Luck was great. The officiating was the worst i've seen.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2jukk8ut said:
1. For us to have further success this season, the offense needs to learn how to freakin finish a drive once they cross the 50 yard line.

2. Russell needs to hit Golden on that long pass near the end of the half for a TD, elite QBs don't miss throws like.

3. The safety/non-touchdown was a huge call, and the colts blocked FG/TD was tough to take.

4. Some of the PI calls were ridiculous, if anything, the one on Sherm should have been a no call.

5. Defense still needs to learn how to close out games, thought that was solved during the Texans game, but still is a problem for us.

Sums it all up

lobohawk

Reaction score
Feels tough because it seems almost more the Hawks lost, than the Colts beat them. Not to say that the Colts didn't take advantage when they could and that the Colts didn't have their own oopsies (a few dropped passes and blocked punt pretty much it).

The Hawks had quite a few more
- not getting the TD on the blocked punt
- allowing the blocked FG for a TD
- Russell's missed TD to Tate
- broken coverage on their first TD
- bad PI on Browner to let them out of deep in their end of the field (would have been 3rd and +15)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFL Fan":2o0n8yx6 said:
rainger":2o0n8yx6 said:
rainger":2o0n8yx6 said:
I agree with you totaly regarding the refs I was saying the same thing during the game. Every year the scheduling, the game ref calling etc etc makes me less confident that all is totally on the up and up on the NFL.

I truly think the league and the networks want certain teams to win. I know I am going to get dumped on by some one for this statement but it sure looks like it each year and I don't just mean the Hawks I see it with lots of games not just ours.

You watch. Carey will do everything in his power to make sure that 40 whiners win this game, because that is what the league and NFL wants. Any time the Texans get it going against the 9ers I guarantee something will be called.

Fans that resort to conspiracy theories are lame. The league makes the most money when things are tight between teams. Idiot.

Fans that dont believe the NFL has a vested interest in certain outcomes are equally lame.

sliv

Reaction score
NFL Fan":2xesf6fq said:
rainger":2xesf6fq said:
rainger":2xesf6fq said:
I agree with you totaly regarding the refs I was saying the same thing during the game. Every year the scheduling, the game ref calling etc etc makes me less confident that all is totally on the up and up on the NFL.

I truly think the league and the networks want certain teams to win. I know I am going to get dumped on by some one for this statement but it sure looks like it each year and I don't just mean the Hawks I see it with lots of games not just ours.

You watch. Carey will do everything in his power to make sure that 40 whiners win this game, because that is what the league and NFL wants. Any time the Texans get it going against the 9ers I guarantee something will be called.

Fans that resort to conspiracy theories are lame. The league makes the most money when things are tight between teams. Idiot.

Your the freaking idiot db, calls were bad and Colts have some karma tax to pay when it comes to penalties in the future but that's it about that.................... anyway you have to overcome bad officiating and not use it as an excuse if you want to win it all. The made more big plays when it mattered that's why we lost, great teams overcome adversity such as bad calls. Hopefully this turns out to be a blessing and a growth moment for our young team.

sliv

Reaction score
lobohawk":37pzjl35 said:
Feels tough because it seems almost more the Hawks lost, than the Colts beat them. Not to say that the Colts didn't take advantage when they could and that the Colts didn't have their own oopsies (a few dropped passes and blocked punt pretty much it).

- bad PI on Browner to let them out of deep in their end of the field (would have been 3rd and +15)
I also think if you call Sherman on DPI then you have to call that dude that was hanging all over Sydney at the end of the game if you can't admit that then you are a biased little homer.....that is all!!!

Rainger

Reaction score
NFL Fan":3608udjs said:
rainger":3608udjs said:
rainger":3608udjs said:

The NFL makes no extra money because a game is close "Idiot". The NFL and the networks make more money by who and what TV coverage area teams are in the post season. The schedule and team pairings is ALL about getting certain teams in high TV coverage areas in the prime time and the playoffs. The only idiots are those who can't see that.

birdman5

Reaction score
BamKam":k7jqzg3s said:
THUGCAPS":k7jqzg3s said:
If you say the refs didn't cost us the game, you are blind

The refs didn't cost us the game. Not getting touchdowns and terrible defense on 3rd down cost us the game. Hats off to Luck too he looked elite today.

Not getting touchdowns? That is precisely the point. Tate scored one, the refs took it away on a phony OPI. The 12 men on the field call was just pure stupidity, and made a TD drive much more difficult. Those are the 2 that I have the biggest beef with. The other PI's I can live with as judgment calls. Actually I can live with them all, as long as we don't get jobbed like that in the BIG ONE again!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
If you are going to call offensive PI, it better be freaking obvious and flagrant. It was neither.

Rainger

Reaction score
Well I have been permanently banned from tapatalk because I responded to someone who called me an idiot by referring to same. Just like in the NFL the guy who throws the second punch gets the penalty. I didn't even post it from tapatalk.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Every one keeps saying how good Luck was and how bad Russ was today? Russell and Luck had the same passing numbers today accept for the desperation heave at the end.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
That alleged "push-off" by Tate was nothing less than great athleticism (with an awe-inspiring backward "launch" to catch the ball). I mean, as the official saw it, it HAD to be a push-off.

