---> UNRANKED
2017 FCS leader with: 18.0-Sacks, 25.5-TFL 7-FF, 8-QBH, 2-FR, 12/22/17 - 2017 WALTER CAMP FCS ALL-AMERICA TEAM: DL Jonathan Petersen, University of San Diego,...Petersen, the unanimous choice for the 2017 PFL Defensive Player of the Year honor, led the FCS in sacks 18, (1.38 per game) and TFL 25.5, (2.0 per game). He ranked second in the FCS in forced fumbles with 7, (0.54-per game). A STATS Buck Buchanan Award Finalist, he finished 4-th in voting of 25 candidates. With his 3-1/2 sacks against North Dakota State on December 2nd, he became the all-time FCS leader in sacks with 44. - San Diego Football. --Could be a good late round/UDFA pick up for the Seahawks?--

A small school guy that MAY be vastly overlooked based on his stats. A high motor, big effort guy.
DE/OLB-Joe Ostman, Central Michigan, 6-020/248, 4.89/40 +/- =????, currently #273-overall, Proj. Rd-7/UDFA.
2017: 10-games, 60-tkls, 34-solo, 19.5-TFL, 13.0-Sacks, 3-FF
Career: 47-games, 220-tkls, 123-solo, 45.5-TFL, 26.0-Sacks, 3-PD, 4-FR, 8-FF.
""Ostman is undersized (at DE) but he plays like the Energizer Bunny, always giving effort and uses his hands well to free himself of blockers. He had a very nice Bowl game against Wyoming, notching 2 sacks. He showed solid bend and quickness around the edge, kept his legs churning through blocks. He stayed active throughout the game. He went on to play well in the Shrine game, was very fast off the edge with an active motor"". (= A true Sleeper.)

CB/FS?-M. J. Stewart, No. Carolina, 5-105/198, 4.53/40 +/-, #134-overall, Proj. Rd-4 (develop as slot CB?)
2017: 12-games, 45-tkls, 33-solo, 5.0-TFL, 2.0-sacks, 12-PD, 2-QBH.
+ 15 Punt Returns for 170-yds, 11.33-avg.
Career: 49-games, 129-tkls, 70-solo, 11.5-TFL, 3.0-sacks, 6-INT, 41-PD, 3-FR, 3-FF.

CB-Rashard Fant, Indiana, 5-095/180, 4.48/40 +/-, #289-overall, Proj. Rd-7/UDFA (slot CB or FS?)
Holds career NCAA record, (since 2005) with 53-passes defended.
2017: 11-games, 24-tkls, 21-solo, 2.5-TFL, 1-INT, 9-PBU, 1-FR
Career: 49-games, 132-tkls, 118-solo, 5.5-TFL, .5-sacks, 5-INT (1 for TD), 53-PD, 3-FR.
I know, he's not a "long" DB, however he must have something going for him with these stats and may be a steal in Rd-7, IF, the Seahawks want a developmental slot corner with upside. Fant has the bad habit of grabbing the receiver’s jersey, arms and shoulders. He is often called for pass interference or defensive holding because of this habit, this is likely a coaching issue that hopefully can be minimalized.

:smilingalien:

pugs1

Reaction score
original poster":nr3drzhv said:
brimsalabim":nr3drzhv said:

Didn't know he was that short.

He weighed in at 201 @ the senior bowl. Personally I think his height helps him sneak through the line.
I know he doesn’t fit the Seahawks running back mold but he has awesome cutting ability and great production
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ith-1.html

Maybe he can backup Wilson :roll:

OP
OP
Seahawkville

Seahawkville

Reaction score
Hawks are looking at Jessie Bates Wake Forest Safety.

Eyebrows were raised when Wake Forest safety Jessie Bates III announced he was entering the draft, but this was primarily from people unfamiliar with his game.

Bates’ film is impressive — he’s an athletic center fielder who plays with excellent speed, displays great range and really stands out in pass coverage.

Though he’s just a redshirt sophomore, Bates plays disciplined, assignment football and is never out of position.

There are some who feel his ball skills are good enough that a move to corner is possible. While I don’t necessarily agree with this, I do believe Bates is the type of safety who can line up over the slot receiver when necessary.

While we presently stamp Bates with a fifth-round grade, there are a few teams who believe he could go as early as the third round. The Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are two of the teams looking hard at Bates.

original poster

Reaction score
Seahawkville":2fmf03ys said:
Hawks are looking at Jessie Bates Wake Forest Safety.

Eyebrows were raised when Wake Forest safety Jessie Bates III announced he was entering the draft, but this was primarily from people unfamiliar with his game.

Bates’ film is impressive — he’s an athletic center fielder who plays with excellent speed, displays great range and really stands out in pass coverage.

Though he’s just a redshirt sophomore, Bates plays disciplined, assignment football and is never out of position.

There are some who feel his ball skills are good enough that a move to corner is possible. While I don’t necessarily agree with this, I do believe Bates is the type of safety who can line up over the slot receiver when necessary.

While we presently stamp Bates with a fifth-round grade, there are a few teams who believe he could go as early as the third round. The Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are two of the teams looking hard at Bates.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com

OP
OP
Seahawkville

Seahawkville

Reaction score
yes, that is where I got that information, I forgot to post the link.