Luck was great. The officiating was the worst i've seen.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2oj6p1sx said:
Every one keeps saying how good Luck was and how bad Russ was today? Russell and Luck had the same passing numbers today accept for the desperation heave at the end.

You won't read from me calling Luck "elite" today, nor Wilson. That said Luck had the key completions, but Indy was (very) beatable today.

We will regroup and adjust back in our cage. Lots of football left.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2c84boij said:
Sarlacc83":2c84boij said:
Did the refs call a punt recovery for a TD a safety? Yes.

Did the refs call OPI on Tate wrongly? Yes

DId the refs call DPI when Hilton and Sherman were battling and it should've been a no call? Yes

Did the refs let the Colts player hook Rice and pull him back so that he could bat down the ball? Yes

Is Ron Winter's crew one of the absolute worst in the game? Yes.

You know, I'm not one to usually gripe much about officiating (I usually fall on the side of, we should have simply played better) ... but MAN there were some complete crap calls in this game that were dead obvious.

The Punt Recovery for a Safety ... I have to admit I agree with Mike Perreria about that one (that it was a pretty borderline call that could go either way). The others though, HOLY COW!

That OPI on Golden Tate in the 2nd Period? That was complete garbage. I don't know that I've seen any referee crew call that before today. No way that was a penalty.

The DPI on Sherman -- absolutely right. Should have been a no call. How in the world do you call that ... and then DON'T call what should have been a holding penalty on the Colts DB on Sidney Rice that allowed the defender there to knock the ball away. That was a critical 3rd Down on Seattle's very last drive that would have (should have) given us a 1st Down.

I just got through watching the 2nd Quarter and there was another obvious non-call there on a 3rd down and 3. Baldwin had Vontae Davis jump all over his back before the ball ever got to him ... and there was no flag. That was a no brainer call that didn't get called.

Sure Seattle made some stupid mental mistakes such as allowing TY Hilton to get a free release on that 73 Yd TD ... and allowing a FG to get blocked and returned for a TD ... BUT those penalties (and non-calls) were huge in this game and helped to really seal the deal.

Exactly.

I wish most fans, Seahawks fans and Colts fans alike, could see this for what it really is. That most fans are not ignoring the missed opportunities and lack of execution. Every mistake will get dissected and report cards will be handed out with pages of bad grades.

But to say the officiating didn't have outcome on the game is ridiculous statement... fact is we don't know if better officiating would have ended in Seahawks win. But we sure as hell know we walked out of their with a loss.

And I agree with your point... to me its not about the penalties and how the calls changed the game... it was about the premise of the referees making those call and being consistent with them.

Don't call PI on Tate for shIts and giggles then allow Colts WR to be physical and push-off on several plays extending drives.

Don't call PI on Sherman and Browner then let Colts DBs commit more egregious interference and the refs look the other way.

REFEREEING WASN'T THE ONLY REASON WE LOST THE GAME. I'M PRETTY SURE A MAJORITY OF FANS KNOW THIS BUT WHEN LOOK AT MOMENTUM SHIFTS AND MORALE IT WASN'T JUST A MINOR SIGNIFICANCE THAT DIDN'T PLAY A ROLL IN THE OUTCOME.

Its hard to beat a good team, yourselves, and the officials on the road for the 2nd consecutive 10 am start in a row down 4/6 of your best Offensive Linemen...any day of the week.

Yet, the Seahawks were only a TD from winning this game. Pretty effin Amazing if you asked me.

This team will move forward, and ill cheer for them just as much ever, and believe in them just as much as ever.

Go 'Hawks.

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
Hawkpower":22ajbi1z said:
NFL Fan":22ajbi1z said:
rainger":22ajbi1z said:
rainger":22ajbi1z said:
I agree with you totaly regarding the refs I was saying the same thing during the game. Every year the scheduling, the game ref calling etc etc makes me less confident that all is totally on the up and up on the NFL.

I truly think the league and the networks want certain teams to win. I know I am going to get dumped on by some one for this statement but it sure looks like it each year and I don't just mean the Hawks I see it with lots of games not just ours.

You watch. Carey will do everything in his power to make sure that 40 whiners win this game, because that is what the league and NFL wants. Any time the Texans get it going against the 9ers I guarantee something will be called.

