Lotsa Favorable Calls ..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
irocdave":3jct9qwe said:
Scorpion05":3jct9qwe said:
We did not get "favorable" calls. Stop listening to the outside noise. Just because Chris Collinsworth doesn't call out the missed calls for us doesn't mean it didn't happen

On the Paul Richardson catch, it could be argued the defender was not playing the ball and was interfering. Therefore, offsetting penalties

On the Russell Wilson block in the back, by NFL rule it was not technically a block in the back

On the pass interference, I give that. But that assumes the defender would have been able to dive for the catch and maintain possession. I highly doubt that

We won fair and square. Haters can cry about it

Hawks got away with several non calls. Minimize it all you want, they did. Rawls rushing td for example. Notice the blatant hold by Ifedi on the slow mo replay? The pass down the sideline against the Hawks and the Hawks D back pinned the receivers arm down.. that's PI, guy probably wouldn't have caught the ball but he would have put a hand on it if the grab didn't happen. PRich's great TD grab...obvious facemask as well as DPI. Should have been a replay of down.

Hawks got the benefit of the doubt tonight on penalties, if you don't think so you need to take the homer glasses off. I hate seeing this as it seems the Hawks are always in some controversial call situation that some believe impacts the outcome. Not the Hawks fault, it's the referees fault but still. This team just cant escape controversy.

Hawks will not get those calls verse Atlanta.

And numerous posters have pointed out calls missed on the other side as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There were plenty of helmet to helmet hits by the Lions that were uncalled. Rawls had to leave the game after one of them. In the end, the referees didn't impact the outcome. The teams did.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":28tza5p5 said:
We did not get "favorable" calls. Stop listening to the outside noise. Just because Chris Collinsworth doesn't call out the missed calls for us doesn't mean it didn't happen

On the Paul Richardson catch, it could be argued the defender was not playing the ball and was interfering. Therefore, offsetting penalties

On the Russell Wilson block in the back, by NFL rule it was not technically a block in the back

On the pass interference, I give that. But that assumes the defender would have been able to dive for the catch and maintain possession. I highly doubt that

Mod Edit for name calling.

I think Seattle would have won regardless but the refs did the Lions no favors.

ivotuk

Reaction score
irocdave":qdm10cif said:
Scorpion05":qdm10cif said:

Hawks got away with several non calls. Minimize it all you want, they did. Rawls rushing td for example. Notice the blatant hold by Ifedi on the slow mo replay? The pass down the sideline against the Hawks and the Hawks D back pinned the receivers arm down.. that's PI, guy probably wouldn't have caught the ball but he would have put a hand on it if the grab didn't happen. PRich's great TD grab...obvious facemask as well as DPI. Should have been a replay of down.

Hawks got the benefit of the doubt tonight on penalties, if you don't think so you need to take the homer glasses off. I hate seeing this as it seems the Hawks are always in some controversial call situation that some believe impacts the outcome. Not the Hawks fault, it's the referees fault but still. This team just cant escape controversy.

Hawks will not get those calls verse Atlanta.

Another one sided post. You neglect to mention all of the non calls against Detroit.

Here's why we won, 161 yards rushing. Russell Wilson mistake free passing. Detroit bad passes, 1 right to Shead, and drops by the Lions. Has little to do with the referees.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Whatever, make more plays. The refs let the teams play. We'll come out pretty well in those types of games.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3ofrlkfp said:
Scorpion05":3ofrlkfp said:

I know you are a homer but if those calls went the other way you would be absolutely furious.

They also did Seattle no favors on several occasions.

Literally a non factor in the end. Not sure why there is a thread about it honestly.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I have been complaining about the refs screwing Seahawks sometimes so in all honesty it has to be said that this refereeing was very onesided. Against the Lions. I don't think it decided the game but I can sure see why some Lions fans see it that way.

