Mariners 2019 season

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":25jo4nlh said:
I wouldn’t say I gave up, but I never bought in even when we got off to that fast start. We all knew the team was going to suck going into the season. Nothing has changed. I’m not a big enough baseball fan to follow during a rebuilding season but I will be interested in a year or two. I see Crawford is on his way up, I just hope the young guys do well.
Crawford went 2-4, so good start for him. Other than that, not much good happened. :34853_doh:

Looks like Shed might go tomorrow.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I knew this team had low expectations going into the season, and I knew the 13-2 start wasn't sustainable, but damn. This team is so depressing. I'm now in the trade Haniger boat. He's been abysmal at the plate lately. If Dipoto and Servais are banking on this rebuild, then there's no point in keeping a late 20 something outfielder in tow who's struggling mightily at the plate, and who's not helping you win games. Seriously, they should trade him while he still has some value and aquire more of the young, talented prospects they're coveting.

This is getting really, really bad. They can't hit. They can't field, the whole pitching staff sucks. And lately, when they lose, they lose bad. Lopsided losses, save for a few one run games mixed in.

sutz

Reaction score
...and of course Felix takes a dump after that. :34853_doh:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Time for Felix to be a situational bp pitcher or go..
Whatever was working has been gone for last 3 games?
Call up the kid from double A.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2miz92cj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1127267787473207297[/tweet]

Now they can release him. Felix has been done for 3 years and it's finally time to pull the trigger.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3sf6p2fr said:
KitsapGuy":3sf6p2fr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1127267787473207297[/tweet]

Now they can release him. Felix has been done for 3 years and it's finally time to pull the trigger.

Probably should release Felix but there are other pitchers on the team that I'd argue need releasing before he does. Particularly ones that are in the bullpen. Felix pitched well a couple of weeks ago so he does have that in him. Swanson and Leake haven't been much better than Felix lately either (starters wise). DiPoto created this pitching mess. Plus now along with bad pitching there is a shortage of quality infielders on the team - no depth at 3B, SS, or 2B because DiPoto was busy trading those guys for RF and 1B players. Way too many of them on the roster - Encarnacion, Vogelbach, and Healy all play the same position. They have moved Healy to 3B (not his natural position). Plus the players are horrible defensively so when the pitching is decent they still lose because of the errors committed. Piss poor roster management is what I'm seeing, that falls on the GM’s shoulders.

sutz

Reaction score
This is painful, TBS. Felix on the IL, I didn't hear why. I don't think bruised ego counts. :34853_doh:

So Altavilla is back and walks 4 in one inning. Couldn't get more than 1 out. At one point threw 30 pitches, 13 strikes. :34853_doh:

Some silly looking errors in this game, missing and dropping pop flies, etc. Sure, it's raining, but still, these guys are supposed to be professionals.

Oh well, step back year. Stepped wa-a-a-a-y-y back.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This team didn't just take a step back....they are absolutely unwatchable. They are a collection of clowns who can't hit average to great pitching and can't field to save their lives. Plus their pitching leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see a contender in 2025 much less 2021 (as DiPoto has targeted). Too many positions that need fixing.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1jn0s6bn said:
This team didn't just take a step back....they are absolutely unwatchable. They are a collection of clowns who can't hit average to great pitching and can't field to save their lives. Plus their pitching leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see a contender in 2025 much less 2021 (as DiPoto has targeted). Too many positions that need fixing.
Can't agree more. Dipoto absolutely has created a mess that looks like it'll stay best for quite some time. Honestly, I've never been impressed with him at all. Think about all the stupid trades he's made and then think about which ones have panned out this far. The Marco trade, maybe? Is Vogelbach the longest tenured trade aquisition for Dipoto? It's depressing. Can't believe he was given an extension last year, especially mid season.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hanigar has been butt. The team is butt and looks like they mailed it in already. Tired of mariners sucking.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Nice extra inning win tonight--few and far between however. Offensively, Santana and Narvaez have been amongst the few bright spots.

I'm curious how Long and Crawford will fare in their debut auditions here. So far, not much from either but they should get plenty of time to see what they can do.

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1stlgvx6 said:
Hanigar has been butt. The team is butt and looks like they mailed it in already. Tired of mariners sucking.
Haniger has consecutive games with a 2d deck Home Run. :twisted:

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":37kqi3wb said:
Shanegotyou11":37kqi3wb said:
Haniger has consecutive games with a 2d deck Home Run. :twisted:

Yep things usually work the opposite of what i say. Lol

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wow. This Erik Swanson kid is a mess. I'm guessing he'll be back in Tacoma soon. His tryout for a spot in the rotation has to end after his disaster tonight, one would assume.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Just checked their record. Hovering around
.500 again. Every damn year. Why is it so hard for them to be better than that? Seems like this has been going on forever.