Lynch on Wilson

Hawkpower

Reaction score
He has spoken highly of Russ dozens of times. Why is it so important to paint a picture that everyone hates Russ when it’s obviously a reach? If you’re glad he’s gone then good that’s your right but this obsession to try to trash his character by fans is just weird to me. He was a critical part of our best era of football for a decade. I get the feeling some people hate that lol.

If thats true, then it probably hurt him all the more to have that guy throw him under the bus.

Trashing his character isnt whats happening. Hes finally being called out for the fake persona he has put out all of these years. You can only hide it so long and now that he's in Denver and struggling, the shields are coming down, exposing him for who he is.

Nobody likes a phony.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If you arent noticing the growing number of people (in Denver now as well) that are sick of his act, I'm not sure what to say

Its not even a question at this point that he rubs many people the wrong way
What is his act? Are you upset he said Go Hawks and then left after years of playing here? What great QB at this point hasn't moved on? Seems like all of them. Montana, Farve, Brady, Aaron Rodgers wanted out. Seems pretty typical and it seems pretty typical that team mates might take umbrage at what top QB's make. Thats pretty typical for guys to be jealous of another man's salary or all the attention he gets.
Point is you are making mountains out of mole hills here because you and others here are big upset at him.
Also who on Denvers team has said anything but positive things about Russ? Name one.
The fans are rightly upset with Russ and the offensive play as a whole(the Rb's have cost the team at least one game by the way). No one is attacking Russ or his character though. This is conjured up in your mind because its what YOU think of him.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
What is his act? Are you upset he said Go Hawks and then left after years of playing here? What great QB at this point hasn't moved on? Seems like all of them. Montana, Farve, Brady, Aaron Rodgers wanted out. Seems pretty typical and it seems pretty typical that team mates might take umbrage at what top QB's make. Thats pretty typical for guys to be jealous of another man's salary or all the attention he gets.
Point is you are making mountains out of mole hills here because you and others here are big upset at him.
Also who on Denvers team has said anything but positive things about Russ? Name one.
The fans are rightly upset with Russ and the offensive play as a whole(the Rb's have cost the team at least one game by the way). No one is attacking Russ or his character though. This is conjured up in your mind because its what YOU think of him.

This might be the most tone deaf message I have ever read

Have you been living in a cave since September? Its literally all over the media.

I have to assume you aren't John, but otherwise I don't even know how to address it

This is so full of blind there's nowhere to even start.

Maybe youre joking and I'm missing it. Its the only explanation

Take care

scutterhawk

Reaction score

It’s more and more obvious Sherman and Baldwin are the outliers here. Lynch is super classy in regards to Wilson. Anyway interesting interview

Lynch badmouths Wilson & his "Beastmode" Brand takes a hit right in the ass, what were you expecting PNW25????

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lynch badmouths Wilson & his "Beastmode" Brand takes a hit right in the ass, what were you expecting PNW25????
I tend to think the best of people and lynch came across as sincere. If he didn’t like him he would of just skirted past it but he went out of his way to disagree with Sherman. Again why people want everyone to hate Russ is weird to me. This shit has turned into a political type discussion where everyone picks a team

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GO OVER ON THE Donko's fan boards Nate, then come back preachin' more know-it-all crap.
Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that he's wormed his way into the hearts of his Fans & Team-mates in Denver????

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I tend to think the best of people and lynch came across as sincere. If he didn’t like him he would of just skirted past it but he went out of his way to disagree with Sherman. Again why people want everyone to hate Russ is weird to me. This shit has turned into a political type discussion where everyone picks a team
Yeah (rolly-eye) uh sure.
Y'all go ahead & deny that Denver fans & team-mates aren't having a problem swallowing the Russ-Water.
OH AND, I *DO* N-O-T *H-A-T-E *R-U-S-S, Nice try though.

Last edited:

Hawkpower

Reaction score

The people "picking Russ" are a small group though so not sure the political analogy is going to work

The island of Russ supporters is a very small one at this point

His act is up.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
GO OVER ON THE Donko's fan boards Nate, then come back preachin' more know-it-all crap.
Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that he's wormed his way into the hearts of his Fans & Team-mates in Denver????
Again, name one quote from a team mate. I already know the fans are rightly upset about their teams and Wilson's play. I never said otherwise. The fans being upset about their QB's poor play is quite different than team mates that can't stand/hate their QB and saying he is a phony. Not one Bronco player has said anything like what you guys are claiming.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
By they way going over to the Denver boards to relish in their anger over Russ' play really kind of shows the level of angst you have towards him and how much you want that reinforced. Would you be visiting there if they were 5-0? I highly doubt it.
I know personally I have never visited their board. I am a Seahawks fan.
I just find the amount of anger and angst spewed out at Russ by some here at seahawks.net over the top.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
By they way going over to the Denver boards to relish in their anger over Russ' play really kind of shows the level of angst you have towards him and how much you want that reinforced. Would you be visiting there if they were 5-0? I highly doubt it.
I know personally I have never visited their board. I am a Seahawks fan.
I just find the amount of anger and angst spewed out at Russ by some here at seahawks.net over the top.
Kind of where I’m at. I totally understand if people are happy we traded him, think we’re better off without him or any other stance in that family of thoughts. This weird obsession with hating him, questioning his character, going to other boards to confirm it because you want it to he true just sounds weird. When he did well here did you secretly get pissed it was him scoring touchdowns and not a real player who didn’t go to Children’s hospitals every week for 10 years?

