Lynch expected to be traded

ctrcat

Reaction score
KPA":2tffitcd said:
Let's just swap 1st round picks with Oakland. They have 24, we have 26 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's draft capital equal to a high 5th round pick.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":sd0n8ia6 said:
MontanaHawk05":sd0n8ia6 said:
Judging by the Raiders of last year, this probably puts them in the Super Bowl this year. Lynch never had as good an O-line here as he'll have there.

According to you.....
We lose Sherm and we become the Saints.
Raiders gain Lynch, and they become the SB contenders.

Yet we had both and can only win 1??

You must think our coaching staff really sucks, or you seriously overvalue the contribution of 1 of 53 players.

Lynch is a generational talent. A lot of people feel we only reached the SB because of him. I'm not quite there, but I do think his hard running and his chemistry with Wilson played a big role.

Chawker

Reaction score
Lynch is not a NFL player, he would first have to sign with us first before the trade could take place. This is what the local CBS news reported earlier today.
They said it would be a 9 million cap hit.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Lynch was my favorite player during the Pete Carroll Era until Wilson came along. I want Lynch to hit that 10k yards so he might get a stab at getting the Hall of Fame. Either way he owes this team nothing. Good luck Lynch, except when you play us.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Chawker":7xw5ec9u said:
Lynch is not a NFL player, he would first have to sign with us first before the trade could take place. This is what the local CBS news reported earlier today.
Actually, Seattle could trade Lynch at any time right now according to Rapoport. Trading Lynch before he reinstated would allow Lynch to forgo reinstating in the first place. The trade would essentially activate Lynch to active from my understanding of Rapoport. The issue is, Oakland wants Seattle to renegotiate Lynch's contract before a trade is made.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Per @NFL rules, if retired RB Marshawn Lynch is traded, he does not have to file a letter un-retiring. It would be a clean return to play.

Atradees

Reaction score
I would pull for an ex seahawk getting the rushing title. Only one Seahawks has done that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pcbball12":ho4vudj0 said:
Chawker":ho4vudj0 said:
Actually, Seattle could trade Lynch at any time right now according to Rapoport. Trading Lynch before he reinstated would allow Lynch to forgo reinstating in the first place. The trade would essentially activate Lynch to active from my understanding of Rapoport. The issue is, Oakland wants Seattle to renegotiate Lynch's contract before a trade is made.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Per @NFL rules, if retired RB Marshawn Lynch is traded, he does not have to file a letter un-retiring. It would be a clean return to play.

Rap also tweeted today that we gave the Raiders permission to talk to Lynch, so we don't actually need to rework the contract. The Raiders can freely negotiate with him before any trade is finalized and both the trade and the contract will be contingent on each other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Foghawk":1jt6ee7g said:
If it's what Lynch wants, I hope they get a fair deal worked out for him. I'll always root for the guy, unless he's playing against the Hawks.

Beast Quake will always be one of, if not the most exhilarating football play for me as a sports fan. The way the momentum built up on that run was second to none.
That's the way I feel. Always have mad respect for the guy because of the way he ran and was one of the key kogs to our first
Lombardi. He danced to the beat of his own drummer and didn't care who it pissed off, and I like how he gave the media the silent treatment. The guy will always be a champion in my book!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Chawker":wlfhiqs6 said:
The Hawks own his rights and contract. He is on the Retired/reserved list. His cap hit as is, would be $9m for whoever he plays for. When Hawks trade or release him, there will be no cap hit for The Hawks. Hence why the Raiders are renegotiating his contract to reduce the cap hit. And actually, yes he is an NFL player. If he were to play for the Hawks, we would still have him for 2 yrs, that's what was left on his contract.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chawker":1jj9jhdd said:

I'm thinking either you misheard what was said, or the local reporter misstated it (or was misinformed). Lynch is currently retired, but when he retired he was still under contract to us. That contract was frozen while he was retired. We did take the cap hit last year for his signing bonus, so that is off the books. If/when Lynch reinstates, his contract comes with that reinstatement. As the signing bonus is no longer a part of the cap issue, the only cap issues are with the team roster he lands on. That won't be ours, so we will see zero cap hit. The $9 million as his contract is now, is too high for his value, which is why he's been given permission to renegotiate that contract with the Raiders. Once they come to an agreement, we trade his rights and he is automatically reinstated and can sign the new deal with the raiders simultaneously.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Lynch did us one and got us a bowl. Lets do him one and send him home. nothing but love for lynch

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":jjqqor6g said:
Chawker":jjqqor6g said:

I'm thinking either you misheard what was said, or the local reporter misstated it (or was misinformed). Lynch is currently retired, but when he retired he was still under contract to us. That contract was frozen while he was retired. We did take the cap hit last year for his signing bonus, so that is off the books. If/when Lynch reinstates, his contract comes with that reinstatement. As the signing bonus is no longer a part of the cap issue, the only cap issues are with the team roster he lands on. That won't be ours, so we will see zero cap hit. The $9 million as his contract is now, is too high for his value, which is why he's been given permission to renegotiate that contract with the Raiders. Once they come to an agreement, we trade his rights and he is automatically reinstated and can sign the new deal with the raiders simultaneously.
This is correct. I'm willing to bet Seattle and Oakland have already agreed to trade compensation, now its up to Lynch and Oakland to come to terms.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't think a 7th is enough for the rights to Lynch . I wouldn't take less than a fifth and would push hard for a 4th.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IrishNW":3u4fg3p9 said:
Lynch did us one and got us a bowl. Lets do him one and send him home. nothing but love for lynch

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Lynch

nash72

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2kxmybu8 said:
I don't think a 7th is enough for the rights to Lynch . I wouldn't take less than a fifth and would push hard for a 4th.

For a 30+ year old running back with a ton of miles and hasent played for a year? You take whatever somebody would offer you and it wont be a 4th or a 5th.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3jd285t9 said:

And you would get nothing. Lynch and everyone else know Seahawks can't afford the 9 million cap hit. He applies for reinstatement and sits at home until we cut him. I expect a conditional 7th rounder in 2018. Becomes a 6th rounder if he plays a significant role this year. We get nothing if he is cut.

And, once again, hat tip to Popeye for laying out how Hawks have no leverage here.

mikeak

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1oyv4n6g said:
Northwest Seahawk":1oyv4n6g said:

And you would get nothing. Lynch and everyone else know Seahawks can't afford the 9 million cap hit. He applies for reinstatement and sits at home until we cut him. I expect a conditional 7th rounder in 2018. Becomes a 6th rounder if he plays a significant role this year. We get nothing if he is cut.

And, once again, hat tip to Popeye for laying out how Hawks have no leverage here.

There is a small amount of Seahawks leverage. We can cut Lynch the day before the season begins. That would still mean his salary would come off the books but he would have missed all training camp with Oakland, he would not have been allowed to see the playbook at all etc. I am 99% sure that Oakland would have moved on at his point.

So if Oakland wants him they will have to pay up. I agree though 6th or 7th most likely no way a 4th

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3329byxd said:

We got him for a 4th as he was just entering the prime of his career. If the raiders are willing to give us a 7th for him at this point you hurry and do the deal as fast as possible before they get smart and change their minds.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is something going on, getting rid of the hit and anything for a player that retired and came back is all bonus if you ask me.