Looks like the first cut is in.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am hoping Stringfellow makes the PS. Same with Bracey & King.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":ubpotcw8 said:
So does someone have to get cut if earl decides to show up next week?

Ans: Yes after he is returned to the roster.

The team can hold him out for a short while. But he counts for a roster spot as soon as he practices.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":2mtw43ye said:
QB (2) - Russell Wilson, Brett Hundley

RB (6) - Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, C.J. Prosise, J.D. McKissic, Mike Davis, Tre Madden

WR (5) - Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Marshall, Jaron Brown, David Moore

TE (3) - Nick Vannett, Will Dissly, Darrell Daniels

OL (9) - Duane Brown, Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, Joey Hunt, J.R. Sweezy, Rees Odhiambo

DL (10) - Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Nazair Jones, Rasheem Green, Branden Jackson, Tom Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Poona Ford, Quinton Jefferson, Dion Jordan

LB (6) - Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, Austin Calitro, Shaquem Griffin

CB (5) - Shaquill Griffin, Justin Coleman, Dontae Johnson, Tre Flowers, Neiko Thorpe

S (4) - Bradley McDougald, Tedric Thompson, Shalom Luani, Delano Hill

ST (3) - Sebastian Janikowski, Michael Dickson, Tyler Ott

DNR - Earl Thomas

INJ - Malik McDowell, Erik Walden, Austin Davis, Jamarco Jones, Byron Maxwell, J.D. McKissic, Kam Chancellor

Malik McDowell is still technically on the roster?? Why?

jmahon316

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1i683e6f said:
SkyHawks16":1i683e6f said:

RB (6) - Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, C.J. Prosise, J.D. McKissic, Mike Davis, Tre Madden

WR (5) - Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Marshall, Jaron Brown, David Moore

OL (9) - Duane Brown, Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, Joey Hunt, J.R. Sweezy, Rees Odhiambo

DL (10) - Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Nazair Jones, Rasheem Green, Branden Jackson, Tom Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Poona Ford, Quinton Jefferson, Dion Jordan

LB (6) - Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, Austin Calitro, Shaquem Griffin

CB (5) - Shaquill Griffin, Justin Coleman, Dontae Johnson, Tre Flowers, Neiko Thorpe

DNR - Earl Thomas

INJ - Malik McDowell, Erik Walden, Austin Davis, Jamarco Jones, Byron Maxwell, J.D. McKissic, Kam Chancellor

I was surprised to see his name there and am curious as well

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1036298850926059521[/tweet] ........ so two more cuts to make now.

kf3339

Reaction score
jmahon316":mfsf4qqd said:
oldhawkfan":mfsf4qqd said:
SkyHawks16":mfsf4qqd said:

DNR - Earl Thomas

They can't possibly be paying him anymore money as this point. Correct?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":2kj1ed2c said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1036298850926059521[/tweet] ........ so two more cuts to make now.

My guess would be Odhiambo waived and Thorpe to IR (with the possibility to return this season if needed).

Jville

Reaction score
kf3339":2skri9q8 said:
jmahon316":2skri9q8 said:
oldhawkfan":2skri9q8 said:
SkyHawks16":2skri9q8 said:

DNR - Earl Thomas

His dead cap cost against the 2018 salary cap is currently listed by OTC at $1,580,774. Since his July 26 waiver came after June 1st, there will be a dead cap charge in 2019 as well.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1g9xp4qs said:
Jville":1g9xp4qs said:

My guess would be Odhiambo waived and Thorpe to IR (with the possibility to return this season if needed).

Makes sense .... you must be clairvoyant [tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1036306141876244480[/tweet]

kf3339

Reaction score
Jville":3f7otqrz said:
kf3339":3f7otqrz said:
jmahon316":3f7otqrz said:
oldhawkfan":3f7otqrz said:

His dead cap cost against the 2018 salary cap is currently listed by OTC at $1,580,774. Since his July 26 waiver came after June 1st, there will be a dead cap charge in 2019 as well.

Other than the dead cap hits, he isn't getting anymore salary of any type. Correct?

Jville

Reaction score
kf3339":2cxou7mj said:
Jville":2cxou7mj said:
kf3339":2cxou7mj said:
jmahon316":2cxou7mj said:

Other than the dead cap hits, he isn't getting anymore salary of any type. Correct?

The OTC numbers appear to me to assume that the Seahawks are paying his 2018 guaranteed salary along with the pro rated signing bonus as part of the dead cap cost. But, I don't recall seeing any disclosure of actual detailed contract wordage. I'm assuming he is receiving his guaranteed salary.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Delano Hill flat sucks. Only reason he’s on this team is because PC/JS don’t want to cut two (three with Odhiambo) recent third rounders. Hill has horrendous instinct and technique.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1036357266012684288[/tweet]

I don’t mind this. Green and Jefferson outplayed him.

I guess Thorpe is not going to IR.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
mikeak":3pug3ofa said:
KitsapGuy":3pug3ofa said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1036047668651253760[/tweet]

Claimed by New England

Becomes Brady’s favorite target du jour and makes a few key Super Bowl plays to earn his first Lombardi.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
mikeak":3avpopi2 said:
KitsapGuy":3avpopi2 said:

Claimed by New England

Hopefully they find as much success with this claim as they did with Cassius Marsh last season.

Yes, I’m bitter. They did a great job on that Justin Coleman trade, too. A 7th rounder well spent.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":28okh3ac said:
mikeak":28okh3ac said:
KitsapGuy":28okh3ac said:

Claimed by New England

Hopefully they find as much success with this claim as they did with Cassius Marsh last season.

Yes, I’m bitter. They did a great job on that Justin Coleman trade, too. A 7th rounder well spent.

Darboh almost made it thru waivers ...... all the way down to the 31st spot.

Good receiver camp. 5 made the roster. 2 made the practice squad and 2 picked up on waivers for active roster on other teams. Productive year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":14ffkzfd said:
hawknation2018":14ffkzfd said:
mikeak":14ffkzfd said:
KitsapGuy":14ffkzfd said:

Claimed by New England

Darboh almost made it thru waivers ...... all the way down to the 31st spot.

Good receiver camp. 5 made the roster. 2 made the practice squad and 2 picked up on waivers for active roster on other teams. Productive year.

Hoping for a 3rd WR on the practice squad in Stringfellow or Turner.

With only 5 WRs on the roster, it makes sense to sign three developmental guys to the p-squad.

Latest posts