Lynch expected to be traded

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pick swap is also a possibility. Example: Hawks' 7th for Raiders' 4th. I actually like something like this because let's say we get a 6th from the Raiders. Well, perhaps Schneider finagles a trade of our 7th and the 6th we got from Raiders for a 4th. Same end result.

TAB420

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1o595dzq said:
TAB420":1o595dzq said:
Actually, it would be like not wanting a girl you're currently dating not to date someone else...we own (the rights) to that shit. We could ask for the 2.5 to be reinstated. All the money doesn't have to be paid up front (roster bonuses.) Or, we could accept his reinstatement and trade him to the Pats.

The Pats want to trade for Lynch? Link??

The Pats would either have to want to give up draft capital AND pay Lynch 9 million this year, or Lynch would have to want to go to the Pats on a restructured deal. The Pats aren't ever going to trade for him without a restructured deal because nobody is going to give Lynch what the Seahawks owe him. So how can you trade to the Pats in this scenario if Lynch doesn't decide to restructure a deal with them? Again, the Hawks hold no cards.

As for the bonus money, this fight already happened on the current CBA with an unretired player last year (Bam Davis on the 49ers) and no money changed hands. What had been done was honored. It's really not the leverage you think it is, the NFLPA would have a field day with it, and the NFL wouldn't support it either because the Hawks would just be being vindictive with no end game and gumming up something that's good for the league (Lynch the hometown boy closing out his hometown team's run in Oakland).

The Pat's showed interest earlier, as did Lynch. He stated that he wouldn't mind playing there if the Raiders didn't work out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not sure the Pats interest was real. Just something Lynch may have said he'd consider.

TAB420

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12npaeuy said:
Not sure the Pats interest was real. Just something Lynch may have said he'd consider.

Maybe not, I heard a blurb about it on the NFL channel.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The only thing that has come out about Lynch from the Pats side is that to even consider him he'd have to be much less of a pain in the rear than he was in Seattle.

IMO an argument for them being interested in him would be stronger if they had never said anything st all about him (this reads like them explaining to their fans why not they're not interested in him).

HawkGA

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":bti9e6nc said:
Pick swap is also a possibility. Example: Hawks' 7th for Raiders' 4th. I actually like something like this because let's say we get a 6th from the Raiders. Well, perhaps Schneider finagles a trade of our 7th and the 6th we got from Raiders for a 4th. Same end result.

Interesting possibility . . . could also entail swapping within a round depending on where the Raiders draft compared to the Seahawks. They could, for example, swap first round picks and move up 2 spots . . . or something similar in other rounds.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":28qtbcpd said:
Siouxhawk":28qtbcpd said:

Interesting possibility . . . could also entail swapping within a round depending on where the Raiders draft compared to the Seahawks. They could, for example, swap first round picks and move up 2 spots . . . or something similar in other rounds.
Exactly. Seems like that might be more palatable to the Raiders, who would still have their same quota of picks. We'd just get to select someone who we potentially value more or we could use it as extra currency, trade down and pick up an additional lower-round pick. Gives us more flexibility.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If think the compensation has already be agreed upon (my opinion only) and once and Oakland have worked something out the deal will be announced.

KPA

Reaction score
Maybe the delay is because there is another player in the mix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chris98251

Reaction score
Or they are waiting to see if there are other FA signed and need to account for cap purposes once done.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Stupid question I know...but didn't Marshawn retire? Why would the Raiders need to talk to the Seahawks about it?

endzorn

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1oy46bwe said:
Stupid question I know...but didn't Marshawn retire? Why would the Raiders need to talk to the Seahawks about it?
Marshawn has to unretire to play in the NFL again. At that point his previous contract is again valid and his rights belong to the Seahawks.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Good for him
Wont take him long to get back in shape.

Many thought this would never happen. I really don't understand why this was so far fetched.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wish he would have retired (and stayed retired) a 'Hawk. That said, there's a really nice upside to this if he does go to the Raiders. Even though they were our hated rivals for years and years, it'll give him a chance not only to play for his hometown, but also add numbers to his career, which will make him all the more likely to make the Hall of Fame. If going to the Raiders in his twilight years helps this, all the better. And best bet he'll go in to the Hall of Fame as a Seahawk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like this whole dance to be over. I find myself refreshing the team news pages more times than normal for a sane person to see what the team is going to get for Lynch or not. It's annoying.

