Lynch's latest tweet... Retirement is confirmed.

OkieHawk

Reaction score

davidonmi

Reaction score
never been able to get to a game in my still young fandom (only 19).
The game he is honored will be the first

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of my favorite Seahawks.

Damnit.

The only saving grace is that with all he brought to this franchise and to us fans, I was legit worried with the punishment was taking. As much as I loved what he did on the field, I really wouldn't want to find that Lynch couldn't walk 10 years or even 20 years from now because of that.

He gifted us a SB, gave us some of the most amazing moments we as Seahawk fans have experienced, and personally jump started the run to the SB with his run against the Saints years earlier. If he doesn't make that run, not even sure we have Pete Carroll right now.

We got so lucky on that guy. He is stellar both on field and off, and was a beloved Seattle icon without ever having to give up his loyalty to his hometown.

Going to miss him terribly as a fan, but really glad he got out with his health intact.

IrishNW

Reaction score
not going to lie, this got me a little teary eyed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
My favourite NFL player ever and the greatest Seahawk ever in my book. The game will be a lot more boring without Beast Mode, but life goes on!

Thanks for every-single-thing! F.ex. the walk in TD against Niners in 2013 and this one http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights, starting at about 4:30. Great memories!

Irreplaceable, the game will be different without him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Confirmed by tweets from Sherman, Wilson and the latest Paul Allen.

Beautiful black cry crying eye Favimcom 290926

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Still kinda in shock about this, I mean I knew he was likely to retire, but it still stings. He is and was one of the top Seahawks of all-time and I'm gonna miss him!

I mean, he has had, I believe and am sure most of you would agree, the 2 most polarizing runs within the last decide in the NFL.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Could just be sayin peace out to the seahawk green cleats.. ya never know with him.

Wish i knew where those cleats were hangin those would be cool to have in the man cave lol

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":21vyw0zf said:
Still kinda in shock about this, I mean I knew he was likely to retire, but it still stings. He is and was one of the top Seahawks of all-time and I'm gonna miss him!

I mean, he has had, I believe and am sure most of you would agree, the 2 most polarizing runs within the last decide in the NFL.

I don't think polarizing is the word you want to use. I think they are widely considered the best.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It's weird, I knew it was happening but I'm still coming to grips with it. No more #24 back there with his insanely distinct running style, no more swaggy TDs like grabbing his junk, walking into the endzone. Lawd

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Congrats on a good a good career, glad it's official.

I just don't understand why people get emotional over stuff like this though. He is a RB who is retiring. Absolutely no reason to get teary-eyed or get a lump in your throat.

Besides, the Lynch that we loved has already been gone a year. The 2015 season was our first year without Lynch, next year will be our second.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
redhawk253":2c3iuqwn said:
Could just be sayin peace out to the seahawk green cleats.. ya never know with him.

Wish i knew where those cleats were hangin those would be cool to have in the man cave lol
But he is under contract with the Hawks, so the only way HE can end his relationship is to retire.

In order to only be done with the Hawks and play for someone else he would have to be released.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Can't possibly say anything but thank you, Marshawn Lynch. And thank you all who wrote the great messages above. Also makes me even sadder about the play-that-shall-not-be-named in SBIX. But we are fortunate to have Thomas Rawls.

Charles

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
For a man who became an absolute icon for avoiding the media and saying nothing ... I can't think of a more fitting way for him to say goodbye. A picture says a 1000 words, that's for sure.

And is it any coincidence that Beast Mode chooses the Super Bowl (of all times) to issue such an announcement? The Super Bowl -- the one place he was hounded by media the most -- the place where he became legendary for his defiance in refusing to talk to the media ... and immortalized himself forever with, "I'm just here so I won't get fined." Coincidence at all that he decided to unleash one more Beast Quake during the Super Bowl? I think not.

Best of luck #24! We the fans of Seattle will never forget what you did for the entire Pacific Northwest and this franchise.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
One of the funnest players to watch all time. Going to truly miss Beast.