I just hope there won't be a backlash next Saturday...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3d3y8wye said:
Scorpion05":3d3y8wye said:

I know you are a homer but if those calls went the other way you would be absolutely furious.

Oh give me a break

Homer? I have never, and I mean N-E-V-E-R, heard NFL fans complain when the Seahawks get screwed on calls. Ever

For whatever reason, we are one of the most hated teams in the league. I remember when there was a pass interference on Kearse in the Falcons game that would have sealed the TD and put the game away. No one cared about that, they only cared about the non-calls on us

People hyper scrutinize and focus when the refs miss a call that would have worked against us. I'm tired of it, so I don't care. The very people telling me I'm a homer are the same people who would be bashing the Seahawks if every one of those calls were against us instead

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3iopktg9 said:
Scorpion05":3iopktg9 said:

See my response above to another poster^. The way people perceive calls against the Seahawks, and ONLY the Seahawks is absolute bs

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2jex010j said:
There were plenty of helmet to helmet hits by the Lions that were uncalled. Rawls had to leave the game after one of them. In the end, the referees didn't impact the outcome. The teams did.
I'm guessing that you need to go read the rules on helmet-to-helmet hits.

The vast majority are not infractions of the rules.

253hawk

Reaction score
H2H is only a penalty against QBs in the pocket and defenseless receivers. That's it. Against any ball carrier in the open field like that, it's unsporting and dangerous but legal.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
253hawk":1sm6xtp9 said:
H2H is only a penalty against QBs in the pocket and defenseless receivers. That's it. Against any ball carrier in the open field like that, it's unsporting and dangerous but legal.

Just rewatched the highlights of the run, I was mistaken - it looks like a clean hit. I thought it was a straight helmet to helmet but it wasn't. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18429208

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3h7db172 said:
253hawk":3h7db172 said:

Just rewatched the highlights of the run, I was mistaken - it looks like a clean hit. I thought it was a straight helmet to helmet but it wasn't. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18429208

Regardless, helmet to helmet is not a penalty on a RB like 253 said.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1tzfilw3 said:
hawkfan68":1tzfilw3 said:
253hawk":1tzfilw3 said:

Regardless, helmet to helmet is not a penalty on a RB like 253 said.
I thought that crown-to-earhole or crown-to-face is a penalty all day every day. (Not saying that's what happened to Rawls, but countering your claim that H-t-H isn't a penalty against RBs. Sometimes it is.)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, where was the call on the obvious facemask after Richardson's catch?
Or the numerous non calls on blatant holding against Avril and Bennett?
Or the numerous non calls on false starts by the Detroit O Lineman?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Detroit isn't even blaming the refs, just posters on this board keeping something alive that the Lions have already forgotten about.

It;s popular to bitch about any Seahawks fouls, real or preceived, in the NFL. Mostly by people that have no idea what happened during the entire 60. They are cherry picking from a few seconds here or there that bolsters their argument.

Last night on Monday QB the host insinuated that Atlanta lost the game because of an uncalled PI. Right....

There are a few egregious games that were unfairly called, Superbowel XL for example where Ben R. and the referee both admitted it.

But to blame these games on the referees, that sounds like sour grapes and is an argument made by unhappy people

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":37yf769h said:
Detroit isn't even blaming the refs, just posters on this board keeping something alive that the Lions have already forgotten about.

It;s popular to bitch about any Seahawks fouls, real or preceived, in the NFL. Mostly by people that have no idea what happened during the entire 60. They are cherry picking from a few seconds here or there that bolsters their argument.

Last night on Monday QB the host insinuated that Atlanta lost the game because of an uncalled PI. Right....

There are a few egregious games that were unfairly called, Superbowel XL for example where Ben R. and the referee both admitted it.

But to blame these games on the referees, that sounds like sour grapes and is an argument made by unhappy people

This is Seattle, being unhappy is normal, look outside partly sunny or partly cloudy, it gives everyone a bitch session every day.

Latest posts