Mariners 2019 season

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":14yygcaz said:
This season might be the shittest or all Mariner seasons ever.
No it won't be..I've seen worse from the beginning.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3lh30bz2 said:
getnasty":3lh30bz2 said:
This season might be the shittest or all Mariner seasons ever.
I think it is. I think most everyone expected a step back this season. This was supposed to be a season where it was all about youth and getting that youth experience while having guys like Marco and Haniger move forward as your foundation. But instead, the youth movement thus far has been uninspiring and the foundational pieces have crumbled away. They have over exceeded my disappointment. I can't remember a season where I have been this disinterested. It pisses me off. There's literally no one on this team that is worth holding on to.[/quote]
There is a few but there is no superstars..It's going to take a couple more years before we
can see the results of the rebuild..Hopefully we get Ifa's and the draft right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3m3brunb said:
Anybody know anything about this Scheiner kid we got for Bruce? Going to A Modesto, I guess.
Hitting like .256, doesn’t look like anything special but I haven’t dove into his stats yet.

Edit: Looked at his stats, almost hit .300 last year with 13 homers a few SB’s
8th ranked Phillies prospect according to website I saw.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":pbk3ij7i said:
sutz":pbk3ij7i said:
Anybody know anything about this Scheiner kid we got for Bruce? Going to A Modesto, I guess.
Hitting like .256, doesn’t look like anything special but I haven’t dove into his stats yet.

Edit: Looked at his stats, almost hit .300 last year with 13 homers a few SB’s
8th ranked Phillies prospect according to website I saw.

Getting anything for Bruce is a bonus. Best part of this deal are the additional at bats available for other hitters now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Could end up being the worst M's team we have ever seen. At the minimum, by far the worst defensive team. :pukeface:
And their pitching staff has been brutal as well.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rl6h33z said:
Could end up being the worst M's team we have ever seen. At the minimum, by far the worst defensive team. :pukeface:
And their pitching staff has been brutal as well.
One hand washes the other. Our entire rotation is composed of slow throwing contact pitchers, who need dynamic defense behind them to succeed.

Our fast offensive start kind of papered over how bad the defensive stats have been since the beginning. Once that came back to earth...well, we can all see what happens.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
lol Oregon St could beat these guys. If i was a fan of another ball club, i would be so excited for them to come to seattle. Guaranteed win, stadium is as empty as Oakland, and theres more visiting fans than mariners fans

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2hoiowi4 said:
lol Oregon St could beat these guys. If i was a fan of another ball club, i would be so excited for them to come to seattle. Guaranteed win, stadium is as empty as Oakland, and theres more visiting fans than mariners fans

OSU couldn't beat a single A team. College baseball is the worst.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CPHawk":22yek5bo said:
Seahaaaawks":22yek5bo said:

OSU couldn't beat a single A team. College baseball is the worst.

Mariners couldn’t beat a little league baseball team right now. Beating a single A team would be a step up for them.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rf4ptxoo said:
XxXdragonXxX":rf4ptxoo said:
He is NOT a good defensive catcher. This is at least the third time in the last month he’s been out of position on throws to the plate. They are little league level mistakes. Love the guy’s bat but his future is at DH.

He's really not. Moore had so much momentum facing home, you can't fault him on that. Narvaez vacated way too early. Interesting what you're saying about him at DH. It's tough to say who I'd rather have between Omar and Zunino. What one is good at, the other is atrocious. I'm caught between two worlds.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
It's nice to see they're finally putting some capital into pitching. Dipoto has gone taken 8 pitchers with the first 10 picks so far. I like it.

On another note, Logan Gilbert was promoted to High A Modesto a couple weeks ago and hasn't slowed down. That's encouraging. What's not encouraging is Sam Carlson, their 2nd round from 2017. He's only played in two games so far since being drafted, both in 2017 for the AZL team. He had TJ surgery and was out all of last year and has been on the IL with Low A Virginia so far this year. Haven't heard anything in him in awhile.

sutz

Reaction score
And again, we can't get the 3rd out in an inning. I think we've given up 20 runs in the last week just on two-out hits. :34853_doh:

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's have given up 200 more runs than the Rays have. They might be the worst team in the league.