Lot of hate flowin back south

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dyhfks9 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs this year. Losing Norman, Super Bowl loser hangover, Cam being exposed etc etc.

6-1 in one score games last year. With only us and the Texans having winning records amongst those games. I smell a crash coming.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":1tc9auts said:
Hawk_Nation":1tc9auts said:
Its only July, and we are already in their heads. :irishdrinkers:

Deep down every Panther fan that truly knows football and isn't just a bandwagon homer should be worried by the loss of Norman. They aren't going to be the same.

Norman is a loss, but I'm not sure the secondary overall will be much worse given what else was back there last year and even less sure the defense overall will be worse, in fact I think better, but time will tell. Norman was dumped intentionally by a guy that's batting 1.000 and has plenty of cap space. We'll see.

LOL you can roll a turd in sugar, but at the end of the day its still a turn rolled in sugar.

You cant honestly say your secondary will be better by taking your BEST DB off your roster and plugging in various rookies.

That's laughable.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3p5wfctr said:
ctrcat":3p5wfctr said:
Hawk_Nation":3p5wfctr said:

Deep down every Panther fan that truly knows football and isn't just a bandwagon homer should be worried by the loss of Norman. They aren't going to be the same.

Norman is a loss, but I'm not sure the secondary overall will be much worse given what else was back there last year and even less sure the defense overall will be worse, in fact I think better, but time will tell. Norman was dumped intentionally by a guy that's batting 1.000 and has plenty of cap space. We'll see.

LOL you can roll a turd in sugar, but at the end of the day its still a turn rolled in sugar.

You cant honestly say your secondary will be better by taking your BEST DB off your roster and plugging in various rookies.

That's laughable.

upon closer inspection ctr said the defense OVERALL could be better, which is easily possible given the additions to the defensive line

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3ukzntq9 said:
ctrcat":3ukzntq9 said:
Hawk_Nation":3ukzntq9 said:

That's laughable.

Defense overall better IMO but we'll see. Secondary worse overall certainly but Finnegan, Harper, et al gone. Addition by subtraction. Benwikere was out last December/January and returns. I'm not sure the roster is complete yet either. We'll see.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
*shows lack of reading comprehension*

*is alerted to lack of reading comprehension*

*posts gif that has no context whatsoever*

:2thumbs:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":qwph3rfx said:
*shows lack of reading comprehension*

*is alerted to lack of reading comprehension*

*posts gif that has no context whatsoever*

:2thumbs:

Just stating the facts and responding to a Panthers fan that for some odd reason is a member on a Seahawks board.

It will be quite interesting this time next year to see just where your beloved team finishes.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":3swtt4f7 said:
Sports Hernia":3swtt4f7 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs this year. Losing Norman, Super Bowl loser hangover, Cam being exposed etc etc.

we'll see, a look at the schedule reveals favorable QB matchups for the Panthers defense:

Week 1: Mark Sanchez?
Week 2: Blaine Gabbert/Colin SackorPick
Week 3: Brideovertroubledwater
Week 4-6: NFCS (no gimmes, always played tough)
Week 8: Old man Palmer
Week 9: Whoever is the LA QB
Week 10: Alex Smith
Week 11: Brees
Week 12: Derek Carr
Week 13: Dangeruss
Week 14: Rivers
Week 15: Cousins
Week 16: Ryan
Week 17: Winston

So even though nothing is guaranteed, it's not exactly murderer's row of QBs.

Vikings are going to smack the Panthers in the face. Vikings kicked their ass the last time they played 2 years ago 31-13 with Bridgewater going 15/21 138 yards 2TD and a 120 rating. Cam went 18/35 194 yards 1TD 1INT with a 65.7 rating and got sacked 4 times....Adrian Peterson was also not even playing
After the Vikings beat them the Panthers have only lost 1 regular season game since then and that was to Atlanta late in the year last year. So since then they went 19-1 I think? In the regular season

Heck Bridgewater did what he needed to do in the playoff game against the Seahawks too and if not for that 20 yard missed FG would of beat Wilson

What does the Seahawk list look like for QBs played against this year?

ctrcat

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3dvpv0cw said:
Cary Kollins":3dvpv0cw said:
Sports Hernia":3dvpv0cw said:

we'll see, a look at the schedule reveals favorable QB matchups for the Panthers defense:

Vikings are going to smack the Panthers in the face. Vikings kicked their ass the last time they played 2 years ago 31-13 with Bridgewater going 15/21 138 yards 2TD and a 120 rating. Cam went 18/35 194 yards 1TD 1INT with a 65.7 rating and got sacked 4 times....Adrian Peterson was also not even playing
After the Vikings beat them the Panthers have only lost 1 regular season game since then and that was to Atlanta late in the year last year. So since then they went 19-1 I think? In the regular season

Heck Bridgewater did what he needed to do in the playoff game against the Seahawks too and if not for that 20 yard missed FG would of beat Wilson

What does the Seahawk list look like for QBs played against this year?