Fans that resort to conspiracy theories are lame. The league makes the most money when things are tight between teams. Idiot.

Fans that dont believe the NFL has a vested interest in certain outcomes are equally lame.

So what benefit does the NFL have from cheating to make the Colts beat Seattle? Sports will make the most sane people totally irrational. The NFL, a multi billion dollar a year industry is not going to have their refs cheat so that the Colts can beat the Seahawks.

The Seahawks lost because Dick Sherman got destroyed. Brandon Browner got destroyed.

themunn

Reaction score
The delay of game penalty on the final series that wiped out a 3/4 yards pass that would have given us 3rd and 6 instead turned into 2 and 15.
Honestly I was watching the playclock thinking "they're going to get a delay here if they're not quick", but then watched as they snapped it as the clock was changing from 1 to 0. Honestly was the most instantaneous flag I've ever seen (given they say it's usually half a second to the offense as the ref looks at the playclock then the ball to see if it's snapped). True, the clock definitely hit zero before it was snapped, but we're talking by maybe a quarter second.

I thought that - like many other calls - was very ticky tacky

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
This is the last thing I'm going to bring up regarding the officiating and then I'm moving on.

Can you guys do me a favor? Can someone go back to that 12 Men in the Huddle penalty that was called in the 3rd Quarter and look at that for me? The comment from the commentator was something like, "I guess we'll have to trust Ron Winter's crew on this one." Pete Carroll was absolutely incensed -- you could see him screaming on the sideline about it. When I go back and look at the tape coming out of the huddle ... I keep coming up with 10. I've looked at that 3 or 4 times now and I keep coming up with 10. I don't see 12 guys at all. What do your eyes see? It's around the 9:42 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They lost the game because they settled for a bunch of FG's, can't do that on the road. They are 4-1, w/3 games under the belt on the road. Very nice start to the season. They'll be fine.

Some bad calls, sure, but the reason they lost? Nope

aawolf

Reaction score
I'm not going to blame the loss completely on the officials, but there were some head-scratchers. The only legit PI that I saw was the one on Browner v. Reggie Wayne. While close, it was a legit call. The one against Sherman was close as well and Hilton did a total flop-job, but I'm not too mad about it. The Offensive PI against Tate, though, was the worst call for PI I've ever seen. Also, if your going to call PI on us, you need to call it against them when they tackle our guys in the end-zone. That is all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt there were some brutal calls, brutal. But, they settled for a bunch of FG's, way too much of the blame game going on. They got beat, Indy made the plays. Move on and get ready for the Titans.
You are right about the Tate call, one of the worst calls of all time. Not the reason they lost of course, but that was next level.

themunn

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1n4e0rcj said:
This is the last thing I'm going to bring up regarding the officiating and then I'm moving on.

Can you guys do me a favor? Can someone go back to that 12 Men in the Huddle penalty that was called in the 3rd Quarter and look at that for me? The comment from the commentator was something like, "I guess we'll have to trust Ron Winter's crew on this one." Pete Carroll was absolutely incensed -- you could see him screaming on the sideline about it. When I go back and look at the tape coming out of the huddle ... I keep coming up with 10. I've looked at that 3 or 4 times now and I keep coming up with 10. I don't see 12 guys at all. What do your eyes see? It's around the 9:42 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

I think you might be right there.
I took this off of gamepass, couldn't quite make it out from the huddle, but the picture on the right is about 1.5 seconds after they break the huddle

28ip8iw

Definitely only 11 men there, unless someone ran out of the huddle before the replay started, but will need all-22 to see that for certain

Largent80

Reaction score
RW overthrowing a very wide open Tate lost the game.

"invisible" PI calls lost the game.

The LOB looking very bad lost the game.

We lost.

Next team UP.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, they had won 9 straight regular season games before yesterday, NINE. That's one hell of a streak, this is a damn good team. They'll learn from it and it will make them a better team, no doubt.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I am torn here. I think the officiating was terrible on the PI calls against us and lack of PI calls against the Colts. However, I am a firm believer that you should not set yourself up to be a victim....do not put yourself in a position where poor officiating can rob you of a win. Score some TDs instead of field goals and then you don't have to worry.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I truly think the league and the networks want certain teams to win. I know I am going to get dumped on by some one for this statement but it sure looks like it each year and I don't just mean the Hawks I see it with lots of games not just ours.

