Luck was great. The officiating was the worst i've seen.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
DericLee":3bj5p6sv said:
Kixkahn":3bj5p6sv said:
themunn":3bj5p6sv said:
Hawkscanner":3bj5p6sv said:
This is the last thing I'm going to bring up regarding the officiating and then I'm moving on.

Can you guys do me a favor? Can someone go back to that 12 Men in the Huddle penalty that was called in the 3rd Quarter and look at that for me? The comment from the commentator was something like, "I guess we'll have to trust Ron Winter's crew on this one." Pete Carroll was absolutely incensed -- you could see him screaming on the sideline about it. When I go back and look at the tape coming out of the huddle ... I keep coming up with 10. I've looked at that 3 or 4 times now and I keep coming up with 10. I don't see 12 guys at all. What do your eyes see? It's around the 9:42 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

I think you might be right there.
I took this off of gamepass, couldn't quite make it out from the huddle, but the picture on the right is about 1.5 seconds after they break the huddle

28ip8iw

Definitely only 11 men there, unless someone ran out of the huddle before the replay started, but will need all-22 to see that for certain
I tried counting them and I see only 11 in both. Maybe someone could blow the pic up bigger to see for sure.

All 22 is not up yet.

Just from the broadcast replay you can actually see Winters pointing his finger at the huddle, counting off players, then he throws his flag.

At no time from reaching for his flag, to when he started counting, where there more then 11 Seahawks on that field.

Ref's need to get fired if they suck this bad this consistently.

Reference photo's

Reaches for Flag

Untitled 1

Starts Counting

Untitled 2

Still Counting
Untitled 3

Throws Flag
Untitled 4 1

Nice job with those shots... and that's exactly what I thought. The Official said, "12 Men in the Huddle" not "12 Men on the Field." So, I certainly don't count 12. Looks like a Bogus Call to me. You can certainly see why Pete was irate. He should be.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":z6s3sftu said:
This is the last thing I'm going to bring up regarding the officiating and then I'm moving on.

Can you guys do me a favor? Can someone go back to that 12 Men in the Huddle penalty that was called in the 3rd Quarter and look at that for me? The comment from the commentator was something like, "I guess we'll have to trust Ron Winter's crew on this one." Pete Carroll was absolutely incensed -- you could see him screaming on the sideline about it. When I go back and look at the tape coming out of the huddle ... I keep coming up with 10. I've looked at that 3 or 4 times now and I keep coming up with 10. I don't see 12 guys at all. What do your eyes see? It's around the 9:42 mark in the 3rd Quarter.

There are 11 guys in the huddle and 11 guys lined up when the flag is thrown. We had 2WR,RB, Wilson and the everyone else was at the line.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Look...they were at the 30 yrd line. That means something needs to happen to move them back. Queue up a ref for a freebie.
:sarcasm_off:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Those were some of the worst calls I've ever witnessed in sports period in all my 25 years!

Needless to say, I want these boys in February.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Crazy they messed up that bad, those refs were soooooo lost yesterday.

But hey our offense missing 3 O-line starters, our TE, and Harvin, on the road, fighting incompetent refs... still put up 28(26 but point still stands)! Imagine when all is clicking. :th2thumbs:

plyka

Reaction score
rainger":wz75ydwy said:
NFL Fan":wz75ydwy said:
I agree with you totaly regarding the refs I was saying the same thing during the game. Every year the scheduling, the game ref calling etc etc makes me less confident that all is totally on the up and up on the NFL.

I truly think the league and the networks want certain teams to win. I know I am going to get dumped on by some one for this statement but it sure looks like it each year and I don't just mean the Hawks I see it with lots of games not just ours.

You watch. Carey will do everything in his power to make sure that 40 whiners win this game, because that is what the league and NFL wants. Any time the Texans get it going against the 9ers I guarantee something will be called.

Fans that resort to conspiracy theories are lame. The league makes the most money when things are tight between teams. Idiot.
The NFL makes no extra money because a game is close "Idiot". The NFL and the networks make more money by who and what TV coverage area teams are in the post season. The schedule and team pairings is ALL about getting certain teams in high TV coverage areas in the prime time and the playoffs. The only idiots are those who can't see that.

I think everyone throwing insults around need to calm down. The NFL makes the most money if things are FAIR. They have a vested interest in it. Otherwise, they turn into the WWF. There is no worse outcome for the NFL than to be known to be cheaters. If they are cheating, then it comes out. Retired refs or pissed off refs. How many refs has there been in the NFL? It just takes 2 or 3 of them coming out and saying that hte NFL forced them or pushed them into a direction to give favorable calls to team X and the entire thing comes burning down to the ground. No one will watch a league they know to be cheating on a wide scale, and there is no way to keep such a thing quiet.

The only chance there is of Refs intentionally making biased calls is if they themselves have money on the line. If someone gets to them and offers them a million bucks to do X, there is a chance that a specific Ref cheats. It is HIGHLY unlikely though that it is a league wide conspiracy.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3i5heucc said:
Officiating was crap yeah.. but haven't seen this defense look that bad since the first half against Atlanta.
Great QBs can do that to any defence on any given Sunday. The D was actually tremendous until they went no huddle. We're going to have to figure out a way to bring it better than that once teams go no huddle because a lot of playoff teams in the NFL do this (no huddle or high tempo).
-Denver
-NE
-Indi
-ATL
-NO

Hawks46

Reaction score
TJH":3gna1i21 said:
Browner lost us the game. Not the officiating.

