OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2emma920 said:
kidhawk":2emma920 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/535181100881297409[/tweet]

Any video of his "press conference"?

It was probably just standard after practice availability. Reporters get locker room access after some practices to speak to players.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
Lol. I think its funny he got fine, and in fact i think he deserves it. He is constantly pushing his limits with all the bs he does with the team which they can't really do anything about. Good job NFL, speaking to the media is in his contract and he knows this.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":7s77haih said:
Lol. I think its funny he got fine, and in fact i think he deserves it. He is constantly pushing his limits with all the bs he does with the team which they can't really do anything about. Good job NFL, speaking to the media is in his contract and he knows this.

John Clayton? Is this your incognito account?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/marshawn-lynch-wants-to-know-why-all-the-fuss-over-him-returning-his-wallet/[/urltargetblank]

This link isn't word for word, but has quotes from Lynch's session at his locker today. Pretty good stuff.

Rainger

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ezdt7a20 said:
Showmeyourtd's":ezdt7a20 said:

John Clayton? Is this your incognito account?
THIS: :13: and Bob and Groz are co authors.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2swg2cix said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/535192083473379328[/tweet]

No kidding! What the hell, they're all making a big deal out of this like his normal choice would have been to run down to Wal-Mart and charge-up a bunch of Flat Screens before the credit cards got canceled.... I'd feel the same way, a little insulted, it's not a big deal and what a normal human being would do.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
If I were Lynch I'd just go to the doc and get documented as suffering from social anxiety disorder. Then he could legally tell the NFL to piss off and have legal recourse if they didn't. Hostile work environment. This approach isn't exactly rocket science, and I'm sure it's been proposed before, so I'd love to hear from anyone that knows the specifics on such a process.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Specifically fines are spent as follows:

NFL Player Care Foundation—which provides medical, emotional, and financial assistance to retired NFL players—and the NFL Players Association Player Assistance Trust, a fund that helps professional and amateur football players' families in a crisis. The money can also go to various disaster relief and health-related charities backed by the NFL.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53212/wh ... e-money-go (this also aligns with what I read on ESPN today)

2) I wonder who gets to claim it as a donation. Lynch or the NFL

3) He deserved the fine. Part of his job - end of story

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I would love to be his speech writer, because I guarantee that if I were, the League would be exposed for the assholes they are.
I'd have him say things that make no sense whatsoever, and some things that makes you step back and ask for a lawyer to interpret what was just said (I did this with a job application at Subase Bangor, and by the way, I got the job).
I'd have him mention how the 100K that the League took was earmarked for helping some needy children, and that he only wish he was more astute at giving answers to mundane and irrelevant questions being asked.
I'd tell the media that it's pretty hard to please the people who are closest to ya, but damned near impossible to please those that really don't like you anyhow.
THEN, I would have him do some loooooooooonnnnnng pauses, roll his eyes up, and back down again before answering the question, start to say something and then go into another long pause while rubbing his chin....then answer...uh, well, I don't know.
If some of the Media clowns were answered like this a few times, they'd probably get off his ass.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The media is what made him a millionaire, the media is what makes the league billions.

All he has to do is talk about football. He can no comment everything else.

I'm a Lynch fan and he can do what he wants, but a slight hint of respect to what has made him successful financially would be nice.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2nko6ncg said:
It's Marshawn's money to waste as he pleases, but I can't help but think how much good that much $$ could have done in the world. Now it's going into the NFL coffers for things like Goodell's paycheck and various legal consultants.

I don't blame him, though. The media tries very hard to make what he says scandalous. And it's straight up painful to watch him sit at a table or stand at a podium with 30 idiotic reporters asking him earth-shattering questions such as "How much do you like Skittles?" just so they can get their stupid soundbites.

Not sure if it's true but if you read to the bottom of the article I linked.
It says that the money goes to help former NFL players.

Latest posts