_________________[/quote]
You watch. Carey will do everything in his power to make sure that 40 whiners win this game, because that is what the league and NFL wants. Any time the Texans get it going against the 9ers I guarantee something will be called.[/quote]

Fans that resort to conspiracy theories are lame. The league makes the most money when things are tight between teams. Idiot.[/quote]

Fans that dont believe the NFL has a vested interest in certain outcomes are equally lame.[/quote]

So what benefit does the NFL have from cheating to make the Colts beat Seattle? Sports will make the most sane people totally irrational. The NFL, a multi billion dollar a year industry is not going to have their refs cheat so that the Colts can beat the Seahawks.

The Seahawks lost because Dick Sherman got destroyed. Brandon Browner got destroyed.[/quote]

I didnt say the NFL fixed THIS game. That was just piss poor officiating. Enjoy the gift.

I stated that the NFL has a vested interest in certain outcomes.

I could trot out a bunch of examples, but something tells me you will somehow relate it to Browner getting "toasted" so I'll save my breath lol

Browncoat

Reaction score
The offense wasn't converting opportunities into touchdowns, plain and simple. To walk away with 12 points on the board instead of 28 is a pretty big deal.

Yeah, there were some bad ref calls (and no-calls) in this game. But you'll have bad officiating, and I've seen far worse than this. If Seattle wants to play hard and rough, they're going to get called for it. But I don't blame the officiating for this loss, no way.

On paper, Wilson and Luck had comparable numbers. But on the field, Wilson was unable to make throws because the O-Line was again terrible. The offense never fell into any kind of rhythm, and Wilson made more plays with his feet than his arm. Again. You're not going to win games against tough teams that way.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
themunn":251aypx0 said:
Hawkscanner":251aypx0 said:

I took this off of gamepass, couldn't quite make it out from the huddle, but the picture on the right is about 1.5 seconds after they break the huddle

28ip8iw

Definitely only 11 men there, unless someone ran out of the huddle before the replay started, but will need all-22 to see that for certain
I tried counting them and I see only 11 in both. Maybe someone could blow the pic up bigger to see for sure.

DericLee

Reaction score
Kixkahn":q7oghhq0 said:
themunn":q7oghhq0 said:
Hawkscanner":q7oghhq0 said:

28ip8iw

I tried counting them and I see only 11 in both. Maybe someone could blow the pic up bigger to see for sure.

All 22 is not up yet.

Just from the broadcast replay you can actually see Winters pointing his finger at the huddle, counting off players, then he throws his flag.

At no time from reaching for his flag, to when he started counting, where there more then 11 Seahawks on that field.

Ref's need to get fired if they suck this bad this consistently.

Reference photo's

Reaches for Flag

Untitled 1

Starts Counting

Untitled 2

Still Counting
Untitled 3

Throws Flag
Untitled 4 1

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I get the rationale, but this is the NFL. A few plays always determine most games. This isn't Wazzu playing Idaho.

WmHBonney":3uufzvxy said:
I am torn here. I think the officiating was terrible on the PI calls against us and lack of PI calls against the Colts. However, I am a firm believer that you should not set yourself up to be a victim....do not put yourself in a position where poor officiating can rob you of a win. Score some TDs instead of field goals and then you don't have to worry.

hawker84

Reaction score
Teqneek":3m26c2hl said:
hawker84":3m26c2hl said:
drastik":3m26c2hl said:
Russell Wilson needs to start stepping it up. He won't get to play the jaguars every week...

are you flippin serious? what more would you like him to do? run routes get open and throw to himself.. if anyone needs to step up its Rice, he didn't even make an effort to come back for that last pass, he gets no seperation. i'll take kearse over him any day at this point.

to say RW needs to step it up is just silly...

Hes suppose to cut back and over a Defending hooking and jumping in front of him? .... Holy moly batman

WTF are you even talking about.. Rice wasn't touched on the play, he stood there and watched the DB cut in front of him and make the pick.. zero effort to go back to the ball.. Try watching the game before you post, might help....

Latest posts