Lot of hate flowin back south

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2m726vwz said:
Cary Kollins":2m726vwz said:
kobebryant":2m726vwz said:
Cool, Cary.

I have zero reason not to believe you :irishdrinkers:

And anything lingering, if at all, SB loss related is and will be impossible to quantify anyway. Though the only momentum, positive or negative, that I believe in is in terms of the laws of physics.

Yeah I know there's a lot of talk about a SB hangover, and Rivera touched on it during OTAs. From everything I've read, it really doesn't appear like there's going to be a "hangover". Rivera is really pushing the "blank slate" message. We'll see how well it goes two months from today :0190l:
Yeah, that's what the Hawks were saying last year at this time too.
I can see it going south in a real hurry if things don't go Cam's way and he goes into pouting/towel mode.

Thing is, the "pouting/towel mode" thing is a myth.

Look up the Panthers regular seasons since 2011. The Panthers lost a lot of close games in the first half of seasons 2011-2012, only to finish very strong. The idea that Cam gives up later in the season because the team loses couldn't be further from the truth.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16ijsjs7 said:
Cary Kollins":16ijsjs7 said:
kobebryant":16ijsjs7 said:
Cool, Cary.

And anything lingering, if at all, SB loss related is and will be impossible to quantify anyway. Though the only momentum, positive or negative, that I believe in is in terms of the laws of physics.

Yeah I know there's a lot of talk about a SB hangover, and Rivera touched on it during OTAs. From everything I've read, it really doesn't appear like there's going to be a "hangover". Rivera is really pushing the "blank slate" message. We'll see how well it goes two months from today :0190l:
I can see it going south in a real hurry if things don't go Cam's way and he goes into pouting/towel mode.

Yeah, but it is impossible to quantify "Super Bowl Hangover" and if that had anything to do with the mediocre/poor start to the season. They may have started the season undefeated without the Kam holdout and Carry/Nowak starting, regardless of the outcome of the previous Super Bowl. Momentum is only real in physics.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kobebryant":9pnrtslf said:
Sports Hernia":9pnrtslf said:
Cary Kollins":9pnrtslf said:
kobebryant":9pnrtslf said:
Cool, Cary.

Yeah, but it is impossible to quantify "Super Bowl Hangover" and if that had anything to do with the mediocre/poor start to the season. They may have started the season undefeated without the Kam holdout and Carry/Nowak starting, regardless of the outcome of the previous Super Bowl. Momentum is only real in physics.
But that is the exact definition of the "Superbowl Hangover" it's the combination of all those little things that don't seem important and every opponent getting up for you and playing their level best and usually having a brutal schedule in the mix. Already Carolina lost Norman and if anyone thinks that won't seriously effect them they're fooling themselves.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1n7us009 said:
Sports Hernia":1n7us009 said:
Cary Kollins":1n7us009 said:
kobebryant":1n7us009 said:
Cool, Cary.

Thing is, the "pouting/towel mode" thing is a myth.

Look up the Panthers regular seasons since 2011. The Panthers lost a lot of close games in the first half of seasons 2011-2012, only to finish very strong. The idea that Cam gives up later in the season because the team loses couldn't be further from the truth.
Keep thinking that. Niner fans used to say its a myth about the Kraepper how on how he WAS a one read QB. Turned out to be true.

Just like the Cam pouting/towel thing is true, go rewatch his SB 50 post game presser for exhibit A. Just because he proclaims to be Superman doesn't make it so, you will soon find this out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
And the guy practically lost his career over this fact. Maybe the Chipster will fix him? I figure the Seahawks broke one quarterback so how about they go for a daily double? Both are mental midgets just wait and see sir.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Its going to be a very stressful season for you Panther fans this year

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Comparing a meaningless press conference to Kapernick being a one read QB? The preseason scuffle that was exhausted with coverage last season? Um ok

I see there isn't much room left for intelligent conversation in this thread.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2aayqx6g said:
MizzouHawkGal":2aayqx6g said:
Hawk_Nation":2aayqx6g said:
I wouldn't count on 2 easy wins against Tampa and the seafood thief.. They are going to be a solid team this year.
Dude, I said division right? This is 2005 redone with Cam doing his "I quit act". Prove me wrong. Carolina has an actual NFL schedule this year. Tampa Bay for just one isn't chopped liver. Have fun boys. They might beat us to be straightforward no smack, given the game is in Tampa.

