Lynch with possible sports hernia

peppersjap

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3s39walu said:
Hernia surgery, while very common, is no joke. I had Hernia surgery my senior year of college (also had Tommy John & major wrist surgery). It was easily the most miserable experience. You can't do anything without immense pain (it is around your core). It's not a surprise to me that Lynch is consulting with the best.

All in all...I was incapacitated for a solid 5 weeks. Couldn't do major athletic movement for another 4 weeks. I'm not Marshawn Lynch, but I was a college baseball player. Last caveat, I had this surgery pre-arthroscopic availability. Going in arthroscopically should greatly cut down on the recovery time IMO, as the worst part of the recovery (for me), was the massive scar tissue in the area due to a large incision.

By the by, I'm not trying to scare Seattle fans. I'm just saying; it's a sensitive area and you never know how guys respond to surgery.
I had a Hernia surgery when I had an infant. Damn babies are heavy! I really appreciated sweat pants during the recovery

Rob12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pxm46rv said:
marko358":2pxm46rv said:
So if he winds up out for the year, is it just Rawls and Jackson the rest of the way? I'd imagine we'd pick someone up.
Agree. Anyone have thoughts on who?

Probably pick Bryce Brown up again. He has some time in the system and lasted longer than I thought he would.

Or hot damn... Christine Michael?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":38rf9v1m said:
Mtjhoyas":38rf9v1m said:
Hernia surgery, while very common, is no joke. I had Hernia surgery my senior year of college (also had Tommy John & major wrist surgery). It was easily the most miserable experience. You can't do anything without immense pain (it is around your core). It's not a surprise to me that Lynch is consulting with the best.

All in all...I was incapacitated for a solid 5 weeks. Couldn't do major athletic movement for another 4 weeks. I'm not Marshawn Lynch, but I was a college baseball player. Last caveat, I had this surgery pre-arthroscopic availability. Going in arthroscopically should greatly cut down on the recovery time IMO, as the worst part of the recovery (for me), was the massive scar tissue in the area due to a large incision.

By the by, I'm not trying to scare Seattle fans. I'm just saying; it's a sensitive area and you never know how guys respond to surgery.
I had a Hernia surgery when I had an infant. Damn babies are heavy! I really appreciated sweat pants during the recovery

It took a surgery to make you appreciate sweat pants? Weird.

massari

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":5rrpmzbu said:
marko358":5rrpmzbu said:
So if he winds up out for the year, is it just Rawls and Jackson the rest of the way? I'd imagine we'd pick someone up.
Agree. Anyone have thoughts on who?
Kendall Hunter is the best available imo. Pierre Thomas just got signed by the 49ers so Kendall Hunter is the name that stands out on the free agent list if he's healthy.

Christine Michael imo would probably be the second best available free agent behind Hunter.

I just pray it's not Bryce Brown again. I don't understand why they signed a guy who fumbles on average every 26 carries in the NFL.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I had umbilical hernia surgery 3 weeks ago today. I am 50 years old.

The first day (day of surgery) was no pain - lots of pain killers. The fourth day was kind of the worst but wasn't all that bad - I went to see a movie with the family. Getting in and out of the car was painful. I stopped the pain killers by the 6th day. Just mild pain here and there. At about one week after surgery - I had no pain whatsoever. As of today, it is as if the surgery never happened (other than the obvious repair) and there is a minimal scar. That being said, I am not supposed to lift anything over 15 pounds for 3 more weeks. After that, I'm cleared to do whatever I want. So - total of a 6 week layoff from any serious physical activity for me. Probably just as long for a sports hernia and then ML would have to get in game shape.

ringless

Reaction score
If he has a Hernia what's the delay on getting it fixed? If theres a chance that he's ready for the post season each day is a day you can't get back?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ringless":1ynnyjg1 said:
If he has a Hernia what's the delay on getting it fixed? If theres a chance that he's ready for the post season each day is a day you can't get back?

Lynch literally just got to the Philly Dr yesterday, so I assume all the tests are today and they'll make a determination on best course of action later this week.

Here's a good link for exactly what a sports hernia is, testing and treatment/surgery options.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":68vcj322 said:
ringless":68vcj322 said:

Lynch literally just got to the Philly Dr yesterday, so I assume all the tests are today and they'll make a determination on best course of action later this week.

Here's a good link for exactly what a sports hernia is, testing and treatment/surgery options.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

Pete said at his presser yesterday that the tests in Philly were scheduled for today and the team should know more this afternoon.

Something should leak soon.