Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
kidhawk":2eu6xhvl said:
Coug_Hawk08":2eu6xhvl said:
In his presser, when asked about Malik playing in 2017, Pete said it would be 'a lot to ask'. Family wants discretion, one of the reasons for no real details.

This pretty much confirms, to me, he is done for the year.

Him not staying and learning in meetings and watching practices hints at a strong possibility that the Seahawks may sit him the whole year and basically defer his contract til next season. This is obviously still speculation and to be clear there are no facts to back this up, but IMO it's looking more like the more reasonable scenario everyday.

"Whole year" is still speculative but for now there is not a whole lot of leaning from meetings and watching practice while in the fog of concussion. Send him home, get his head right, then re-evaluate.

kidhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":81mbwff0 said:
kidhawk":81mbwff0 said:
Coug_Hawk08":81mbwff0 said:
In his presser, when asked about Malik playing in 2017, Pete said it would be 'a lot to ask'. Family wants discretion, one of the reasons for no real details.

Him not staying and learning in meetings and watching practices hints at a strong possibility that the Seahawks may sit him the whole year and basically defer his contract til next season. This is obviously still speculation and to be clear there are no facts to back this up, but IMO it's looking more like the more reasonable scenario everyday.

"Whole year" is still speculative but for now there is not a whole lot of leaning from meetings and watching practice while in the fog of concussion. Send him home, get his head right, then re-evaluate.

That could very well be what it is as well. As I said, I'm purely speculating and sharing my thoughts given the little information we have available.

Polk738

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that he has brain bleeding/hemorraging

massari

Reaction score
lukerguy":1ov7qnfn said:
The Seahawks have the opportunity to sit him for the season, allow him to learn the mental side of the game and to be a professional, without burning a year of his entry level contract... if it looks like he'll be out for half the year or more, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do that.
Probably the best case scenerio atp. Let him heal/mature for a year even if he's ready by mid season.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks FO continues to outsmart themselves in the first round . It's time for them to maybe think twice before trading down next year. Kevin King looks really good right now. We have an aging defense and hoping to find the next Sherman in the middle of the draft seems like a long shot .

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3osxsgyu said:
The Seahawks FO continues to outsmart themselves in the first round . It's time for them to maybe think twice before trading down next year. Kevin King looks really good right now. We have an aging defense and hoping to find the next Sherman in the middle of the draft seems like a long shot .

Yeah you're right the FO should have totally anticipated our first pick wrecking his ATV and missing the season.

Give me a break.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
So this is awful to think about and I hope it's not the case.. but say his career is over? Does the NFL give the team their pick back?

Forgive me if this has been asked previously. But this doesn't sound like your normal injury. Very concerning for all parties involved here.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qg7vqt52 said:
Northwest Seahawk":qg7vqt52 said:

Yeah you're right the FO should have totally anticipated our first pick wrecking his ATV and missing the season.

Give me a break.

Exactly.

And if Kevin King isn't available, there's no point crying about it here.

Where did they find the first "Sherman"? And "Kam"? KJ? Baldwin? Hmmm...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":ckvge13l said:

If the ever-sunny-on-injuries Pete is speaking in such terms, and if Malik has gone back home, then you can pretty much be sure that he won't play this year.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hope he had a fun summer because it may have cost him a career in the NFL.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Getting started on his new professional wrestling career...

"OFF-RRRRROAD!"

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3tph4358 said:
This sounds a lot like the Jason Pierre Paul... first it was a fireworks burn... much speculation, et. Giant fans were saying "Don't speculate, it may not be that bad." "You don't have the information."

No, but when things get hidden... usually it's a very bad sign.

When the dust settled, it finally comes out that he'd blown his damn hand off and they had to repair it with surgery and amputate a few fingers...

And that was his hand, not his face.

The least serious thing on the face is a broken zygomatic arch. This takes about a year to be fully healed.

Josea16

Reaction score
HawkNuts":bglw89ay said:
I hope he had a fun summer because it may have cost him a career in the NFL.
Sadly you may be right. No matter what the silence speaks volumes and I think best case scenario he's out for the season. Worst outcome may be he's never what was expected and the reason he was drafted because of loss of vision in one eye.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1705u5r6 said:
So this is awful to think about and I hope it's not the case.. but say his career is over? Does the NFL give the team their pick back?

Forgive me if this has been asked previously. But this doesn't sound like your normal injury. Very concerning for all parties involved here.

Why would you think the Seahawks would "get their pick back" because of an injury? That's ridiculous.

No, the Seahawks are out a pick and a shitload of money as the Seahawks are one of the very few teams these days that don't forbid dangerous off-season activities in their contracts.

Ruminator

Reaction score
While it's too bad Malik got hurt, the caliber of the Seahawks' talent acquisition program makes this less severe of a blow, especially during a decent draft year as 2017 probably was. The loss of a first pick would probably have been much more painful to most other teams. Certainly Malik's unique abilities on defense would've been helpful, but at least our D is already among the tops in the league, so it isn't like we were counting on him to help right a listing ship.

In light of all I've heard so far, I'm now going forward figuring that the soonest we'll see Malik play is 2018. His crash was practically yesterday, his injuries were multiple and serious, and the football season starts practically tomorrow and ends a mere one-third year after that plus whatever post-season there may be. Sounds like he needs months to recover.

themunn

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2xd4y9kf said:
This sounds a lot like the Jason Pierre Paul... first it was a fireworks burn... much speculation, et. Giant fans were saying "Don't speculate, it may not be that bad." "You don't have the information."

No, but when things get hidden... usually it's a very bad sign.

When the dust settled, it finally comes out that he'd blown his damn hand off and they had to repair it with surgery and amputate a few fingers...

And that was his hand, not his face.

And he came back and signed a 4 year $62m dollar contract so things ain't all that bad.