Looks like Maxwell is being brought in (Signs 1 Year Deal)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
IF we're getting anywhere close to the Byron Maxwell whom we had before ... then I like this quite a lot. Obviously, we'll see what he's got left in the tank ... but the fact that he passed the physical and the Seahawks have signed him to a deal says that they THINK he can still play.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/906257599468896259[/tweet]

He still has it. Hopefully he will revert to what he was during 2nd half of last season.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ludakrishna":34i3slfi said:

He still has it. Hopefully he will revert to what he was during 2nd half of last season.

Now THAT ... is highly encouraging. Teams make plenty of mistakes when it comes to personnel decisions (see the Bills and Marshawn Lynch) ... but obviously he was released for a reason. That's a very good sign though.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Repeat after me.

There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kinda a no brainer, Maxwell knows the system and is a good fit.

The good news is this happened fast, which means he's in shape and is ready to roll. We wouldn't have signed him if he lost a step or two and didn't have the same burst.

I hope. *gulp*

Seymour

Reaction score
The reason Maxwell worked here, and did not work out elsewhere, is he had Sherman on the other side, and excellent safety support. If we try to plug in Maxwell in Shermans spot (ie put him up against the O's #1 again and again), we will end up just as pissed off as the Eagle and Dolphin fans.

I hope they didn't pay him much.....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet he's a heck of a lot better than Lane on the outside. Him and Shaq on the corners, Coleman and Lane splitting time at Slot, maybe sometimes on the field together etc. Not bad overall.
Maxwell has only played will here in Seattle. There's gonna' be a drop off no matter what, but I'm happy with him coming back. And finger wag Shead should soon follow, maybe a couple weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":gv48g6us said:
The reason Maxwell worked here, and did not work out elsewhere, is he had Sherman on the other side, and excellent safety support. If we try to plug in Maxwell in Shermans spot (ie put him up against the O's #1 again and again), we will end up just as pissed off as the Eagle and Dolphin fans.

Probably just the vet minimum, Miami's still responsible for the massive contract he signed with Philly.

And I agree, every DB opposite Sherman benefited from him. But Sherman hasn't missed a game in a Hawk uniform, so we honestly don't know what this will look like. But we do need depth, and a DB that can play NOW. So not sure what other options there were.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Full LOB-sherm but +shaq and justin and jeremy and deshaun + more depth,don't look too shabby.!!

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Awesome, im honestly exited. I always liked him as a player in our defense.

Shaq
Maxwell
Coleman
Shead

Not too bad still a nice group

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3357ee6x said:

He seriously didnt do too bad in miami. I think he will still be highly effective back in the seahawks system which he knows very well.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He wasn't that good once he no longer had Earl Thomas playing behind him. Perhaps he'll rebound now.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Seymour":edhb62ig said:

I think you are being a little unfair about him to be honest. Yes he benefited from sherman, but he made his fair share of plays as well when he was targetted. He was effective because he is physical at the line of scrimmage and can defend the deep ball. I think shaq is gonna be the #1 corner anyway.