Mariners ‘19-‘20 offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It's not as if M's fans don't know this. And if they didn't, they could just read up a few posts.

What's the point in regurgitating the same sad stats and narratives in these threads?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1dyd98vg said:
It's not as if M's fans don't know this. And if they didn't, they could just read up a few posts.

What's the point in regurgitating the same sad stats and narratives in these threads?
Catharsis for the stupidity of still caring about this franchise?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I’m not trying to hammer down on how bad they are, that was my first “Mariners Suck” post in close to a year. But I’m not going to blow smoke up their ass like some fans do either.

In a year or two we will find out if Dipoto knows what he is doing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mi0lq2t said:

This is how some of us cope. You can ignore us, you know.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ggctddw said:
Uncle Si":2ggctddw said:

There's too many of you to ignore Maulbert.. it's like the sun killing me slowly while i walk in the desert.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1n1iy164 said:
Maulbert":1n1iy164 said:
Uncle Si":1n1iy164 said:

There's too many of you to ignore Maulbert.. it's like the sun killing me slowly while i walk in the desert.

Be honest.... is it us, or the Mariners?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":noj9uyc2 said:
Uncle Si":noj9uyc2 said:
Maulbert":noj9uyc2 said:
Uncle Si":noj9uyc2 said:

The mariners are the desert...

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mqpx0p2 said:
Maulbert":2mqpx0p2 said:
Uncle Si":2mqpx0p2 said:
Maulbert":2mqpx0p2 said:

The mariners are the desert...

The desert is only that big BECAUSE they are the Mariners.

sutz

Reaction score
Taijuan Walker is back on a one year deal.

Will be curious to see how he does. He'll be on a pitch count early until they find out how his rehab on elbow and shoulder went, but looks like he'll be in the rotation.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... -mariners/

Mariners sign pitcher Taijuan Walker, completing a reunion months in the making

PEORIA, Ariz. — The last time Taijuan Walker had set foot in the Mariners’ spring training clubhouse was April 2016. But on Wednesday morning, as Mariners pitchers and catchers reported for their physicals, Walker was back in the place where he appeared in his first major league camp.

The Mariners announced Wednesday evening that Walker had signed a one-year contract. Earlier in the day, multiple sources confirmed that Walker was coming back to the team that drafted, developed and gave him his first opportunity in the big leagues to fill out the final spot in Seattle’s starting rotation. ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported that Walker will earn $2 million in salary with performance bonuses that could push it to $3 million.

Walker also provided his own confirmation before the announcement, tweeting out an old picture of himself in a Mariners uniform with the caption “Let’s gooo!!” and some emojis.

sutz

Reaction score
Altavilla :34853_doh:

I really want to love the kid, he throws some fire, but damn. 20 pitches today and he gives up 2 HR and 2 doubles. He's got no options left IIRC, so it's make the 26 or go home for him. I think we have to DFA and hope somebody grabs him.

:229031_shrug:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":2lq2p8xl said:
Altavilla :34853_doh:

I really want to love the kid, he throws some fire, but damn. 20 pitches today and he gives up 2 HR and 2 doubles. He's got no options left IIRC, so it's make the 26 or go home for him. I think we have to DFA and hope somebody grabs him.

:229031_shrug:
The guy has pitched pretty good at times..Not sure it's time to give up yet.
Meanwhile last years rule 5 pickup and one of my favorites (Brandon Brennan)
is pitching pretty damn good.

sutz

Reaction score
Can't get a damn break. :evil:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... ter-spots/

Dylan Moore’s wrist injury clouds situation surrounding Mariners’ final roster spots
March 10, 2020 at 6:23 pm Updated March 10, 2020 at 6:31 pm

PEORIA, Ariz. — Like the intermittent weather in the Phoenix area Tuesday, the situation with the Mariners’ final roster spots became clear for a brief time, only to be clouded by doubt.

With Major League Baseball rosters expanded to 26 players this season and teams expected to carry 13 pitchers (the maximum limit) and 13 position players, it has left a unique set of circumstances on how teams might fill out their bench spots.

For the Mariners, just when it seemed like you could project how they might fill those final two or three spots following roster moves Tuesday, a wayward pitch from an Angels pitcher in a Cactus League game hours later might have brought on more uncertainty.

- - - - - - -

In the third inning, Moore took a 93-mph fastball from Angels starter Dylan Bundy off his right wrist. The impact made a grotesque sound, and Moore was in immediate agony. He was removed from the game for what seemed certain to be a fractured wrist at the time.

Initial X-rays showed only a deep bone bruise, but further tests could change the diagnosis.

“It did not look good or sound good,” Servais said. “We’ll know more (Wednesday).”

It’s the wrong time for Moore to be sidelined.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":32foi9ws said:
Well, COVID-19 achieved what I believed a near impossiblity: the Mariners are tied for first halfway through May!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the same sense that...
The first highschool I went to (grades 9-11) hasn’t lost a football game in 33 years.

Of course they haven’t played a game in 33 years since it’s been closed since then. :(

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":291lo93p said:
Well, COVID-19 achieved what I believed a near impossiblity: the Mariners are tied for first halfway through May!

Still cant win a game though.. frustrating

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29u8p5wi said:
Maulbert":29u8p5wi said:

Still cant win a game though.. frustrating

But they haven't lost, either!

FlatIdealisticBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
June 1st spring training will start. July 1st or 8th will be 1st game of 82.

Thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
Pitcher, 2nd basemen, third baseman is all I got from hearing the news, wonder what happened to the other 3 picks, thought it was 6 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts