Mariners 2019 season

sutz

Reaction score
YK had a couple of good games in April. Now, always pitching from behind, giving up cheap homers and lots of runs. If he falls behind in the count, he can't put a quality strike across the plate and gets pounded.

The errors don't help, either. :34853_doh:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sutz":2pu6e4pq said:
YK had a couple of good games in April. Now, always pitching from behind, giving up cheap homers and lots of runs. If he falls behind in the count, he can't put a quality strike across the plate and gets pounded.

The errors don't help, either. :34853_doh:

That can be said for any current pitcher on the Ms. they all stink. This team doesn’t look like it can win 60 games. They’ve taken more than just a step back.....a million steps back is more like it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u6gqz5q said:
chris98251":2u6gqz5q said:
Many feel same ole Mariners.

This is different.

The team was designed to suck.

Yup. The true suck has risen. Thank gawd it was well before the mid season break.

THUD, that familiar sound of Mariner baseball.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, not a bad game by M's standards. Leake pitched well with a quality start. Relievers made it interesting, of course, but held on. Bruce hit HR 300 on his career, a 2 run bop that turned out to be the game winner. There were actually some defensive plays worth watching. Mallex Smith is coming around and looking like he may regain some of last year's form, when he hit almost .300 and stole a lot of bases. His trip down to Tacoma might just have worked out. He's been running down some balls in the outfield lately that not many could get to. Can't teach speed.

Two pretty good games in one week. Who'd a thunk? :twisted:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Say goodbye to Jay Bruce?heavy trade rumors with Philly..

sutz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":j58dzvcf said:
Say goodbye to Jay Bruce?heavy trade rumors with Philly..
He's been playing fairly well. Let's hope we get something good for him.

getnasty

Reaction score
This season might be the shittest or all Mariner seasons ever.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I remember very fondly of a time when I actually thought Marco Gonzales could be the face of this team moving forward. It's depressing how wrong I was.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
getnasty":flnb71sx said:
This season might be the shittest or all Mariner seasons ever.
I think it is. I think most everyone expected a step back this season. This was supposed to be a season where it was all about youth and getting that youth experience while having guys like Marco and Haniger move forward as your foundation. But instead, the youth movement thus far has been uninspiring and the foundational pieces have crumbled away. They have over exceeded my disappointment. I can't remember a season where I have been this disinterested. It pisses me off. There's literally no one on this team that is worth holding on to.

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":s54l8e45 said:
I remember very fondly of a time when I actually thought Marco Gonzales could be the face of this team moving forward. It's depressing how wrong I was.
TBF, he needs a good defense behind him. He pitches to contact. Giving the Angles extra outs doesn't help anybody. Our starting rotation is basically all Jaimie Moyer types and no Big Unit.

Now for the good news, looking forward. With Houston coming to town our bullpen is has already been ridden hard and put down wet.

:34853_doh:

sutz

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this Scheiner kid we got for Bruce? Going to A Modesto, I guess.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1135309210521034752[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1135309351143366656[/tweet]