Lot of hate flowin back south

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1wyk7ttw said:
I wouldn't count on 2 easy wins against Tampa and the seafood thief.. They are going to be a solid team this year.
Dude, I said division right? This is 2005 redone with Cam doing his "I quit act". Prove me wrong. Carolina has an actual NFL schedule this year. Tampa Bay for just one isn't chopped liver. Have fun boys. They might beat us to be straightforward no smack, given the game is in Tampa.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":3w00ix8w said:
You'll find out soon enough. And you let Denver dominate you? It just gets more hilarious by the second. Hey, how about you prove your team isn't 10-6 and mine isn't 12-4 this year....GO!

2_0_6

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1uix5ncm said:
Hawk_Nation":1uix5ncm said:
I wouldn't count on 2 easy wins against Tampa and the seafood thief.. They are going to be a solid team this year.
Dude, I said division right? This is 2005 redone with Cam doing his "I quit act". Prove me wrong. Carolina has an actual NFL schedule this year. Tampa Bay for just one isn't chopped liver. Have fun boys. They might beat us to be straightforward no smack, given the game is in Tampa.

:irishdrinkers:

Even though I hate Winston, and the god awful uniforms they wear, they are building something good down there.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2bnfohn4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2bnfohn4 said:
Hawk_Nation":2bnfohn4 said:

Even though I hate Winston, and the god awful uniforms they wear, they are building something good down there.
Why do you always understand my point, are you a serial killer?

2_0_6

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":eases65x said:
Hawk_Nation":eases65x said:
MizzouHawkGal":eases65x said:
Hawk_Nation":eases65x said:

Why do you always understand my point, are you a serial killer?

Maybe Im just that good... :D

Speaking of "killing cereal", I would kill a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast crunch if I had some right now lol

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I prefer Cinnamon Life, Golden Grahams and Honey Bunch of Oats. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is too sugary for me.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1s3uuqb8 said:

I wouldn't either. The NFCS division games are always a tough out. These teams really, really don't like each other and Tampa has been bad for so long they actually have a lot of talent across the board. I could see them making a push for second in the division this year.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ics15d4 said:
Cary Kollins":1ics15d4 said:
You'll find out soon enough. And you let Denver dominate you? It just gets more hilarious by the second. Hey, how about you prove your team isn't 10-6 and mine isn't 12-4 this year....GO!

That wasn't directed at you. I had quoted someone else but decided it's just not worth it.

There's no use trying to prove what the records will be in July. I think Carolina will be alright. They actually improved across the board with the exception of losing Josh Norman. Seattle will probably be right in the mix again, assuming the offensive line can at least be decent. If their offensive line is awful, which is a possibility, the season could be somewhat of a wash, much like the 2014 Panthers which trotted out the worst o-line in the league for most of the season.

Largent80

Reaction score
We already had the worst if not THE worst line in the league last year, So it won't be hard to improve it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":eql9efj9 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs this year. Losing Norman, Super Bowl loser hangover, Cam being exposed etc etc.

Always possible.

The questions in the Panthers secondary are valid, but it's no more of a "wait and see" unit than the Hawks oline is. Another valid question will always be about J Stew's ability to stay healthy - I think it's a fair knock on him at this point.

But Rivera has a defense and running game program much like Pete, and that brand of ball tends to always show up.

I'm not sure there's anything to expose with Cam, a lot of elite QBs would have struggled with that Denver D. The return of Benjamin and the development of Funchess should help; though his offensive tackles leave a lot to be desired. My only concern for Cam would be any lingering locker room issues or lack of respect from his teammates as a fallout of not hitting the deck for that fumble - that does not go over well in a room full of alpha tough guys.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
kobebryant":3hs9iv0l said:
Sports Hernia":3hs9iv0l said:
I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs this year. Losing Norman, Super Bowl loser hangover, Cam being exposed etc etc.

My only concern for Cam would be any lingering locker room issues or lack of respect from his teammates as a fallout of not hitting the deck for that fumble - that does not go over well in a room full of alpha tough guys.

It's a non-issue man. Cam sacrifices his body unlike any quarterback before him, and his teammates know that. Greg Olsen said as much right after the Super Bowl. Not diving on the ball was a brain fart moment, which happens in a game where split second decisions are made. The Panthers have one of the strongest locker rooms in the league. Trust me when I say it's a non-issue.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Instinctively he should have pounced on the ball. I'd would have been pissed if RW didn't in that situation.
....and RW would have and has in the past.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2hs7o5g0 said:
Hawk_Nation":2hs7o5g0 said:

I wouldn't either. The NFCS division games are always a tough out. These teams really, really don't like each other and Tampa has been bad for so long they actually have a lot of talent across the board. I could see them making a push for second in the division this year.
I'm not sure I see Atlanta or the Saints winning the division over Tampa Bay, but if you say so....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Carolina should win the division but Tampa might push them a bit. I can see them making the playoffs if things break right for them. Atlanta and New Orleans have issues.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":qwej8xq4 said:
kobebryant":qwej8xq4 said:
Sports Hernia":qwej8xq4 said:

My only concern for Cam would be any lingering locker room issues or lack of respect from his teammates as a fallout of not hitting the deck for that fumble - that does not go over well in a room full of alpha tough guys.

It's a non-issue man. Cam sacrifices his body unlike any quarterback before him, and his teammates know that. Greg Olsen said as much right after the Super Bowl. Not diving on the ball was a brain fart moment, which happens in a game where split second decisions are made. The Panthers have one of the strongest locker rooms in the league. Trust me when I say it's a non-issue.

I hear ya, but... teams, players, and coaches always put up a united front except for in exceptional circumstances. Heck, Pete and the players said Percy was a good dude, and then one day he was a New York Jet for pennies on the dollar.

Obviously Cam isn't Percy, but rhetoric from the locker room has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Athletes are some of the most prideful and macho people in the world. Guys who play a physical game in the trenches, who don't get camera time, and don't touch the ball will have a very very hard time reconciling that soft look from their QB. Steve Smith swung on Kenny Lucas for less.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
kobebryant":32iw1k4k said:
Cary Kollins":32iw1k4k said:
kobebryant":32iw1k4k said:
Sports Hernia":32iw1k4k said:

I hear ya, but... teams, players, and coaches always put up a united front except for in exceptional circumstances. Heck, Pete and the players said Percy was a good dude, and then one day he was a New York Jet for pennies on the dollar.

Obviously Cam isn't Percy, but rhetoric from the locker room has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Athletes are some of the most prideful and macho people in the world. Guys who play a physical game in the trenches, who don't get camera time, and don't touch the ball will have a very very hard time reconciling that soft look from their QB. Steve Smith swung on Kenny Lucas for less.

I agree with everything you're saying, but Cam isn't that guy. You're talking about a quarterback sacrificing his body, somersaulting into the endzone, lowering his shoulder into linebackers, hell throwing blocks week after week. There are lots of articles about the Panthers locker room from last year. It's not a front. I've been in the Panthers locker room post game. It really is like a family, as cliché as it sounds.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cool, Cary.

I have zero reason not to believe you :irishdrinkers:

And anything lingering, if at all, SB loss related is and will be impossible to quantify anyway. Though the only momentum, positive or negative, that I believe in is in terms of the laws of physics.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
kobebryant":ed5uvwjq said:
Cool, Cary.

And anything lingering, if at all, SB loss related is and will be impossible to quantify anyway. Though the only momentum, positive or negative, that I believe in is in terms of the laws of physics.

Yeah I know there's a lot of talk about a SB hangover, and Rivera touched on it during OTAs. From everything I've read, it really doesn't appear like there's going to be a "hangover". Rivera is really pushing the "blank slate" message. We'll see how well it goes two months from today :0190l:

chris98251

Reaction score
A lot easier delivering a blow and lowering your shoulder into someone on a block then standing in a pocket still while guys running full speed unload on you, there are many more QB that take a lot more punishment then Newton has, he chooses to take that on which is fine, Wilson does the same thing but is smart enough to limit the big heats to date. Immobile QB's that stand in the pocket take much bigger hits. We give Brady a bad time but he is one tough dude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1kev7e0a said:
kobebryant":1kev7e0a said:
Cool, Cary.

Yeah I know there's a lot of talk about a SB hangover, and Rivera touched on it during OTAs. From everything I've read, it really doesn't appear like there's going to be a "hangover". Rivera is really pushing the "blank slate" message. We'll see how well it goes two months from today :0190l:
Yeah, that's what the Hawks were saying last year at this time too.
I can see it going south in a real hurry if things don't go Cam's way and he goes into pouting/towel mode.