Mariners ‘19-‘20 offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The M's have had a long offseason so far. It started in April this year and is still going.

DHawk

Reaction score
WIth the Nats winning, this video feels appropriate to share. Myself and few buddies got some laughs out of it after the sadness sank in.

[youtube]TAj83rIIVP4[/youtube]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1lsfenhq said:
Uncle Si":1lsfenhq said:
Shanegotyou11":1lsfenhq said:
They say 2021 is playoff year. I shall see.

Much will depend on Houston

Playoff baseball is so much fun. I cant wait to see Ms back in it.
There's a real chance I'll never see that happen again since I'm 63 and in good health. I figure I'll live at least 20 more years.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
DHawk":q0rp43ep said:
WIth the Nats winning, this video feels appropriate to share. Myself and few buddies got some laughs out of it after the sadness sank in.

[youtube]TAj83rIIVP4[/youtube]
LOL was pretty funny. I mean at this point all you can do is laugh. Some of those promising names i forgot all about. Like cliff lee lol traded for smoak.. ooohh the memories. Smiley who never even threw a pitch for us haha all the talent that was good elsewhere.... austin jackson, rich aurilia, pat burrell, richie sexton, chone figgins, ext all came here and careers died.

Threedee

Reaction score
One of the greatest performing Mariners of all-time was Dave Niehaus. Another is Tom Hutyler.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Remember when the Mariners only had to lose one game in three against Oakland at the end of 2008, and we would have drafted Stephen Strasburg instead of Dustin Ackley? You know, the Stephen Strasburg who just went 5-0 in the postseason for the world champion Washington Nationals? You remember how we won all three of those completely meaningless games?

I really, really, REALLY HATE the Mariners right now.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
lol... just another sad story in a river of tears of the franchise called the mariners.
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE the stupid Astros did not win which makes me very very very happy!

Threedee

Reaction score
With the Nationals/Expos franchise appearing in a WS, do we now chant "We're the Only One" at games?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
30 teams didn't win a world series...

Not sure the angst around a team with no expectations this year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xz1ihka said:

I wonder. Maybe it's 4 playoff appearances in 44 seasons. Maybe it's being the only team left without a World Series appearance. Maybe it's because they were more concerned about how a new NBA team would affect their bottom line than they were about fielding a competitive team. I grew up a Mariners fan. Jay Buhner is my favorite player of all time. However, those memories taste like bitter ash in my mouth knowing that every other major sports team in this city has delivered more while asking less. Even the NHL seems to care more about Seattle than the Mariners do.

The Mariners have done nothing in nearly 20 years to earn anything from me except my utter contempt. And in the wake of the Nationals WS appearance and win, I just feel a boiling anger when I think of the millstone around this city's neck. I loved them. But they poisoned that love. All that's left is empty, stone cold hatred.

2_0_6

Reaction score
It's pathetic that this franchise continues to hang their hat on the '95 season and rehash it over and over and over again when they didn't even make it to the world series.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":j2oa7pb6 said:
Uncle Si":j2oa7pb6 said:

I wonder. Maybe it's 4 playoff appearances in 44 seasons. Maybe it's being the only team left without a World Series appearance. Maybe it's because they were more concerned about how a new NBA team would affect their bottom line than they were about fielding a competitive team. I grew up a Mariners fan. Jay Buhner is my favorite player of all time. However, those memories taste like bitter ash in my mouth knowing that every other major sports team in this city has delivered more while asking less. Even the NHL seems to care more about Seattle than the Mariners do.

The Mariners have done nothing in nearly 20 years to earn anything from me except my utter contempt. And in the wake of the Nationals WS appearance and win, I just feel a boiling anger when I think of the millstone around this city's neck. I loved them. But they poisoned that love. All that's left is empty, stone cold hatred.

So...

You're just moaning then? Again.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":3cux8dux said:
Uncle Si":3cux8dux said:

You forgot longest streak without a playoff appearance of all North American sports franchises.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":3dk6i6bg said:
Remember when the Mariners only had to lose one game in three against Oakland at the end of 2008, and we would have drafted Stephen Strasburg instead of Dustin Ackley? You know, the Stephen Strasburg who just went 5-0 in the postseason for the world champion Washington Nationals? You remember how we won all three of those completely meaningless games?

I really, really, REALLY HATE the Mariners right now.
Wouldn't have mattered. I believe Scott Boras was his agent and he would've had Strasburg pull a Tony Dorsett on the Ms.

sutz

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/769641eb9fdc4406a8505cbe132ecee2

Mariners promote 3 to fill out coaching staff

SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Mariners have made a trio of promotions to fill out the major league coaching staff for next season.

Manager Scott Servais announced Thursday that Pete Woodworth would be the new pitching coach, Carson Vitale will be the field coordinator and Jarret DeHart will be the assistant hitting coach. Woodworth was the pitching coach for Seattle’s Double-A Arkansas affiliate last season. Vitale spent the past two seasons as Seattle’s minor-league field coordinator and DeHart was a roving hitting instructor for the club.

Paul Davis, who was the pitching coach last season, will now be a pitching strategist for the organization.

Along with the additions, Seattle is shifting responsibilities for some of its returning coaches. Manny Acta goes from bench coach to third-base coach. Jared Sandberg will move from field coordinator to bench coach. Brian DeLunas will return to bullpen coach after serving in a different role last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.