I personally think he’s goofy and his personality drives me a little nuts and I hate the brand style interviews he does. But I don’t think he’s a phony or a bad guy, in fact I know people that I’ve talked to who do know him say he really is a great genuine guy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NO! it wasn't the "Go Hawks" that I had a problem with Nate, it was the bull$*t gig of "I want To Stay In Seattle" crap.
The fact that you & J-63 bought it hook-Line-And-Sinker ain't on the rest of us that saw right through his fakery on his exit from Seattle, to the "LET'S RIDE" a week later that kind of sticks in the craw.
Good for you if you didn't catch his Bull$h*t line on his way out the door.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Again, name one quote from a team mate. I already know the fans are rightly upset about their teams and Wilson's play. I never said otherwise. The fans being upset about their QB's poor play is quite different than team mates that can't stand/hate their QB and saying he is a phony. Not one Bronco player has said anything like what you guys are claiming.
A receiver SLAMMING HIS HELMET IN THE END ZONE S-C-R-E-A-M-S Pissed Off...THAT'S NOT A CLAIM-> THAT'S a FACT Nate!!

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
When you are a star running back on a team and knowing Wilsons work out and gathering of teammates for discussions and practices and you and your star RB don't have each others number? There was a rift.
Think he’s talking about now boss

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
When K.J. appeared on Sherm's podcast recently, he was in total agreement with Sherm about Wilson and the preferential treatment he got, and how that caused friction with the rest of the team. The headlines said Sherman and Wright "rip[ped]" Wilson.

Also, back in February, Wright had some things to say about how much Wilson was making and how that was affecting the team:
View attachment 55109

And since Wright was talking metaphorically about eating when talking about Wilson and the Seahawks in February, I now wonder if he was the anonymous Seahawks-player source in the 2018 Sports Illustrated story from Greg Bishop and Robert Klemko. That source said Carroll "protected" Wilson (totally consistent with what K.J. and Sherm said last week on Sherm's podcast) and that the rest of the Seahawks "hated" that. And that same player made an analogy to a pack of wolves and who gets to eat: "It’s as if Carroll sent his pack out to hunt but kept one wolf back, and that wolf still ate when the others returned with food." 😯
More from that same player, who may or may not be Wright:
"Any time he f--ked up, Pete would never say anything. Not in a team meeting, not publicly, never. If Russ had a terrible game, he would always talk about how resilient he was. We’re like, what the f--k are you talking about?"

That's pretty consistent with what K.J. and Sherm said on Sherm's podcast last week.
You definitely are being deceptive here. Kj followed that up with once he got to Oakland he saw that’s how other qbs get treated there. Kj has said multiple times how he had no problem with Russ.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A receiver SLAMMING HIS HELMET IN THE END ZONE S-C-R-E-A-M-S Pissed Off...THAT'S NOT A CLAIM-> THAT'S a FACT Nate!!
How many times has a player been upset about a play? I have seen MANY players slam their helmets. The guy was frustrated, he wanted to win. THAT DOESNT MEAN HE HATES RUSS OR THINKS HE IS A BAD PERSON OR A FAKE!!!!!!!
You see this because its how YOU feel and therefore that must be what they feel. Its called projection.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Lynch has a measured view of Wilson from ‘the play’. He believes he would have scored and although disappointed is fatalistic about the decision which he hoped would have been different.

While he feels Wilson was treated different he still was a teammate and that perhaps he needs a kind voice at present. Sherm still totally believes you have to run the damn ball.

I am very much a fan of Lynch who talks like a dude from the hood, but talks with a lot of wisdom.

He was a great team player, every team needs more like him. He gets his job done and always shows up.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
You definitely are being deceptive here. Kj followed that up with once he got to Oakland he saw that’s how other qbs get treated there. Kj has said multiple times how he had no problem with Russ.
And like I said earlier KJ isnt the only one. DK and Tyler are still close friends with Russ and many others have squashed any rumors of it. For sure some teammates didn't like him. That is the case for every player on the team. Some people are going to like you and some aren't that's how personalities work. To say everyone hated him because Sherman does just feels weird for me that people want it so badly to be true.

chawx

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the part where Lynch said a lot of Seahawks individuals didn't want to see Russ succeed in Seattle (19:50 mark) but now that he's in Denver, Marshawn is pulling for him to succeed (21:15 mark)? I guess I'm slow, but is he just saying that because they didn't want Pete to be right about dismantling the LOB and then paying Russ to carry the team, which winning another SB would have enforced that decision to be correct? Idk why you'd root for the man to lose if you care about Russ' mentals like Lynch says he does—I'd think a friend would hope he succeeded anywhere, regardless. I mean, it's probably just me but I'm hurt about Lynch and other "Seahawk individuals" not hoping the team does well...which ultimately, is a dig at the 12s. All the 12s want is Seattle to win, doesn't matter who's behind the mask for most of us... anyway. Just some thoughts.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the part where Lynch said a lot of Seahawks individuals didn't want to see Russ succeed in Seattle (19:50 mark) but now that he's in Denver, Marshawn is pulling for him to succeed (21:15 mark)? I guess I'm slow, but is he just saying that because they didn't want Pete to be right about dismantling the LOB and then paying Russ to carry the team, which winning another SB would have enforced that decision to be correct? Idk why you'd root for the man to lose if you care about Russ' mentals like Lynch says he does—I'd think a friend would hope he succeeded anywhere, regardless. I mean, it's probably just me but I'm hurt about Lynch and other "Seahawk individuals" not hoping the team does well...which ultimately, is a dig at the 12s. All the 12s want is Seattle to win, doesn't matter who's behind the mask for most of us... anyway. Just some thoughts.
Considering that Seattle is trucking along with better QB play than Russ provided, maybe Marshawn had a point.

They actually had to deal with the type of guy that'd move his entourage into offices in the Denver facility as well as get his own office. Probably just a little grating.