He signs with Oakland or he doesn't, the team trades him or they don't. For sure the team is not going to take a $9 million hit. So the team will either trade him or cut him if he actually unreires and Oakland doesn't sign him. A late round pick is all that will be seen by the team unless they are forced to claw back a portion of his last signing bonus.

This website used to populated by a positive group of fans but lately the negatively disposed have somehow begun to corrupt every thread by pointing out how badly they believe the team will sucks/c they haven't blown the whole off season cap on a few washed up or regularly injured OTs. Further, the FO is stupid, Pete, John, Cable, and half the players should all be fired.
Perhaps several here need to remember how crappy it was to a fan of the team back in the early 90's, and buy into the reality this team we are fans of have been deep into playoffs all but 1 season this coaching staff and FO crew have been in place.

Good to see several of the Eeyore's are practicing the recent rant, however, the sky isn't really falling. :177692:

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1x9kyq0j said:
I'd like this whole dance to be over. I find myself refreshing the team news pages more times than normal for a sane person to see what the team is going to get for Lynch or not. It's annoying.

He signs with Oakland or he doesn't, the team trades him or they don't. For sure the team is not going to take a $9 million hit. So the team will either trade him or cut him if he actually unreires and Oakland doesn't sign him. A late round pick is all that will be seen by the team unless they are forced to claw back a portion of his last signing bonus.

This website used to populated by a positive group of fans but lately the negatively disposed have somehow begun to corrupt every thread by pointing out how badly they believe the team will sucks/c they haven't blown the whole off season cap on a few washed up or regularly injured OTs. Further, the FO is stupid, Pete, John, Cable, and half the players should all be fired.
Perhaps several here need to remember how crappy it was to a fan of the team back in the early 90's, and buy into the reality this team we are fans of have been deep into playoffs all but 1 season this coaching staff and FO crew have been in place.

Good to see several of the Eeyore's are practicing the recent rant, however, the sky isn't really falling. :177692:

Hmm is this a negative post? Some how there is some irony here, just can't put my finger on it. :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2yj2fftv said:
jammerhawk":2yj2fftv said:

Hmm is this a negative post? Some how there is some irony here, just can't put my finger on it. :)

Nope, not a negative post.

We are after all talking in a thread about a 31 y.o. retired RB who left the game not exactly playing at his expected high level.

I loved Lynch when he played as a Hawk, now he's just curiously odd, and a curiousity. He hasn't played in more than a year,was one of 'our boys', but doesn't want to be anymore. Perhaps he still may have his mojo but the tires get worn badly after 30 for a RB with his style of running. This story has legs b/c it is viewed a shot for the Seahawks to get screwed if they have release his rights or for Lynch to have one more shot at a ring with his home team who is soon to be leaving town. I hope it works out for him.

I'm just saying the Lynch story has become tedious, will he, won't he, will he try to stick it to Seattle? PFT even had a thread on why won't Lynch and Oakland just try to stick to Seattle? In the end Seatle will do as above stated, Lynch will try a comeback or not, but he won't be doing it here, He's no longer a Seahawks player (thanks for the awesome memories) but they still own his rights until after next season and the great thing is if those rights get traded Seattle gets back something. That can't be negative.

There has been a fair hit of handwringing about the team screwed in this thread and elsewhere on the board this seem to be an offseason of discontent from a few vocally negative folks. To me things are actually pretty good and the team will be drafting soon. Until that happens complaining about how stupid the FO, coaching staff, etc., etc. seems to be shortsighted.

BTW, HAPPY EASTER!!! Hope the bunny brought you some chicolate

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of ... ocess-faq/

To clear up any confusion on this issue:

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No word on this lately. The closer it gets to TC the less likely it is to happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thought this trade upon un-retirement was going to happen after we heard that Lynch wanted to play again, but now money seems to be in the way and I doubt that Lynch will get what how want from the Raiders who won't pay him what he thinks is the right amount.

Much less certain this deal will happen before the draft or now at all.