NO WAY is Tate able to throw himself backward to catch the ball.

The refs (clearly) kept the Colts in the game.

But,...........the Seahawks needed to play flawless ball (to circumvent the referees),....and they did not.

It was a great game flawed by obviously horrid officiating.

On to the Titans.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sliv":r4qi4k19 said:
lobohawk":r4qi4k19 said:

I also think if you call Sherman on DPI then you have to call that dude that was hanging all over Sydney at the end of the game if you can't admit that then you are a biased little homer.....that is all!!!

The problem on that non-call DPI is typical of ignorant, self-serving over-then under zealous officials. Too frequently we see these asshats get towards the end of a game, THEN decide to let the teams play. The cliché being "They don't want to influence the outcome of the game". Bullsh*t. Someone needs to point out to these incompetents that EVERY minute is critical in every game. Their mentality is "well, we've been throwing flags all afternoon, let's let these guys play out the last 2 minutes". Well, that's just great IF your the team that has the F'n lead and/or ball.

If you're going to call something (real) at 11:20 in the 2nd qtr, you must make that same call with 1:30 left in the game. No minute is more important than another in football. A-holes.

Congrats to Indy. Regardless of the blown calls and non-calls, they played with heart and should be proud of the win.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":1oi607ur said:
THUGCAPS":1oi607ur said:
If you say the refs didn't cost us the game, you are blind

It had nothing to do with the "Legion of Boom" getting toasted.

Much easier to get "toasted" when one sided PI's continue drive after drive after drive...

C-Dub

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3lvbw5g9 said:
Every one keeps saying how good Luck was and how bad Russ was today? Russell and Luck had the same passing numbers today accept for the desperation heave at the end.
Plus an extra 100 yards rushing.

Stats for the week: Russell >> Luck

keasley45

Reaction score
C-Dub":s711vwe6 said:
brimsalabim":s711vwe6 said:

i guess if you are just looking at the stats...
i love russ just as much as anybody, but Luck made every play he needed to make whether with his legs or with his arm. his passes were ridiculously accurate, and when the game was on the line, he performed. Russ's stats look good, but he wasn't on today.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
keasley45":2gl5atfs said:
C-Dub":2gl5atfs said:
brimsalabim":2gl5atfs said:

i guess if you are just looking at the stats...
i love russ just as much as anybody, but Luck made every play he needed to make whether with his legs or with his arm. his passes were ridiculously accurate, and when the game was on the line, he performed. Russ's stats look good, but he wasn't on today.

It clearly was Russ' fault that Lynch dropped a fourth quarter touchdown pass that hit him in the hands.... :roll:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
7 pages on shit that doesn't matter. Games over.

Can we lock this thread now? It's making Seattle fans look like jokers and/or sore losers.

formido

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1c9jui0n said:
7 pages on shit that doesn't matter. Games over.

Can we lock this thread now? It's making Seattle fans look like jokers and/or sore losers.

Nah, even Colts fans knew something was up.

This was posted by a Colts fan in the game thread on r/nfl and voted up to 30-something:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1n ... is/ccm9p3m

It's true that fans love to complain about officiating. That doesn't mean all complaining is equally valid or that it's not possible to tell which is which. And officiating matters.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2d1vofyb said:
Did the refs call a punt recovery for a TD a safety? Yes.

Did the refs call OPI on Tate wrongly? Yes

DId the refs call DPI when Hilton and Sherman were battling and it should've been a no call? Yes

Did the refs let the Colts player hook Rice and pull him back so that he could bat down the ball? Yes

Is Ron Winter's crew one of the absolute worst in the game? Yes.

You know, I'm not one to usually gripe much about officiating (I usually fall on the side of, we should have simply played better) ... but MAN there were some complete crap calls in this game that were dead obvious.

The Punt Recovery for a Safety ... I have to admit I agree with Mike Perreria about that one (that it was a pretty borderline call that could go either way). The others though, HOLY COW!

That OPI on Golden Tate in the 2nd Period? That was complete garbage. I don't know that I've seen any referee crew call that before today. No way that was a penalty.

The DPI on Sherman -- absolutely right. Should have been a no call. How in the world do you call that ... and then DON'T call what should have been a holding penalty on the Colts DB on Sidney Rice that allowed the defender there to knock the ball away. That was a critical 3rd Down on Seattle's very last drive that would have (should have) given us a 1st Down.

I just got through watching the 2nd Quarter and there was another obvious non-call there on a 3rd down and 3. Baldwin had Vontae Davis jump all over his back before the ball ever got to him ... and there was no flag. That was a no brainer call that didn't get called.

Sure Seattle made some stupid mental mistakes such as allowing TY Hilton to get a free release on that 73 Yd TD ... and allowing a FG to get blocked and returned for a TD ... BUT those penalties (and non-calls) were huge in this game and helped to really seal the deal.