Manziel better passer than Wilson

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If Manziel is there at 3 I would not be surprised to see him picked there. Either that or Bridgwater but Bradley has already seen what a QB like Manziel can do. I would be willing to bet he wouldn't pass on that opportunity.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawkWow":30pgdrgy said:
^ I know that's just having fun, but sure...IF Manziel fell to us, we'd have to take him if only to dangle him once another team's QB went down. Would I want Manziel as a hawk QB? No. I think he suffers from RG3 disease. Wants to do too much and has no clue when to give up on a play. Nothing against Manziel at all, but I will be surprised if he amounts to anything long term at this level.

Cleveland, IMO, would be a great fit for Manziel if for no other reason, he will put ass' in seats and I think it's damage control time in Cleveland. Even if he only lasts a couple of years, he will bring promise to the Browns. They've settled for less in the past. I wish the kid well. He's fun as hell to watch...but he won't be near as fun in the No Fun League, IMO.
Oakland, to me seems like it would be the perfect place for Football Johnny--if Al Davis was still around he'd use their first round pick on him.

Threedee

Reaction score
Even if Manziel had Wilson's arm strength (people often forget how strong baseball has made his arm), he still has vastly inferior judgment.

For those of you who watched the Alabama-ATM game, you probably best remember that scramble where Manziel chucked the ball up and into the center of the field. You probably also remember cringing. Somehow, a receiver went up for the ball and came down with it. Regardless, it has got to be one of the dumbest decisions a QB ever made.

randomation

Reaction score
Manziel had 464 yards against bama, however 297 yards of that came on 7 throws to Mike Evans I don't think he is going to be that good without evans and I think evans is being seriously under rated at the moment.

OP
OP
Subzero717

Subzero717

Reaction score
Threedee":2336i3de said:
Even if Manziel had Wilson's arm strength (people often forget how strong baseball has made his arm), he still has vastly inferior judgment.

For those of you who watched the Alabama-ATM game, you probably best remember that scramble where Manziel chucked the ball up and into the center of the field. You probably also remember cringing. Somehow, a receiver went up for the ball and came down with it. Regardless, it has got to be one of the dumbest decisions a QB ever made.

Manziels arm is comparable to Wilsons. Yes that play was an OMG what is he doing and he wont get away with that at the next level. However in the right system, IMO Cleveland if Shanny doesnt have fake tan over his shoulder and Jacksonville, Jed Fisch is thought to be a young up and comer he can flourish if he listens. Oakland hasnt seperated themselves from being Oakland enough for me to think he can or will be succuseful there.

For the record my lol was directed at tge author saying manziels arm was better than Wilsons and it was just "okay." Both have good arms. Neither are Flaco, Vick, Kap or even T-Jack for that matter but big arms dont translate in every case obviously.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
From what I've seen, Manziel misses his receivers by a wider margin than Wilson did in college, especially when throwing from the pocket.