:irishdrinkers:

Even though I hate Winston, and the god awful uniforms they wear, they are building something good down there.
Why do you always understand my point, are you a serial killer?

Maybe Im just that good... :D

Speaking of "killing cereal", I would kill a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast crunch if I had some right now lol

Whoa! Total synchronicity, I was eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast crunch cereal when I read this post.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The hangover after the Super Bowl win or loss cannot be ignored.We have seen it the last 2 seasons.The target on your backs are going to be huge since you will be all those teams biggest game and I cannot stress how much harder it gets just on that alone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2tqv7xhl said:
Comparing a meaningless press conference to Kapernick being a one read QB? The preseason scuffle that was exhausted with coverage last season? Um ok

Dang, you got us figured out. The jig is up people. We must face the future. Cam Newton is the best QB EVAAAAAAAAR!
He will win the next 10 Super Bowls in a row!!!!

Is that more to your liking????

Oh, I almost forgot :sarcasm_off:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":a9utbcag said:

Translation: I can't win an argument about something intangible, so I'll just insult my opponents. That'll show 'em!

BTW, intangible means unquantifiable. Oh, sorry, that word might be to big for you, as well.

Go back to your cave.

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: ...Panthers fans learned NOTHING after last year. They blew their chance in the SB in an EPIC fail.

That's ok, we will show them once again , how it's done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
King Dog":2qjjzpr5 said:
Maulbert":2qjjzpr5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696529806582632448[/tweet]
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
I've said this nicely at least two times in this thread.... the Superbowl Hangover is real and you have no clue what's coming Panther fans, no clue. All the better that one of my two jerseys is a Frank Clark. Just means I chose right. The hammer is coming Carolina

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":211zwxik said:
MizzouHawkGal":211zwxik said:
Cary Kollins":211zwxik said:
You'll find out soon enough. And you let Denver dominate you? It just gets more hilarious by the second. Hey, how about you prove your team isn't 10-6 and mine isn't 12-4 this year....GO!

That wasn't directed at you. I had quoted someone else but decided it's just not worth it.

There's no use trying to prove what the records will be in July. I think Carolina will be alright. They actually improved across the board with the exception of losing Josh Norman. Seattle will probably be right in the mix again, assuming the offensive line can at least be decent. If their offensive line is awful, which is a possibility, the season could be somewhat of a wash, much like the 2014 Panthers which trotted out the worst o-line in the league for most of the season.
Sorry then. I thought it was directed at me. Your team is good, really good but you need to accept a shit storm is coming your way and EVERY team you play this season is coming at you with their A game.. Now look at your schedule, really look and tell me I'm ignorant.

Your team is actually playing playoff level teams for most part for the first time in a decade probably. Welcome to what Russell Wilson has dealt with from game 1 of 64 honey, first we have San Francisco as the second best team in the NFL and now have to deal with Arizona as the very same. Yeah, he's 5'10" but he's still better then towel boy.

kearly

Reaction score
Panthers fans are hungry for the kind of national recognition the Seahawks have enjoyed in recent years, plus they have suffered some pretty annoying losses against Seattle prior to 2015. When Cam had his Super tantrums at SB50 and then blew off the post game interview, everyone in the media said "Cam should be more like Russell!"

I get why they hate us.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":18odzvg8 said:
Panthers fans are hungry for the kind of national recognition the Seahawks have enjoyed in recent years, plus they have suffered some pretty annoying losses against Seattle prior to 2015. I get it.
Well they have earn their stripes and get through Russell Wilson. Good luck with that given he's on that next level already and ready to really go for the last level. Towel Boy needs to grow up and I for one don't think it will ever happen. From day one he has been an immature manchild dependent on his ridiculous physical gifts. We will see if he actually becomes an actual quarterback.

To me he has Steve Young's problem. Too physically gifted to actually get it for years. When or if he does he will actually be the best quarterback in the league unlike last year. The guy is seriously gifted even beyond our man. Let's make a bet Kip..... Russ or Cam the next Brady. You make the terms. Hell, throw in Luck in the mix to make it actually interesting.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd literally be forever disappointed in Russell Wilson if he made a "business decision" like that in the Super Bowl. Regular game? Sure, prevent injury, whatever. Once you're in one-and-done territory, however, you do whatever it takes to win. That goes double for the freakin' Super Bowl. A lot of cats fans probably don't want to admit it, but they agree inside.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Their board is an excellent representation of Carolina's actual demographic.