The Vikings won all phases that day, most especially special teams, with two blocked punts for TDs. I tried to tell everyone here last offseason that a healthy Cam in 2015 > gimp Cam in 2014. I know Viking fans that like Teddy, but aren't ready to invest their heart and soul into him just yet. It's a big year for him. We'll see.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1nevz2zg said:
Sports Hernia":1nevz2zg said:

1. Never discount Denver at home
2. San Francisco you have that one
3. Toss up only because you're at home
4-6. Division games with serious history of upsets between all four of the teams
8. Don't sleep on Palmer, dude will probably drop a 5TD day on that secondary of yours
9. Don't sleep on the Rams they get up for us and games like this especially since you're coming west
10. Kansas City will destroy you given it's in Arrowhead and later in the year
11. Division game so who knows?
12. Oakland in Oakland good luck with that (they're playoff contenders now but you're not up on the AFC so that's understandable)
13. Payback is a bitch
14. You have this one unless that Wisconsin running back Gordon is for real and healthy which will allow Rivers to eviscerate your secondary
15. Washington isn't bad now that they left the RG3 circus behind and it's in RFK, they also have your boy
16. Division
17. Division

I see two gimme's on that schedule and couple loses guaranteed with 4-5 others being very likely. Your schedule looks to be set similarly to ours in 2015. So it isn't as farfetched as you think that 10-6 or 9-7 if not worse as a distinct possibility when you factor everything beyond injures in.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ctrcat":x2r9e3ar said:
^ Kansas City is in Charlotte, not Arrowhead. Vegas has the Panthers favored in every game at present but one, @Seattle (-3), fwiw. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... 5zqdq5vpbo
Las Vegas doesn't matter because that's all about getting people to bet both sides of the line. And of course they are giving you ridiculous odds because Cam is the best right? Yet our quarterback matched yours pretty much straight against the board. Just bias and stupidity because Cam is prototypical and almost gets it, not quite given he's still a mental midget. They do this given they're working from last year's data.

You're right about the Kansas City game through so it's a toss up currently. I'm just saying you're not going to be 14-2 or 15-1. The best I see for you is 12-4 and that's damn unlikely in itself.

And you give a link that says there will not be any Superbowl hangover for your team, well that's news to me given it's a fact in the modern salary cap era. We've experienced it twice, it's amazing how many little things go wrong for a Superbowl loser the next year.

ctrcat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ewtkqof said:
ctrcat":2ewtkqof said:
^ Kansas City is in Charlotte, not Arrowhead. Vegas has the Panthers favored in every game at present but one, @Seattle (-3), fwiw. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... 5zqdq5vpbo
Las Vegas doesn't matter because that's all about getting people to bet both sides of the line. And of course they are giving you ridiculous odds because Cam is the best right? Yet our quarterback matched yours pretty much straight against the board. Just bias and stupidity because Cam is prototypical and almost gets it, not quite given he's still a mental midget. They do this given they're working from last year's data.

You're right about the Kansas City game through so it's a toss up currently. I'm just saying you're not going to be 14-2 or 15-1. The best I see for you is 12-4 and that's damn unlikely in itself.

And you give a link that says there will not be any Superbowl hangover for your team, well that's news to me given it's a fact in the modern salary cap era. We've experienced it twice, it's amazing how many little things go wrong for a Superbowl loser the next year.

The Panthers in 2004 certainly had their challenges after the Super Bowl, starting with their best player (Steve Smith) breaking his leg in the first game. Ironically the best WR this year is actually returning. There will be challenges and nothing is given, but they're set up about as well as could be for a Super Bowl runner-up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ctrcat":28s9jiod said:
MizzouHawkGal":28s9jiod said:
ctrcat":28s9jiod said:

The Panthers in 2004 certainly had their challenges after the Super Bowl, starting with their best player (Steve Smith) breaking his leg in the first game. Ironically the best WR this year is actually returning. There will be challenges and nothing is given, but they're set up about as well as could be for a Super Bowl runner-up.
Just as long as you realize what's coming and understand I'm not talking crap. You're in for a beatdown, accept it and go on. As stupidly perfect last year was for your team just expect that the little things like Cam's mental makeup will nail your team to the wall like it deserves at every possible turn. Given it's a 10-6/11-5 level team last year and this year.

I remember 2005 for Carolina it was sweet by the way. Be ready hon your time is coming again. I'm sensing a 2005 redo in fact. Time to give Ben what he should have gotten 11 years ago.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on 2 easy wins against Tampa and the seafood thief.. They are going to be a solid team this year.