Mariners 2019 season

sutz

Reaction score
It was fun then. It is not fun now. Gonna be a rough 2 weeks coming up. Cleveland, NYY, and the Bosox. :white_flag:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's sad when the bad news bears have better fielding pct. than the Mariners. Now I know why Santiago wasn't playing much last season. He's strictly a DH. The M's have too many of the DH type of players and less of quality fielders. Plus the pitching sucks. Nice job DiPoto. DiPoto is to the Mariners what Wally Walker was to the Supersonics.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":npr2gt58 said:
It's sad when the bad news bears have better fielding pct. than the Mariners. Now I know why Santiago wasn't playing much last season. He's strictly a DH. The M's have too many of the DH type of players and less of quality fielders. Plus the pitching sucks. Nice job DiPoto. DiPoto is to the Mariners what Wally Walker was to the Supersonics.

DiPoto created a team of tradeable assets. Who cares what position they play?

EE, for example, should net a nice asset when hes traded.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, YK pitched a gem. 7 innings, 10 K's, 1 run allowed. Had a shaky 4th but had several 1-2-3 innings, too.

Then Swarzak walked 2 and allowed the game winning single in the bottom of the 9th.

Bruce hits a solo home run, but that's about the extent of the "offense." :34853_doh:

Losing streak continues. 5 and counting.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":24i7qzg1 said:
Well, YK pitched a gem. 7 innings, 10 K's, 1 run allowed. Had a shaky 4th but had several 1-2-3 innings, too.

Then Swarzak walked 2 and allowed the game winning single in the bottom of the 9th.

Bruce hits a solo home run, but that's about the extent of the "offense." :34853_doh:

Sucks the team has been losing, but the YK performance, and now Swansons, give a bit of hope to the long term version of this team.

Wonder if Felix's recent strong form would encourage someone to trade for him

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":n6iqo51j said:
sutz":n6iqo51j said:

Sucks the team has been losing, but the YK performance, and now Swansons, give a bit of hope to the long term version of this team.

Yeah, gotta love what Swanson and YK have done so far. I've read some speculation about Felix being tradeable, but his price tag is still high, and it's only been a month now, so I'm sure other teams would want to see some more starts to see how durable "New Felix" really is.

At least today, the O wasn't just HR or nothing. A few base hits and walks and actually cashing in on RISP for a change. I guess we knew it would be a streaky season, but they've been positively bi-polar this year.

On to NY, and the Yanks are pretty banged up right now. Even Pax is on the IL. Maybe we can grab a win there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1e92c7ul said:
sutz":1e92c7ul said:

Probably not with that 27 million dollar contract, unless the Yankers or RedSox have a run of pitching injuries and get beyond desperate.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Bottom second and its not looking good at all... bad felix showed up. With some errors to help him out :pukeface:

Threedee

Reaction score
My reaction to loading the bases and not scoring runs: "C'mon guys! You know your pitching staff can't out-duel any other pitching staffs in the league. It's score ten runs or bust!"

2_0_6

Reaction score
This season is just like countless other ones. They do just enough over a small amount of time to drum up excitement and get people in the seats, then they fall flat on their faces.

I know this is a "step back" year, so I am expecting to see some trades before the deadline instead of at the deadline.

sutz

Reaction score
2_0_6":1dcrysqo said:
This season is just like countless other ones. They do just enough over a small amount of time to drum up excitement and get people in the seats, then they fall flat on their faces.

I know this is a "step back" year, so I am expecting to see some trades before the deadline instead of at the deadline.
It's early in the year. Probably not many early trades unless some starters go out on the IL around the league.

sutz

Reaction score
Rain delay in NY. Up 2-1 in the 7th, but we were leading after 6, so if they call it, we win it. :)

Gonzo pitched a gem, really. 6 innings, 1 run. :2thumbs:

Later, tarp being pulled off. Looks like we'll have to finish the game. Too bad, NY's bullpen is better than ours.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sutz":3outdec0 said:
Rain delay in NY. Up 2-1 in the 7th, but we were leading after 6, so if they call it, we win it. :)

Later, tarp being pulled off. Looks like we'll have to finish the game. Too bad, NY's bullpen is better than ours.

Unfortunately not the case.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":qk4o5iin said:
sutz":qk4o5iin said:

Unfortunately not the case.
NY won. :229031_shrug:

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, everybody gave up, eh?

YK pitched a gem: 7 2/3, 3 hits, 1 run, 1 BB, 3K. Offense actually gave him some run support and the bull pen didn't blow our 10 run lead in the 9th. :)

Especially liked that the O didn't just have one big inning and go back to sleep. Scored in 5 or 6 different innings, including tacking on a couple of runs in the 8/9th innings. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Made JA Happ look like the 2nd coming of CY Young tonight.
These guys went from fun to frustrating to watch.

Getting beat (3 out of 4) by the Yankees junior varsity squad is a little embarrassing

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34pc6gbk said:
Sounds like Crawford is on his way up
They were kind of cagey on that last night after the game. But I suspect Dee's wrist is worse than we hope and he might miss at least 10 days on the IL. So Crawford would be a logical option. He's been killing it at Tacoma the last few weeks. All they said last night was that he was pulled from his game early, and was not injured, so the evidence points to your conclusion. It's a long flight to Boston.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say I gave up, but I never bought in even when we got off to that fast start. We all knew the team was going to suck going into the season. Nothing has changed. I’m not a big enough baseball fan to follow during a rebuilding season but I will be interested in a year or two. I see Crawford is on his way up, I just hope the young guys do well.