Marshawn Lynch steals fans hat when asked for an autograph

mrt144

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1wudmn7g said:
It's cool that he signed it and took photos later but in the video it looked like he took someone's hat. It's not like he turned around 5 steps later and said "just kidding". Why wouldn't you assume he took it, I'm sure the owner of the hat did after ML walked through the tunnel. All the people saying this was an overreaction, it wasn't your property and why it's so easy for you to act with such moral superiority. I would have been pissed no matter who took my hat. It's a dick thing to do, especially when your not even friends.

It's also easy to act morally superior because we didn't cast aspersions on ML based on a snippet of video. :1:

Exittium

Reaction score
the masked jabs and assumptions of hating children...perfect examples of why this place has been going down a shit hill. And funny enough its usually the same people doing it repeatedly.

And no I don't hate children. and on that note, minus a few exceptional posts I'm done with this shithole. I enjoyed reading posts from many users and I learned a lot more about the sport and business. Some over the years have gone away, been banned, don't visit anymore for damn near the same reasons, or they just very selectively post.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2nvgv3o0 said:
Having lived in East Oakland, I can tell you that Marshawn's persona is extremely Oakland. Right down to how he uses "and" with pauses and just general other speech patterns.

What Marshawn absolutely is not, is a thug. A thug is a criminal, usually pertaining to inner city black folks (at least how people use it these days) involved in drugs and/or gangs and/or violence.

The use of the word is extremely transparent in most cases anyway.

He's so goddamn Oakland it makes me homesick.

mrt144

Reaction score
Exittium":2fi8rp91 said:
the masked jabs and assumptions of hating children...perfect examples of why this place has been going down a shit hill. And funny enough its usually the same people doing it repeatedly.

And no I don't hate children. and on that note, minus a few exceptional posts I'm done with this shithole. I enjoyed reading posts from many users and I learned a lot more about the sport and business. Some over the years have gone away, been banned, don't visit anymore for damn near the same reasons, or they just very selectively post.

Man, there are no awards in this life for being humorless, lighten up.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":5cbsg7ss said:
vin.couve12":5cbsg7ss said:
Having lived in East Oakland, I can tell you that Marshawn's persona is extremely Oakland. Right down to how he uses "and" with pauses and just general other speech patterns.

What Marshawn absolutely is not, is a thug. A thug is a criminal, usually pertaining to inner city black folks (at least how people use it these days) involved in drugs and/or gangs and/or violence.

Well, I only lived there for about a year, but it does make me want a bean pie from Muhammad's.

EDIT: Looks like that place is no longer there on MacArthur and is now a coffee shop. Not a muslim or anything like that, but bean pie is just delicious.

Subzero717

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2pujc3ki said:
Subzero717":2pujc3ki said:
ivotuk":2pujc3ki said:
peachesenregalia":2pujc3ki said:
Largent80 said:
Somewhere....somebody cares.

I'm outraged at your lack of outrage.

This right here folks. Much ado about nothing because we don't even know the whole story.
No way man. We are going to jump to conclusions and all get on our high horses.

It's cool that he signed it and took photos later but in the video it looked like he took someone's hat. It's not like he turned around 5 steps later and said "just kidding". Why wouldn't you assume he took it, I'm sure the owner of the hat did after ML walked through the tunnel. All the people saying this was an overreaction, it wasn't your property and why it's so easy for you to act with such moral superiority. I would have been pissed no matter who took my hat. It's a dick thing to do, especially when your not even friends.

Moral superiority? Its a hat. Even if I didnt get it back autographed, its Marshawn. Thats a better story than $30 at the Vu ever got me. But I did. Chill.

pehawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":fi7psevc said:

I mean, he did steal a hat, which makes him a criminal. Criminal, thug, same thing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
bleeding heart comments aside...looked like a joke to me and a shitty hat anyway. Funny how when he was here he could of pissed in someones drink and he would be defended..now that he is gone he has always been a thug Tupac style...

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2hda6u8m said:
mrt144":2hda6u8m said:
vin.couve12":2hda6u8m said:

Well, I only lived there for about a year, but it does make me want a bean pie from Muhammad's.

EDIT: Looks like that place is no longer there on MacArthur and is now a coffee shop. Not a muslim or anything like that, but bean pie is just delicious.

The roots of bean pie is kind of fascinating and so Oakland

Rob12

Reaction score
He's honestly probably a dick off the field.

Quick story, I work with a guy who saw him at Sea-Tac Airport. He was eating in a restaurant with a couple of other dudes. So my buddy, who is a Raider fan, didn't do anything. He finished his meal and then went to a shop and got a pink Seahawks hat in hopes that Marshawn would sign it for his wife, who is a huge Seahawks fan.

He bought the hat, and as he returned to the restaurant, Marshawn and his friends were walking out. My buddy asks very politely, "Hey Marshawn, my wife is a huge fan - think you can sign this?" And his claim is that Marshawn rolled his eyes at him, told him to get the **** away from him, and that he didn't appreciate being bothered.

My buddy doesn't hold much ill will about it, but he can't quite wrap his mind around how he was such a douche to him. A simple "No, I'm good" would have sufficed but Marshawn took it to another level. And I believe the story, as this guy is as solid as they come.

Loved what he did on the field for us. Not too sure I'd want to hang out with him off the field or approach him if I ever saw him in public.

Rob12

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1xl2pdx6 said:
People looking for offense gonna get offended. Some of them will even bring up dumb shit he did in the past. Few will mention him driving to a guy's house to return a wallet.

I would bet that the fan whose hat was "stolen" will get a load of signed BM merch before all is said and done.

Eh, I overreacted. My bad.

Rob12

Reaction score
...and look, I'm a huge Marshawn fan. One look at my avatar explains that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he's grown tired of having his culture appropriated so he decided to take a little piece back?

In all seriousness, this is less than nothing. Wake me up when he karate kicks a pregnant lady. In all seriousness.

Rob12

Reaction score
I agree that it's less than nothing. Like mrt said, he probably signed the hat and it was all a gag for the video. But if I'm being honest I have grown just a tad bit tired of his act, and ******** on a good friend of mine who didn't deserve it makes it hard to defend him. Maybe I am too defensive about our own players, but that kind of stuff chaps my *** a bit. If you don't want to sign something, or be bothered, just politely decline. It's really not that hard.

Golden Rule, and all of that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm literally nobody and I've had people who recognize me from work I've done come up and want to chat. I usually indulge them but first off it rarely happens, secondly I have what would be described as an extremely subdued temperament in public. Some people don't have that temperament and get hit up multiple times daily. Everywhere they go. And we're all from different upbringings and backgrounds. What's douchey to you and me may not be to Marshawn Lynch or Russell Wilson. Who knows.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2pgyjd40 said:
LymonHawk":2pgyjd40 said:
Exittium":2pgyjd40 said:
love what he did for us, but im really tired of the away/off field antics now.

And its not funny, no matter how "funny" people around him try and make it by laughing. Its tiresome, and its like he's a kid trying to just push buttons now to see how much he can get away with.

I can't speak for the next person, but I believe having a story about how ML took your hat is way cooler than just another signature.

But that's just me.

I'd tell the shit outta that story. I'd approach random people and tell them about it.

That was my first thought, that the person whose hat he stole would have a helluva story, and captured on video too.