Might as well hang Sherman out to dry as well. They each gave up a long TD pass.

That BS pass interference call on Sherman (on that come back route that had 5 ft of separation between Sherm and the WR, and the guy fell down....fans totally got that call) gave the Colts a 1st down, and they went on to score a big TD on that drive. THere was much more to this game but that singular call, if not made, probably keeps us winning.

Sad fact is, you can blame the officiating...Raible and Moon were claiming that there was only 1 official calling all the PI's on the Seahawks, but we just didn't do enough. It's not like Luck had a ton more chances than Wilson did...their line was damn near a mirror image, but Luck made throws when he had to, and Wilson consistently overthrow WRs when we needed that play.

Tate had one go right through his hands as well, and Rice has totally disappeared this season, but we just didn't do enough to win this game. I don't care how much talent this team has we still need to execute plays.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
I don't know guys I think the officiating might have been worse in the GB/Seattle game last year.

But nobody else here seems to remember that one. Weird.

themunn

Reaction score
Bartmuley":3llbhh8r said:
I don't know guys I think the officiating might have been worse in the GB/Seattle game last year.

But nobody else here seems to remember that one. Weird.

We remember fine well, but the difference is we overcame the poor decisions to get the victory we deserved. This time it cost us

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Did we do enough to win? That should be the question, not did we do enough to overcome officiating?

No team ever plays a perfect game. That is not even a realistic goal. Did we make mistakes and not capitalize on every opportunity? Yes. Did the Colts do the exact same thing? Yes. So ypu can just as easily ask did the colts do enough to win without help? My answer would be no.

The big question to me is when are we going to win a game like this and don't give me fail Mary that was one questionable call that the announcer was even saying is it a simultainious catch, as it was happening and with replacement refs. When are we going to see a game that the officials repeatedly flag our opponent for questionable or bad calls while somehow missing us for the same type of calls.

AndrewClutch

Reaction score
I like how you guys conveniently forget that the refs handed you a turnover by letting an illegal blow to the head of Luck happen on that fumble by him....

Keep crying about penalties though. It's not like your team and so called superior QB had a chance to win the game with 2 minutes left and he went out and threw an INT.

It's not like our 'inferior' QB torched your so called amazing secondary... no. It was the refs.

Your CBs play aggressive, and this is what happens when they get called. Pathetic.

Just be glad Wayne only had that 'stickum' for one play, because had he and the receivers not dropped the balls early on in the game you guys would have been blown out.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Seriously dude, that's going to be your first post?

Maybe you should go back and read the different threads on this subject.

It's obvious your only here for one reason. Cool, you got it out of the way.

Now piss off.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I think the Delay of Game penalty as we were trying to drive for the go ahead score perfectly summed up the officiating in this game. 19 out of 20 times, they will let that one slide, when it's bang-bang, clock hits zero and then the snap. The foul wasn't called by the official, it was the Indy LB who called it, then the official threw the flag.

Borderline call in favor of the home team. With the exception of the missed slap to the helmet on the forced fumble, which I only caught on replays as well, they got EVERY borderline call. And it did make a difference in the outcome.

Despite that, we have to overcome all adversities... bad calls happen when you are not a home and are not a media darling team.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
AndrewClutch":te8jf11l said:
I like how you guys conveniently forget that the refs handed you a turnover by letting an illegal blow to the head of Luck happen on that fumble by him....

Keep crying about penalties though.

:D So your point is we're crying about the officiating.... and to get over it, ok. And then you start your post complaining about a non-call by the officials....

Interesting.

76743-dumb-and-dumber-laughing-gif-J-VtJD.gif

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Yea, that's a good one. :)

It's kind of how I imagine Indy fans after the game. Just so hyped they beat us, just geeking out.

But seriously some of the Indy fans have been great, but I've never seen a handful of fans we have no connection with just hang around after a loss just being an annoyance. It's like they're upset we didn't praise them enough after the game, insecure bunch. Ok lurkers... Lucks a good QB, I like your defense. What more do you want?

You caught us with a beat up o-line, no TE, and on the road a second straight week. Enjoy your W. We'll catch you later.

Bartmuley

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":8hr6ckkz said:
Yea, that's a good one. :)

It's kind of how I imagine Indy fans after the game. Just so hyped they beat us, just geeking out.

But seriously some of the Indy fans have been great, but I've never seen a handful of fans we have no connection with just hang around after a loss just being an annoyance. It's like they're upset we didn't praise them enough after the game, insecure bunch. Ok lurkers... Lucks a good QB, I like your defense. What more do you want?

You caught us with a beat up o-line, no TE, and on the road a second straight week. Enjoy your W. We'll catch you later.

The Colts "caught" you banged up?

Huh.

Good thing the Colts didnt have any injuries I guess. Or never have to go on the road. I also love the old "blame the refs" routine going around here.

Another way of putting what happened is the Colts beat the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are a good team but the hype they got before this year and the trash Seahawks fans were (some obviously still are) talking were absurd.

You guys have a good team. You got beat by a good team. It happens.