Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

Barakas

Reaction score
Seymour":2jk8iwmh said:
Chapow":2jk8iwmh said:
naholmes":2jk8iwmh said:
Hsu seems to be the only source of information. Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season. The way the things have been kept so secretive I've gotta believe that it's a very serious injury.

I hate it when my face gets ripped off, really puts a damper on my day.

Vibes Malik, get well soon bud.

Well on the upside, this should scare the hell out of Brady and Palmer if nothing else. (assuming he sees the field before they retire.).

6c25bad65b89ee28559  zombie survival survival gear

Can someone photoshop this into a Seahawk football helmet? That would be most awesome.

RW92

Reaction score
If he indeed has an orbital fracture, depending on the severity he could require surgery not only by an oral surgeon, but additionally he may require care by an ophthalmologist. He could be out for some time especially with no physical contact. You can not risk re-injuring the orbit of the socket that supports the eye. Hopefully we're all wrong and it's just a bad contusion.
We'll find out soon.

Stuey

Reaction score
Eww... Why pro players risk their livelihood for stupid crap... I don't get it

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":11df0gc6 said:
Chapow":11df0gc6 said:
naholmes":11df0gc6 said:
Hsu seems to be the only source of information. Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season. The way the things have been kept so secretive I've gotta believe that it's a very serious injury.

I hate it when my face gets ripped off, really puts a damper on my day.

Vibes Malik, get well soon bud.

Well on the upside, this should scare the hell out of Brady and Palmer if nothing else. (assuming he sees the field before they retire.).

6c25bad65b89ee28559  zombie survival survival gear

The Phantom of the Seahopera. Coming 2018 to the Clink Theatre and on tour nationwide.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3l1d0kp4 said:
Let alone prove many wrong who have writing him off before he plays a down in the NFL.

Where and who are these many people who have written him off before he has played a down?

One question I hope a reporter asks: Were the Seahawks made aware of this nearly two weeks ago when it happened, or did they not find out about it until right before everyone else did?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't say people on here. But there are plenty of people who are already calling him a bust and/or whining about the pick. Mainly because THEY didn't like the pick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":1o65tctv said:
Sgt. Largent":1o65tctv said:
jammerhawk":1o65tctv said:
To be clear as well, this DOESN"T mean he won't play or practice soon..

He has a facial fracture, of course it means he won't practice soon.............at least not contact drills.

But he can certainly be present, take mental reps and be a part of the non contact drills once he clears his physical.
Have we seen more than the Hsu quote to verify that? Just curious, but I don't trust single source info.

Both Garafalo and Palmer from the NFL Network reported the same thing.

https://www.all22.com/seattle-seahawks/ ... -statement

We'll know more by the end of the week once the Hawk Dr's get their hands on McDowell today and tomorrow.

I was just responding to jammerhawk's comment that he won't play soon. He won't play soon........unless you consider "soon" like mid season.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":b157tnlv said:
I was just responding to jammerhawk's comment that he won't play soon. He won't play soon........unless you consider "soon" like mid season.

I've been in a few motorcycle accidents, and things can look very gruesome for several weeks.

I'm somewhere in the middle. In his own statement he released, let me remind those thinking otherwise.....

"You will see me back on the field in the near future".

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Funny how hush hush this is/was. Remember Shefter getting sued by JPP for acquiring and then tweeting out the xrays of his mangled hand.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1l4vkmbr said:
Both Garafalo and Palmer from the NFL Network reported the same thing.

https://www.all22.com/seattle-seahawks/ ... -statement

We'll know more by the end of the week once the Hawk Dr's get their hands on McDowell today and tomorrow.

Garafolo and Palmer call it facial "Injuries" not fractures (click the "per" link in your post). Hsu is the only one I see saying fractures.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":33k9ro0m said:
Sgt. Largent":33k9ro0m said:

I've been in a few motorcycle accidents, and things can look very gruesome for several weeks.

I'm somewhere in the middle. In his own statement he released, let me remind those thinking otherwise.....

"On the field" could mean exactly what's happening today.............he's on the field. Watching.

IMO far too ambiguous and vague to think that means actually playing & hitting people.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qc2m3qv2 said:
Seymour":qc2m3qv2 said:
Sgt. Largent":qc2m3qv2 said:

"On the field" could mean exactly what's happening today.............he's on the field. Watching.

IMO far too ambiguous and vague to think that means actually playing & hitting people.

I agree. But that said, "seeing them on the field" usually means active on the field (otherwise it's on the sidelines) when discussing someone coming back from an injury.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The idea that McDowell will be physically unavailable until mid-season, or later, is complete conjecture. Unless he suffered a direct blow to the eyeball that caused an orbital fracture, he will likely be practicing before the season.

17 of the 29 NFL players who suffered orbital fractures between 1980 and 1997 were out an average of 25 days with a range of 5 to 56 days. 2 never returned to play, and we don't have data on the other 10 players.

The 2 that never returned to play suffered orbital fractures as the result of digital poke (thumb in the eye), and required surgery.

Of the 17 that returned to play, 13 required surgical treatment, and surgery typically happened within 8 days of the injury.

Now, this was 20 plus years ago, before all of the CTE concerns, so it is possible that recovery would be longer in this day and age.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We don't even know if he has facial fractures, much less if these are orbital fractures.

I would be significantly concerned if we hear that he has damage to the eye itself and associated orbital fractures.

If he has non-operative orbital fractures, or zygomatic fractures, then he won't miss much time, just that it will be valuable training camp time

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":30e0l3ng said:
...Of the 17 that returned to play, 13 required surgical treatment, and surgery typically happened within 8 days of the injury.

Now, this was 20 plus years ago, before all of the CTE concerns, so it is possible that recovery would be longer in this day and age.

Thank you Doc. I thought that myself since it's been near 2 weeks. Any surgery likely would have happened. Not sure about cosmetic plastic surgery though, since it sounds like that could be a possibility based on description.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hard to keep track of all the back and forth and conjecture in this thread.

Have we heard anything definitive about the injury? Or just the Hsu rumors? Do we have a time table when we can expect something?

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawk-rookie-malik-mcdowell-officially-reports-placed-on-non-football-injury-list/[/urltargetblank]

In an expected move, the Seahawks on Thursday announced that rookie defensive lineman Malik McDowell had reported to camp and has been placed on the Non-Football Injury list....

McDowell was not on the field when Thursday’s practice began and there remains no additional information on when he will begin practicing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Friggen Times and their lame article limit!!! :roll: :141847_bnono:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1961p8pe said:
Have we heard anything definitive about the injury? Or just the Hsu rumors? Do we have a time table when we can expect something?

No
Yes
No

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":h88q8cao said:
Friggen Times and their lame article limit!!! :roll: :141847_bnono:

It's not a long article. It's just a quick write up about him being put on the NFI list and that they don't know anything about his future status. I'm sure Pete will be asked later, but he may not give much in the way of details. The fact he's on NFI tells me he's probably longer term (more than a few days) and they can use the roster spot on someone else. If they had used PUP he'd count as a roster spot.