Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bobblehead":mu7z4kxw said:
Blitzer88":mu7z4kxw said:
Bobblehead":mu7z4kxw said:
WOW, sounds like he's lost all his sense of who, what and where he is.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/09/04 ... l-and-more

Rookie defensive lineman Malik McDowell will regularly be in-and-out with the team as he makes his way back from a vehicular accident. Carroll said they are focused on comfortably getting McDowell back in the building at this time. “We are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that kind of stuff and he feels comfortable about that with really no demands on him at this time.”

That literally is not even close to what Pete is explaining there................... :177692:

I don't know, , "we are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that stuff..."? I think that's a pretty loaded statement full of ambiguities and questions.
So then you just jump to the conclusion that he doesn't remember anything or anyone based on a statement that you yourself say is pretty ambiguous?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2ib3t60r said:
Bobblehead":2ib3t60r said:
Blitzer88":2ib3t60r said:
Bobblehead":2ib3t60r said:
WOW, sounds like he's lost all his sense of who, what and where he is.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/09/04 ... l-and-more

That literally is not even close to what Pete is explaining there................... :177692:

I don't know, , "we are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that stuff..."? I think that's a pretty loaded statement full of ambiguities and questions.
So then you just jump to the conclusion that he doesn't remember anything or anyone based on a statement that you yourself say is pretty ambiguous?

That's how it works, people will talk ambiguously about sensitive subjects without giving you the full details. Yeah, you can take it at face value and not read anything into it, a lot of people do. I don't know the full details, but his wording was such that suggested to me there was a lot more to it, which is why I used the word "sounds". Doesn't mean, necessarily that t believe it to be the case, it's just speculative and not necessarily a conclusion. I am not the greatest wordsmith, or even a good one, but had I drawn a conclusion, I probably would have worded it differently. Perhaps my ambiguity was such that I led you to believe it was a conclusion on my part, and if I did, my bad, I had no idea I could.

Maybe you can help enlighten all of us and myself exactly what Pete was saying since, you seem know what Pete was explaining.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If Malik and his family are concerned about his long-term brain health (which is purely my speculation, not a "main source" of any kind), then bringing him in slowly & letting him take his time with the decision about whether to play football again makes sense.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I wish nothing but the best for Malik and I hope he recovers fully...In the meantime there's business to be had and this young man pretty much screwed the pooch. NFL; Not For Long, right? If he can contribute great. Kinda sucks to be a cautionary tale.

peppersjap

Reaction score
mikeak":2rvyotjj said:
Yep. Malik's ATV fun forced us to redo Baldwin's contract and burn $6 million or so

Yeah I know I am supposed to feel sorry for the guy but I will wait with that until a story confirms he was going 10mph on an open trail with a helmet on and a freak accident happened. Until then I am going to assume no helmet flying down some minor trail and having lots of fun with his buddies.

Post removed by staff

Direct attack/ name calling.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kobebryant":3nhufzb3 said:
One of the absolute worst things about being a celebrity of some recognition would have to be being filmed by weirdos as you're out in public.

Hey now....watch out who you're calling a "weirdo"! :sarcasm_on:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Following this thread is making me lose sense of who and what I am.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
I'll say this. The whole saga speaks well of the organization's tight lips. We don't know jack and they have protected him somehow in an era of cyber snooping.

The Breh

Reaction score
Danny Darko":sj4ig9zw said:
I'll say this. The whole saga speaks well of the organization's tight lips. We don't know jack and they have protected him somehow in an era of cyber snooping.
It's a non-football injury so they don't have to say anything and the family asked them to keep it private.
It's a legal thing.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Danny Darko":2k0eerb2 said:

140m Americans have IDs stolen, McDowell injury still under wraps.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
However this plays out, McDowell will get a book deal:

ATV-All-Time Victory How I rode the unpaved path of life to new heights

His ghostwriter will either tell of his "extraordinary decision to walk away from the game he loved to help people and give back to the community as a car salesman in Detroit"

or his "courageous and incredible journey back to the NFL told through the perspective of a simpleton who ignored all the boring mumbo jumbo of his $multimillion contact for the thrill of a lifetime!"

Reviews: "A heartwarming tale we can all relate to" says Larry King.
"Captivating insight into the fast times and slow minds of Michigan" said the NY Times.
"Best book I've read since Clifford the Big Red Dog" says Mike Tyson.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":5m9ux9i8 said:
However this plays out, McDowell will get a book deal:

ATV-All-Time Victory How I rode the unpaved path of life to new heights

His ghostwriter will either tell of his "extraordinary decision to walk away from the game he loved to help people and give back to the community as a car salesman in Detroit"

or his "courageous and incredible journey back to the NFL told through the perspective of a simpleton who ignored all the boring mumbo jumbo of his $multimillion contact for the thrill of a lifetime!"

Reviews: "A heartwarming tale we can all relate to" says Larry King.
"Captivating insight into the fast times and slow minds of Michigan" said the NY Times.
"Best book I've read since Clifford the Big Red Dog" says Mike Tyson.

Do you write for a living? Cause... wow!

:lol: