Lynch expected to be traded

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2fkzdndh said:
I would contend that he owes us the prorated portion of his signing bonus the FO allowed him to keep when he retired (at the FO discretion of course.) Past that, I fully agree.

That's why McKenzie and Schneider are trying to work something out amicably now, so that all parties can be satisfied.

Instead of what would happen, which is Lynch just showing up here forcing our hand to release him cause we can't afford to pay him 9M (nor do we want him back), then asking for his bonus back. That's not good for anybody.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2v9j2zba said:
JustTheTip":2v9j2zba said:
I would contend that he owes us the prorated portion of his signing bonus the FO allowed him to keep when he retired (at the FO discretion of course.) Past that, I fully agree.

That's why McKenzie and Schneider are trying to work something out amicably now, so that all parties can be satisfied.

Instead of what would happen, which is Lynch just showing up here forcing our hand to release him cause we can't afford to pay him 9M (nor do we want him back), then asking for his bonus back. That's not good for anybody.

Agreed, was just pointing out what Lynch does, in fact, owe the team as of this moment. I am hoping for a resolution that works for everybody.

If things go down like you state as a possibility (which is a very real possibility) I will lose a ton of respect for Lynch.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1cq9es6h said:
Judging by the Raiders of last year, this probably puts them in the Super Bowl this year. Lynch never had as good an O-line here as he'll have there.

According to you.....
We lose Sherm and we become the Saints.
Raiders gain Lynch, and they become the SB contenders.

Yet we had both and can only win 1??

You must think our coaching staff really sucks, or you seriously overvalue the contribution of 1 of 53 players.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seattle owes Oakland a conditional 7th this season for OLB/S- Dewey McDonald for last pre-season's trade to acquire McDonald. Seattle may be able to claw this pick back along with a future pick.

classicaaron

Reaction score
im happy for both parties. if seattle can get anything out of this, even if its a 7th im happy. its better than the alternative of nothing. plus I think Lynch is washed up so not like im worried the hawks play him in the superbowl and lose because of the trade. and if Lynch somehow does have a successful season, then great for him, he deserves to go out on a high note.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Chawker":1agrdez2 said:
If Lynch comes back we will take a 9 million cap hit. We will need a little more then a 7th round pick.
No cap hit if he is traded. I would like to see a higher round pick, but doubt it gets the Hawks higher than a 6th, more likely a 7th

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hqhljzb said:
Judging by the Raiders of last year, this probably puts them in the Super Bowl this year. Lynch never had as good an O-line here as he'll have there.

I just cant picture him being that effective after the time off. Could be wrong.

nash72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":43f9tyaz said:
The Raiders are not making the Super Bowl as long as Brady is under center. Even with Lynch

I disagree. If the Raiders had Brady under center, thats where my money would go.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":bq9povzd said:
Chawker":bq9povzd said:
If Lynch comes back we will take a 9 million cap hit. We will need a little more then a 7th round pick.
No cap hit if he is traded. I would like to see a higher round pick, but doubt it gets the Hawks higher than a 6th, more likely a 7th

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is truth. We aren't going to take a single penny in cap hit for Lynch no matter what (assuming he's not on our roster, and I think that's a safe bet).

We took the hit for his signing bonus last season, and whatever his contract ends up being, it'll be as a Raider and they'll take the hit (which they can afford).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2ct1frat said:
If things go down like you state as a possibility (which is a very real possibility) I will lose a ton of respect for Lynch.

Why?

I don't begrudge the guy for wanting to play for his hometown team, and it doesn't adversely affect us.

bandiger

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yjsv8bf said:
JustTheTip":2yjsv8bf said:

Why?

I don't begrudge the guy for wanting to play for his hometown team, and it doesn't adversely affect us.

Exactly. This is Oakland's last year with a football team. Dude loves his hometown, give him the opportunity to play there.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Lose respect for Lynch?

Nah. Guy helped give us the greatest seasons in Hawk history.

It's his hometown. I have no issue with that.

Wish him well and hopefully he doesn't get hurt.

KPA

Reaction score
Let's just swap 1st round picks with Oakland. They have 24, we have 26 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctrcat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ioo8eb0 said:
The Raiders are not making the Super Bowl as long as Brady is under center. Even with Lynch

The Patriots, despite being an awful division, went a decade without a ring and won their last two via nothing short of a miracle. Brady will be a 40 year old statue next winter. Nothing is certain.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16p3qksh said:

He's on the wrong side of 30 and his first game back would be his first game since January 2016. I'll root for him, but I think this move is more to sell some tickets in a stadium that will be half-empty more than a move that puts them past New England.

Foghawk

Reaction score
If it's what Lynch wants, I hope they get a fair deal worked out for him. I'll always root for the guy, unless he's playing against the Hawks.

Beast Quake will always be one of, if not the most exhilarating football play for me as a sports fan. The way the momentum built up on that run was second to none.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion. I can't stand the Pats, but the Raiders are not knocking them out if Brady is healthy for the Pats. And the Raider D is pretty weak.